SnowWhite Generation 5

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
akirahz said:
What the sort of effects does it have on them, can you tell me more about it puffin? every thing u know hehe :)

Howdy AK!!!

:farm: I read over the years that UVB is supposed to help with the conversion of cbd to thc. aka convert the clear trichs to cloudy and then amber.:hubba:

Howdy SnowWhite Fans!!!

:farm: I scoped SnowWhite again today and I now see about 10 percent amber knobs on the trichs. I suspect a week or 2 more will do it. this has been a very long grow so far, coming up on 15 weeks of flower.:hubba:

Puffin Afatty said:
the leaf will all yellow and die about 3-4 weeks after harvest as the new growth comes along. the new growth comes from the buds you leave behind. then I lower light to within 10-20 inches and flip timer/pump to 24/0.

very nice technique, In the 3-4 weeks do the upper stems dry up as well? Do you have to do any trimming when you lower the lights, don't the stems get in the way of the light getting close to the lower buds?

thanx:D

blunt man said:
man of got the payshins of budda. My 8 week wait seemed like forever

Thanks BluntMan!!!;)

:hubba: yes, it's a loooooooong time to wait, but now that the amber is starting to show, I know the end is near. I think my little nute disaster of April 1st set harvest back by 2-3 weeks at least and I am hoping to see faster ripening by adding the UV . :farm:

IndicaKid said:
very nice technique, In the 3-4 weeks do the upper stems dry up as well? Do you have to do any trimming when you lower the lights, don't the stems get in the way of the light getting close to the lower buds?

thanx:D

:farm: at harvest, I trim about 2/3-3/4 from the top down, leaving the remainder to regrow for the next generation. when I am ready to flip the lights back to 24/0, I trim to the lowest level I can to keep the grow as compact as I can.:hubba:

hey puffin when do you harvest again?? you must be getting close to harvest time. i bet you cant wait lol

sportcardiva said:
hey puffin when do you harvest again?? you must be getting close to harvest time. i bet you cant wait lol

Howdy Diva!!!

:farm:
Harvest was scheduled for may 20th, but it will be another week or so at least. I made a little nute mistake on April 1st and it took a bit longer to correct I guess. I have sampled a couple of the back buds, they are very tasty, but still a bit young, only 10 percent of the trichs are amber. I'll be keeping an eye on Her for the next couple of weeks to determine proper harvest time. 15 weeks of flower so far and still counting down.

:watchplant:

OK PA.. how close is she???

I got about 6-7 more weeks on mah girls on this one...

however wife says the Central air unit is out so I might have to migrate the ladies up stairs for a day LOL... and claim that the grow area is a paint booth ro something LOL.

lorenzo said:
15 weeks of flower, wow.:shocked: Can't wait the harvest. Keep it up!:headbang:

Thanks Lorenzo!!! about a week or 10 days I guess.:hubba:

CasualGrower said:
OK PA.. how close is she???

I got about 6-7 more weeks on mah girls on this one...

however wife says the Central air unit is out so I might have to migrate the ladies up stairs for a day LOL... and claim that the grow area is a paint booth ro something LOL.

Thanks CG!!! :D I'm guessing about a week to 10 days and the trichs will be amber enuf for me to harvest:hubba:

Howdy SnowWhite Fans!!!

:hubba: Today I changed the res completely, abandoning the idea of never. It had been more than a year since I 1st started this grow and the res worked fine up until about month 14 or so. Around April 1st I added some nutes, but it was a disaster. the balance was off, and SnowWhite didnt like it one bit, so I diluted it back to 700ppm and SnowWhite approved. I was going to wait, until the new ReGen, but decided to go ahead today. :farm:

in 20 gallons of ro water, I added 100 ml GH micro, 200ml GH bloom, 4 tsp GH floralicious plus and 5 ml Green Fuse bloom. ph was 6.5 so I added 2 tsp GH ph down to bring ph to 5.8.. TDS now reads 800ppm.

I'll be checking again today to make sure the res has stabilized, but this is a typical starting res config. As before, I will add ro water/nutes as it is used/evaporates, to keep ppm at 800 and ph at 5.6-5.8. The only change I forsee is to change the res out at the start of each grow, abandoning the idea of a perpetual res.;)

:watchplant: SnowWhite has recovered, but Her trichs are still mostly cloudy, only about 10-15 percent are amber. I'll be waiting another week or so for 75 percent amber. :bong1:

Wow P A

You have been busy, did it take a lot of time?
Dit the res look clean?
Im just wondering if algae or slime were present.

HippyInEngland said:
Wow P A

You have been busy, did it take a lot of time?
Dit the res look clean?
Im just wondering if algae or slime were present.

Howdy Hippy!!! :D

[thanks for the tip on the 8-ball game]

:farm: I just pumped the old out and poured in the new, took about half an hour. Yes, there is algae along the sides of the res, doesnt seem to bother anything. I could paint the outside of the res to shut out the light from getting in and that will get rid of most of the algae, however, it seems almost beneficial somehow.:hubba:

Puffin Afatty said:

Howdy Hippy!!! :D

[thanks for the tip on the 8-ball game]

:farm: I just pumped the old out and poured in the new, took about half an hour. Yes, there is algae along the sides of the res, doesnt seem to bother anything. I could paint the outside of the res to shut out the light from getting in and that will get rid of most of the algae, however, it seems almost beneficial somehow.:hubba:

Beneficial is right, to some extent. Algae oxygenates the water, which is always a good thing. But if you have a pump of any kind, you're already achieving suffecient oxygenation of the water. I would paint the res in flat white bathroom paint. The fungicide in bathroom paints should give the exact protection you need.

But of course, if you like your algae, you can always keep it =).

liermam said:
Beneficial is right, to some extent. Algae oxygenates the water, which is always a good thing. But if you have a pump of any kind, you're already achieving suffecient oxygenation of the water. I would paint the res in flat white bathroom paint. The fungicide in bathroom paints should give the exact protection you need.

But of course, if you like your algae, you can always keep it =).

Thanks Liermam!!!:cool:

yes, I like it ok, except when cleaning the res, it's a little bit of a mess.;)

Howdy SnowWhite Fans!!!:D

I got the camera back today, so I took a couple pics. ok these are just the bowl I'm gonna spark in a minute, but I'll get right out to SnowWhite and get a couple pics of the Leaning Colas of SnowWhite. It's almost funny, but She really wants to get closer to the UV lamp. it's not weight, the stems are very strong and actually bending toward the little 26watt UV, while sending shoots directly up toward the 400w HPS. :hubba: anyway more on that after I take those pics. this Bud's for You!!!

SnowWhite ReGen 5 day 90 sample.JPG

SnowWhite ReGen 5 day 90 sample a.JPG

SnowWhite ReGen 5 day 90 sample negative.JPG

Latest posts

Back