so can i flower

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rubbfuzz

Reaction score
so is it possible to flower with 5,ooo lumens of cfls at all? thats all i have the cash for.. if there is a better alternative that is not to exspensive please tell me!! lol
i have a good plant and i dont want to screw it up, but as i said the funds are limited..

how tall is the plant? how big is the flowering room? You can start the flowering process, your not going to see real big bud development for a few weeks, which might give you enough time to raise some cash for more lighting, i suggest you get 10k lumens if your plant is over 3 feet tall. Then just add the lighting after you get more, the more light the more bud usually, so if you wanted to use 50,000 lumens on 1 plant you could.. if you wanted to use 5k lumens you could.. but which one will yeild more bud? 50,000 of course.. so just depends on what your goal is, how big or how long you vegged the plant.. id get as much light as you could at this point

I am new to this.....But have learned that you want 5000 lumes per square foot..so if that is all you have then your grow space is 1 square foot?..this is just what I have learned...I run HID/HPS...I do use flours for seed dtart...Good luck..

Smoke

You could use your cfl's for flowering. But your buds will be very small and airy. I have seen some nice plants from cfl'2 tho. I would recomend either getting more cfl's or save the cash and buy at least a 250w mh/hps lamp. Sounds like your space is going to get to small for a flowering MJ plant. Look in the lighting section for some helpful hints on how to set up cfl's, theres a couple ways that help save space. Now during flowering your plants will stretch to almost 3 times what it is now, your lights must be able to penetrate through the canopy down to the lower buds. So obviously the more light the better. I went from a 250w for flowering when I first started growing to a 1000w and it made a hell of a difference. So all in all if I were you Id go and get mh or an hps light. If not at least get more cfl's. Good luck.

Latest posts

Back