So... I found out I'm 1/32 native American.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inmediusre

Reaction score
On my grandma's side. My grandpa's side I'm more like 1/16, so whatever that means.

I also found out that my great great grandmother was a Princess in the Blackfoot Indian Tribe, which means, yes, you guessed it, I'm the great great great grandson of an Indian Chief. SWEET right?!

Which pretty much explains my love of the herb, of nature, and my apathy towards people.

My mother always told me I had alot of Indian in me, but that all the records were destroyed in a fire. Well, got back from a family reuinion and come to find out one of my relatives found some other records tracing the bloodline back to an Indian Princess. Not only am I extremely intrigued, but this is probably going to help me out tremendously when I apply to some major colleges in a couple of years.

Go figure.

Inmediusre said:
but this is probably going to help me out tremendously when I apply to some major colleges in a couple of years.Go figure.

I think you have to be a "member" of the tribe. to recieve the govt. aid. May want to check into that now instead of later and see what you have to do. ;)

i am fairly certain Mutt is right on this one...being as my one son is half native (fathers side not myself)

you should go check into getting registered if you can....you may not be eligible :( there are many laws that govern this and you must follow them to reap the benefits ;)

if you can get registered it will help you greatly like you said in education benefits and many other things...not to mention tax breaks

not sure how it works where you are....but i know here in Canada....i can take my son shopping and use his status card and we are exempt from taxes (on product bought on the reserve) :cool:

reguardless.....its always nice to find out your family history....i bet your really glad you went and found out all this stuff no matter what the end result :D

Wow a descendent of an Indian Chief, I would be stoked man. My Grandfather was a fullblooded Native. I love the heritage and the culture. The spirituality my grandfather taught me will live with me forever. I am not just talking religion, I am talking about the whole way he looked at life.

R.I.P.- Pop- I know you are watching over me smiling.

rockydog said:
Wow a descendent of an Indian Chief, I would be stoked man. My Grandfather was a fullblooded Native. I love the heritage and the culture. The spirituality my grandfather taught me will live with me forever. I am not just talking religion, I am talking about the whole way he looked at life.

R.I.P.- Pop- I know you are watching over me smiling.

Yah the big thing I'm getting out of this is some of my family history. My mother has always been into Native American culture, and I've always sympathized with the Native Americans and what the English did to them. It just explains alot of things and reaafirms my spiritual nature yah know? I'm really phyched about it.

The aid was secondary, and I'm not even looking at it from a point, hey I can get some money now. Money really wouldn't matter either way, cause I always planned on getting student loans anyways. I was looking at it more from a standpoint, that maybe I should look in to transferring to some colleges I otherwise wouldn't try and transfer too. I don't know how that works out tho, with college acceptance, or even if it matters. But I figure it can only help right?

That's cool that you're learning about your family history, but I doubt being 1/32nd N.A. will do anything for you. I don't know much about it, but 1/32nd seems pretty miniscule for me...and I assume the government is more tight-ass about it than I am. As far as your spirituality and whatnot, I don't buy into any of that being genetic. Don't mean to tread on you or your beliefs man, I just think that personality comes more from environment than genes.

Latest posts

Back