Soil, complete re-think

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahh yesss, it is the "Zen" of all things to have their own "language". If we are careful and patient enough we can learn these different languages. It seems mystic but I believe there is real science behind all of it. "Natural science":D Pardon the Rush lyrics, I just smoked a bowl of Pineapple Chunk :)

Hushpuppy,

Back in the old days...
Back before I became disabled, I used to work out at the gym.
I was serious and did it to keep up with my hounds while out hunting all night.
My personal record was 131,000 Lbs in 1 1/2 hours or a thousand pounds a minute for an hour and a half.
Joe Weider was the guru of bodybuilding and trained Arnold Swartzeneger, Dave Draper and Frank Zane.
Joe Weider had a periodical with exercises and the training techniques of various bodybuilders.
My cousin subscribed to it and when he was through with them I'd bring them home an study them.

Joe Weider always said: "Listen to your body"!
Listen to your body, if it wants to work out two days in a row instead of every other day do it and if it wants to rest an extra day do that.
More food/ less food...
"Listen to your body".

Fast forwards 20 years and I hear the same advise, except it's:
"listen to your plants". Yeah I can dig it!~ and good advise it is, listen to your plants! Alright

And Rosebud... do they sell Mychorrizae at the hydro shop?

Thank you...

The Poet...♪

i hunted and owned treeing walkers for about 15 years when i was younger. my older brother bought a pup out of world champion "robs danny boy". she would run a coon 90 minutes old with little trouble. a fairly fresh scent, u could not keep up with her. all new comers swore she hada be chasing deer. she never did though.. i was in such good shape there was hardly a tree in the woods i couldn't shimmy up. i fell 30 feet one night when a coon bailed and landed on my head. a couple broken bones. pine limbs saved me.. good old days. i cut my leg cast off with a screw driver and hammer to get married. (castless)..so many good, true stories..

GH: You should have left the cast on until the wedding night so that you could tell her yours is still in the package it came in :eek: :rofl:

GH: You should have left the cast on until the wedding night so that you could tell her yours is still in the package it came in :eek: :rofl:

nice pup!! :laugh: it had been 7 weeks and i wanted it off now! doctor was on vaca for another 2 weeks and my cast had gotten wet, muddy bottom more than once. chasing coons. got to stinking and hada come off or postpone wedding. the only time i ever fell after climbing a hundred trees or more was that night. there were 5 of us hunting and dolly(dog), my girl had treed within 5 minutes. season was open so we hada scoped 22 rifle. coon love to climb pines and always go for the top. we could see his eyes glowing but had a rookie shooter who just kept on missing. eventually the coon closed his eyes so i climbed. when the coon bailed out, i was getting near the top. he landed square on my head! this was the second time that had happened and this time i knew to let go of my hold on the branches to shake him off. big mistake. when i tried to regrab, the branch broke and i went into freefall. thought i would never hit the ground. we had several dogs with us. one of the guys had an old bluetick hound that was mostly blind. when i hit the ground, i must broke a dozen pine branches on the way down. within 3 seconds as i was just clearing my head, that old bluetick ran to me thinking i was a giant coon and locked on to my head!! i never said a peep on the way down or even after i hit but when i got bit, i screamed loud. my buddy carried me over a half mile on his back. we got chased between barbed wire fencing, by a huge heard of black crazed cows. thats when i was most scared. we made it to the hospital. broke leg, toes. many years ago but remember it so well.. many times i shoulda died or got hurt real bad. no fear back then. and lucky

:rofl: That's funny to hear it. If not for the real damage and pain, that would make a great comedy skit. just the irony of it with the dog locking onto yer head after you just busted yer *** falling out of a tree.:doh: I have been lucky in my life where tree climbing, house climbing, giant forklift mast climbing is concerned. Ive never fallen. I used to do residential roofing before working on forklifts and I have had some hairy moments. Although if you raise a "man-up" forklift all the way to the stops (anywhere from 20'-40' high) the sensation when you hit the mechanical stops will make you soil your shorts :eek:

over a few beers how the stories come back. always ends with shoulda died that day or night. would'nt change most of it though. just the parts where it still hurts.. i worked a few years with lifts. such great time savers but made me spooked at times also.:)

Latest posts

Back