smoking males??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
astrobud said:
they make a nice fire :D

With Smoke Smell like Weed and for the neighbors to smell.
I thought about burnning the left overs but the smell isn't good.;)

last year all my outdoor girls. i tok all the scraps stems an all and threw the bundle in a camp fire. it consisted of 3 female sativas that hardly even had any starting buds on them as out freeze come erly last year and they took for dang ever to progress. so i fingered wat the hek and in they went. lets just say it stunk up the campin area we was at for some time really good lol.
and tese were like 5 ft tall the 3 i threw on the fire.
i did the same wit the males i pulled as they revealed them selves. i camp in the spot i grew at so it worked out well.
not every day do ya get to throw a bunch of mj plants on a camp fire, was why i did it. LOL

I wouldn't smoke leaves but that's just me. They contain barely any of the good stuff so there's really no sense in smoking males or leaves. Just my thoughts. Take care and be safe.

i did have like 3 ounces of material from my males last year i made some BHO out them. aside from the ones that got cremated (sp?).... it was by far IMO not really worth the hassle. i mean i did get a buzz but nothin for sure to write home bout. it was a lite head buzz last for maybe 1/2 hour followed by a wretching headache in the back of my head and neck for the rest the day.
but now all i fdo is just chuck the buggers.

LassChance you are a wise one! I put what I had aside and haven't been on the site since my sign off so just read your response. Ironically last night with a couple of friends and some beer contributing to my decision, I gave it a try in a bowl and I got a VERY PLEASANT HIGH with no headache! I have wasted so many males, I'm kicking myself now! Skeptics...give it a try. The country as a whole is getting more conservative and less wasteful...call this doing my part!

Hemptown Hippy said:
LassChance you are a wise one! I put what I had aside and haven't been on the site since my sign off so just read your response. Ironically last night with a couple of friends and some beer contributing to my decision, I gave it a try in a bowl and I got a VERY PLEASANT HIGH with no headache! I have wasted so many males, I'm kicking myself now! Skeptics...give it a try. The country as a whole is getting more conservative and less wasteful...call this doing my part!

Give me your address And I'll send you enough leaf to choke out the Sun you can do my conserving for me!

Phatpharmer:hubba:

phatpharmer said:
Give me your address And I'll send you enough leaf to choke out the Sun you can do my conserving for me!

:rofl:

This guy/gal would have been crying if they saw what I swept into a trash bag for compost last week. It filled 2 50 gal trash bags to the point I had to compress them to tie them.

2 fifty gallon trash bins! Stop your going to give this guy a Boner!

Phatpharmer

I am new to growing anything. I asked my first question on this site to receive an answer from more experience growers and smokers. I would like to thank anyone who cared to give an answer. I am also disappointed in some on this site that think making fun of others is good sport.
some of us dont grow quanty to have 2 50 gal trash bags full of waste . Personal use or drug dealer? Some on this site dont smoke every hour on the hour. This site is for anyone who is interested in the growing and prolification of this great herb. Some people just have no class.

hemptown i doubt anyone meant to laff AT you for this...
its just that we all see it here every day almost- questions like yours and tehres dozens if not hundreds of threads that discuss the smokin of males plants and the responses are always the same an i doubt they'll ever change.
but hey man by all means if you get hi off ya males an you dig it, then thats your thing. go wit it i guess. just most of us have been down the road of males and runnin outta weed etc... and some are more fortunate than others to have been growin for many years if not most teir lives and im most eyes the taking and smokin of males is truly a waste of time. and tehres some who are beginners and diein to get hi and just havent gotten their own style of growing dialed in yet to where they can pull in they meds at a consistant pace(perpetual harvest) like some and yes smokinmales gets them up. but basicaly its each to they own man.
but again im sure noone meant any harm by it. we all also try to have a sense of humor makin this a fun place to be as well. and you'll find this anywhere you go in the world wether in person or in the E-world.
but if it works for you then hey mor power to ya. but teh time it tales etc to do all this wit males IN MY OPINION "IS" is a waste of time for myself anyway.
if i offended you i apologize and i hope you dont judge us or this site by this thread man. stik round and mingle more an get to know some on here. you'll find we all an easy to get along wit bunch.
good luck to you in all your endevours man.

My first grow was six bagseeds. 5 of the six are male. Am I desperate? Hell ya! Have 12 nirvana ww 3 weeks old. Hoping to laugh with you at male smokers 2 months from now. Dry as hell up here, can't even supplement my grow. Guess 3 weeks without makes one lose their sense of humor a bit. Must say though...still not bad!

