SOG/Molasses Experimental Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

williehd1

Reaction score
I'm new at this forum and grow journal stuff but here goes.
I am starting a SOG bed with twelve clones. Six of the plants will receive molasses as a supplement, six will not. All other care and feeding will be identical.
The hypothesis is that adding molasses as a supplement will increase bud size.
All of the clones came from the same mother plant, which was a bagseed plant that I called SKOM #2 (Some Kind Of Mexican #2). A previous clone that I grew and harvested from this plant reealed that this plant is excellent for SOG style growing. That plant was 18" high when harvested, with the top 13" being the cola. It turned out to be quite potent with a pretty red color when dried.

I'll post pictures once I figure out how to use this Picasa program.

welcome to the site ,hope to see some picks soon it sounds pretty interesting ill bee watchin this one,also i use that picasa for resizing my picks and it is great it was pretty easy ,cause im not all that computer savy and i figured it out lol , any ways good luck on the grow ,what size lights u useing ??and what kind of nutes u gonna be useing ??

Here is the basic info to this point.
The clones were cut 1/5/08, placed in GH Rapid Rooter plugs under a humidity dome. By 1/19/08, all clones had rooted enough to be transplanted into 2-gallon nursery pots containing a mixture of Miracle Grow Moisture Control Potting Soil and Miracle Grow Organic Potting Soil. Supposedly, this mixture will provide all the nutrients I need for a ninety day period. This mixture will be supplemented with Schultz Plant Food Plus (NPK 10-15-10) to help induce flowering.
The clones were placed under a 600W HPS HID light in a 12/12 light/dark cycle immediately after transplanting with the height of the light adjusted to provide 4000 foot-candles at the base of the 4-to 6-inch plants.
The clones/plants grew an average of 1-inch per day this past week. Early pistil formation is aleady in progress on just about all of the plants. Beginning next water cycle, I will be supplementing the six plants on the left in the pictures with 1-tablespoon of molasses per gallon of water. Due to some recent heavy rains, I have stocked about 20 gallons of rain water for watering the plants. Hopefully, it will rain again before I run out. I'll try to ost the pics now.

Grow Pics 5 010.JPG

Here are some pics of the experimental grow. Can't tell any difference in bud size yet, but they are only one month old today (Happy Birthday Babies!) and have only been under the flowering light cycle for 17 days. Hopefully they have reached the end of their stretching as I would like to keep them under two feet tall.
Also, some bud pics from my Sensei Skunk and Sweet Tooth plants. They are three weeks away from harvest.

Grow Pics 5 038.JPG

Grow Pics 5 046.JPG

Grow Pics 5 055.JPG

Grow Pics 5 057.JPG

Grow Pics 5 058.JPG

Grow Pics 5 047.JPG

Grow Pics 5 061.JPG

Grow Pics 5 062.JPG

Grow Pics 5 063.JPG

Grow Pics 5 064.JPG

Latest posts

Back