soft white??bright white??day Light??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RastaMan

Reaction score
Hello all, I have another lights question. I went to home depot and found bunch of lights there. which ones should I use? I have only one plant. I use now one daylight CFL and Brightwhite CFL. what about soft white CFL??? I have one 40w soft white but I read that those are not good or are they? My plant is 8 days old. currently I have one 23w bright white and 23w daylight. am I all set for now? My plant is not growing a lot but he shoots one leaf after another. The seed is from the bag that I planted for fun and didnt expect anything but it came out even without the germination.

thanks and happy smoking

RastaMan said:
Hello all, I have another lights question. I went to home depot and found bunch of lights there. which ones should I use? I have only one plant. I use now one daylight CFL and Brightwhite CFL. what about soft white CFL??? I have one 40w soft white but I read that those are not good or are they? My plant is 8 days old. currently I have one 23w bright white and 23w daylight. am I all set for now? My plant is not growing a lot but he shoots one leaf after another. The seed is from the bag that I planted for fun and didnt expect anything but it came out even without the germination.

thanks and happy smoking
What you need are either cool white cfl's or soft white cfl's or a combo of both. You need a minimum of 3,000 lumens per square foot of grow space.

Thanks TBG, I'm using CFL's that are spiral like they just screw in like a regular bulb. So far so good. I rent som my space is limited I can't go with HPS or any other lighting you guys use. Can I still get the plant to grow some butts with these lights or I'm just waisting my time. Even If I'll get just for one bowl or "j" I'll be happy.

So different colour lights yield different kinds of plant growth?

You'll still be able to get buds. However, the more lumens the better. It seems to me since Im still learning that people that use HPS get more tight buds as opposed to the loose airy ones with cfls. You'll still be able to get some buds.
I guess the trick is gonna be for you to get as much light as you can get man. Light is very, very, very important when it comes to flowering especially I think.

You don't even know how happy I'm with your answear. I will put in as much lumens as I can. I'm at day 9 so I have pleny of time to build a grow box from some furniture. got to go to IKEA and look for some cheap stuff

hey rastaman , i have been wondering the same thing but i have found that cfls if u have the proper spectrum and sufficient lumens like 5000 per sqft and u will get tight popcorn buds not huge but popcorn is nice too.... i am only speaking for what i have learned on this great site so if anyone disagrees pls correct me..... i hope this helps u out and gives u more motive to grow.... good luck and hope to see a nice female soon.......

Latest posts

Back