BTW- Thanks zipflip.

yeah man you are preachin to the choir tho lol. my outdoor grow last year i sprouted over 40 seedlings and put i believe it was almost all 40 outside to grow and out of all them i lost bout half to a freak snow storm and the remaining i lost half at leats due to males. and still yet the remaining of them i only had 3 females that had really any bud worth smokin on them. the rest werre sativa SHWAG bagseeds, hence why they never even came close to finishing up in time to be even worth puttin in my pipe.
lets just say it was like someone pissed in my cheerios every mornin after my grow was over.
but this year i decide to go indoor an choose my seeds more wisely. i am fortunate to have friends who can anddo afford to buy the good nuggets that double the price of shwag and they get like maybe 15 beans outta 1/4 pound and they give them all to me. botu once a month.
tho i do not knwo the strain specific they still gotta be decent genetics vs mexican shwag seeds will give ya.
but needless to say i ahve been down that road of smokin males before but i never smoked the males strait in a bowl or joint. i made butane hiney oil out them. well... i don know if itd call it honey oil lol.. it taste dcrappy but yeah it did give me a buzz tho. but also followed by a wretchin headace the rest the day. and teh buzz only lasted half hour if taht an was very very lite heady. like i said nothin to warrant me or drive me to go for it all again lol.
and hey you not the only one whos dry man. im up north too an all is dry here an im out myself too. i finished up my last grows harvest few days ago. and i got at least another 5-6 weeks to reach full maturity yet on current girls.
it drives me nuts but hey. i got my 2nd family here at my home away from home MP to keep me occupied and busy etc to help ease the stress.
hang in there bud an be patient.
i know patience is a real hardcore ***** at times man but you'll get ther eventually man. just dont give up.

Oh dear me :D

You come on here asking about smoking males and dont expect any banter?

I'm not into picking on people but you must be delusional lol :p

At least your not as crazy as the guy who wrote this statement on another website
If you smoke the males, smoke the leaves. That's what has the THC. If you smoke the pollen, it will stay in your lungs. Then, when you smoke bud, the pollen will pollinate the buds' stigmas in your lungs, and attach to your lungs. Then seeds will grow in your lungs. Then you'd get an infection. There's a reason why people don't smoke male plants. That's why you have to smoke females.
Duh.

Take care and i hope you get some real weed soon.

Of course you will get stoned off the right male but not all are very strong and those that are stronger than others are still not very good.

Do-able but i wouldn't even bother and thats coming from someone who smoke all day everyday.

Stop been so sensitive, we not pointing fun at you we just pointing fun, this issue has been a long running internal joke for sometime now, its the internet man lighten up lol

Click the DP WW SFLC part of my sig to recieve you punishment lol :D

phatpharmer said:

Aw man that made me splutter phatpharmer ha ha!:D

I think with male leaf you might make a very low thc oil with a honeybee,must be something you can wash out of those leaves,maybe enough for a small stoner mouse called Gerald but as for smoking them?:confused:

Hemptown Hippy said:

LOL--Males do not contain any THC. If you got high smoking male fan leaves, it is something else or psychological...

im no botanist or anything but i thought that males even still contain some cannabinoids that may/can produce some sorta effect away from being totally and completely sober. but yet still not necessarilly THC.. or no?
idk but honest to god i did get a buzz but it wasnt exactly wat i'd really actually call a buzz but more of a feeling maybe lol.
but it was rancid and annoying cuz it left me wit this feelin like was liek tryin to have sex wit all your clothes on. LOL
and give me a wicked headache bout 20 min - 1/2 hour later.
but also i never smoked teh strait up plant mat. i used a male plant last year to try out BHO making. i didnt wanna risk ruinin any good bud my first trial on it was why i chose the male plant for the guinea pig. so maybe my exp was becuz it was a more concentrated ? hell idk maybe it was all in my Head too.
im goin crazy whos comin wit me!!!! LOL

either way, i wont ever do it again tho.

Males are great for making oil. You still need to dry it out but at least your efforts weren't completely useless. OIL IS GREAT!!

Reading all comments and thought I'd add info. We did not smoke any leaves (which may cause the headaches people refer to), only smoked dried tender tips above pollen sacks. Also, confused, if no THC in males, how is honey oil possible? Also, couldn't be psychological as all three of us caught nice buzz off of two bowls. Not like smoking canibus cup winners, but would still suggest to newbies to give a try.:D

Hello again.

Even tough i'm one of "the hater's" i still did my research before comenting.

I think a lot of people must be on a different internet to me cos about 10 seconds of searching and the males obviously do contain THC and some of them will get you stoned.

I've even just read a thing about some breeeders smoking males once pollen has been harvested off them to see which is strongest and therefore the one to use for breeding.

Dont get me wrong i wouldn't do it personally but from things i've read elsewhere i think stating that males have no THC content is going a bit far :p

ATB :)

Latest posts

Back