Soil PH too High

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pickle

Reaction score
Currently have 6 clones growing in soil. I've been having some issues here the last week. I always water with PH adjusted water(I have a meter). I took the plant in worst shape(yellowing between veins...looks like nute lock out) and watered with ph adjusted water to 6.5. I checked the runoff and it was 7.06. YIKES!!! Seems like the soil has been my problem all along. The soil is just some potting soil from home depot mixed with garden garden soil from same place. So how do I fix this? Do I lower the Ph of the water lower to compensate for the higher PH of the soil? I see they have sulphur to lower soil ph. Maybe mix some lime with next watering? any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hello Pickle :)

You have 2 options.

Lower the water down to 6 and then check the run off, if the run off is hanging around 6.5 then that is 1 option.

The other option is to change your soil.

:peace:

Once my soil pH was too acidic. I kept on pouring water of pH 6.5 in until the runoff pH rose to where I wanted it. So, in other words, I flushed it with water pH 6.5 until the soil pH had risen. You want the exact opposite, but it should work for that too. What Hippy suggested sounds good, though. His way sounds quicker than my way.

Guess maybe a depends on strain a bit. They are both right. I would go with bag of Hort Lime at the Depot, Lilly Miller. Since your headed to flower anyhow, they will love it. Give it 6.5 H20, then add nutes per schedule. The nutes will lower it a bit, which puts you where you want to be. And you just gave it a treatment of lime,nutes and fresh H20!!! They should be smilin like me when I get samples from vendors.. GL

I think I gonna just change the soil and call it a day. time to stop being cheap and go get that bag of foxfarm ocean soil. Thanks for the info. Much appreciated!

i have been growing in ffof for 3 months and my runoff hasnt fluctuated from 6.5 at all :)

Good attitude, pickle. You won't be disappointed with FFOF soil.

Latest posts

Back