soil questions.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mawth420

mawth420
Reaction score
I'm currently using miracle grow potting soil that feeds for 3 months and the plants are doing great. But ive heard its bad, and i know that you shouldn't feed your plants 2 weeks before harvest.

So my questions are...
What is a good soil i can buy to use or is what im using okay?
and 2 weeks before i harvest this crop should i flush the soil really well?

Thanks a lot

Fox farms, Promix, Earthco any good Organic soil. Big companies like MG., dont produce very good porducts... IMO.

I just make my own.

Its really hard to flush time release soils because every time you add water, the soil releases nutrients.

i see. Should i translant and flush them just prior to harvesting then? or just hold off on watering them a lil bit before?? Thanks

I would try to get them into new soil as soon as possible. Try to avoid any long term problems from nute locks, burns.

Get your new soil ready and do it quickly in a dark place. The roots hate light exposure. Once you have them in there new homes, give them a good watering. Then keep an eye on them. Dont over compensate though. Like excessive watering or ferts.

I have never used MG products, but I have heard a lot of problems associated with it. Specifically the time release formulas.

Good luck.

Problems with MG soil are usually just ph related. Add a lil lime to it and it should be fine. I've seen some fine grows with MG. That said, I prefer the Promix line. Very good soil and no need to add anything to it. Sounds like CS knows his stuff. He gave you some great advice.

I am finishing up my first grow and used the same MG moisture control u have ( only because others weren't avaliable) and am having no real problems at all... I am changing to pro mix next time but if they are already flowering i would let them be... IMO

Good luck!!!

i've been using the mg soil and had no problems for a while but my last two plant in it haven't done well at all. i won't use it again. just my thoughts

Sorry about the bad picture, But for bag soil.... This is one of the best and very affordable. ;) Promix and Earthco are also very good.:D

Fox Farms....JPG

Latest posts

Back