Soil Moist 7-7-7

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mistisrising

Wierd Al Yank a Male
Reaction score
I really looked, but I didn't see any other thread mentioning it. I've been looking at ways to reduce how often I tend to my crops in the summer. I found this soil moist with a 8-9 month slow release nutrient. I figured with a quick release N for the beginning of the season, and a slow release Phosphorous fert for the late summer, then along with the soil moist should be good all year if we get even close too enough rain. My real question is, does anyone think that the 7-7-7 will give too much N later in the season and cause my sativas to re-veg? I know the indicas will be alright, even if it is too much, since they are angling to be done in sep/oct. A few extra weeks on these won't hurt, but it may be the difference with my sativas.

I used time release ferts for about the last 4 or 5 yrs that I grew outdoors. I didn't add any vegging ferts to the mix though. What I did was amend the soil in the fall, with all sorts of organics, compost worm castings, and bone, and blood meal. I would plant in that mix in the spring. When the days first started getting shorter, I would put time release bloom ferts on them. This saved me from haveing to make trips out to my grows. As long as it rained my plants were fed. If we had a dry spell of more than 2 weeks I would drag water to the plants. The organics in the soil were enough to get through the veg time.

I never used any water retaining granules other than vermiculite, so I can't speak on that. Good Luck to you.

Thanks. I'm going to test it on a few if I can't get anyone with some experience with it.

Latest posts

Back