soil vs hydro

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cutthoatish420

Reaction score
alright guys time to mess wit hydro... i heard u harves a lot quicker wit hydro but r there any other benifits.. any infos appreciated.

LOL ahhaha you come to the right place brotha. Hydro your gonna need some equipment first thing is Hydro Nutes second thing pH up and down third thing is pH testing kit. Next your gonna need to get a Hydro system theres alot to choose from Areoponics Bubbleponics ebb&flow drip and Deep Water Channel

You will also need floros for your Veg and Multi Spectrum for your flowering I like more blue in flowering then red but to each his own you will also need your additives which depends on your taste If you need anymore help plz feel free to post

"biggest thing brotha never worry about what youll get out of it"

Grow big buds learn from the poster on this post and youll be sure to grow some danky sticky buds brudah

what i need is my boy that lives next to me to put his light over my plants wen i get my seeds huh... hahaha how much quicker does hydro take bro

Depends on the lighting id start off With DWC sheds off 2 weeks and you get a bigger yield always start off with CFLs though over 6k anything less and your asking for trouble

i disagree with the growth rate.plants i've grown in deep water culture,way outgrow soil grows.i grew in soil 1st and can surely see the difference.the last harvest was suppossed to be a 9 week flower period.it finished in just a few days over 7 weeks.i'm not saying thats the general rule for all strains.but dwc out performs soil,hands down.

Exactly no dissing to organic growers but Hydro out preforms soil in yield hands down

That isn't even an argument. Soil guys just can't bear to admit it is all lol. Synthetics are were its at. I might go organic one day but just for fun, maybe I'll run hempy buckets for my moms or something. Anyways, you forgot one hydro technique, Nutrient Film Technique. Flowering time is not dependent solely on genetics either. True genetics plays a large roll, but so do providing OPTIMAL conditions. With optimal conditions a plant will always do better, produce more, and produce faster than a plant that isn't. Lots of things can either extend or shorten the flowering time.

andy52 said:
i disagree with the growth rate.plants i've grown in deep water culture,way outgrow soil grows.i grew in soil 1st and can surely see the difference.the last harvest was suppossed to be a 9 week flower period.it finished in just a few days over 7 weeks.i'm not saying thats the general rule for all strains.but dwc out performs soil,hands down.
Well i grow with the water farms with only about 4-5 inches of soil, and i have a lot of roots in the bottom resivor.

Tater said:
That isn't even an argument. Soil guys just can't bear to admit it is all lol. Synthetics are were its at. I might go organic one day but just for fun, maybe I'll run hempy buckets for my moms or something. Anyways, you forgot one hydro technique, Nutrient Film Technique. Flowering time is not dependent solely on genetics either. True genetics plays a large roll, but so do providing OPTIMAL conditions. With optimal conditions a plant will always do better, produce more, and produce faster than a plant that isn't. Lots of things can either extend or shorten the flowering time.
ive done both and i really like soil/hydro and even my buddy ive known for a while, hes been growing for 10 years and hes tought me a lot and hes compared plants grown in hydroton and plants grown in soil, and the hydro soil plants were HUGE compared to regular hydro or just regular soil, he did all 3 in 1 grow area, and actully soil is just a medium just like hydroton just because you have hydroton doesnt mean your growing hydro, but as long as theres roots in the resivor, then its being grown hydro bottom line, soil or hydroton or coco coir is just preference, but people try to say im growing soil, no im growing hydro.

its not that us soil guys don't want to atmite it, its that we got stuff to do!!! an don't got time to be worrying if my roots are dry. in soil is pretty much sett it an for get it!!! can't beat it.

Wiseguy_Chef said:
its not that us soil guys don't want to atmite it, its that we got stuff to do!!! an don't got time to be worrying if my roots are dry. in soil is pretty much sett it an for get it!!! can't beat it.

Yeah but you guys have to play with dirt :p Water is easy to clean up :)

you hydro growers dont feel bad for me with the money you bought your ph/tds meters with i bought alot of diff organic nutes and strains

im sure your friend will sell you one if you ask politely ;)

EASTLA_KUSHSMOKA said:
you hydro growers dont feel bad for me with the money you bought your ph/tds meters with i bought alot of diff organic nutes and strains

LOL--I bought my pH and TDS meter with the money I saved by not having to buy soil, perlite, peatmoss, vermiculite, etc, etc...

either way your going to need a pH and TDS tester for soil or Hydro

I have my ph tester kit to check the water in the resivor of my SOIL/hydro setup :clap:

what is a soil hydroponic kit whiterussian there is no such thing OK OK!!

The Hemp Goddess said:
LOL--I bought my pH and TDS meter with the money I saved by not having to buy soil, perlite, peatmoss, vermiculite, etc, etc...

its called FF OCEAN FOREST but i was just kiddin 2010 is my hydro year this year is gunna be by best year only thing i didnt manage to buy was a d.camera now excuse me as i pack a bowl of some fire og mixed with a bit of g13 :)

Latest posts

Back