soil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbr7515

Reaction score
going to get serious with my indoor grow. what is the best soil i can buy?something that will be best suited for auto. if there is such a soil. and what are the best nutrients to use.

was thinking. vermiculite and a Sunshine Growing Mix #4. 1 to 1 ratio mix. thoughts?

what nutrients with that?...i like organics and use ****

Skip the vermiculite. Just Sunshine #4 w/ fine ground lime added in at 1cup per cubic foot of medium(7.4gal) and General hydroponics grow and bloom. That's it.

1 cubic foot is equal to 7.4 gallons? so, with the 2.2 cubic foot bag i would add like 2 and 1/8 cups lime. roughly? that's enough for five 3 gallon pots correct. one pot be just a bit shy

Standard pot plant soil is not suitable for autoflowering cannabis seeds. Buy low nutrient soil from a specialized grow shop.

Fox farms ocean forest....I use on seedlings, freshly rooted clones and have never shed an issue...

I agree with the Chef, Sunshine #4 and GH 3part nutrients. I personally would add about 2" of hydroton in the bottom and have good drainage holes and catch pans. This will allow the excess water to get away from the wicking action of the soil/medium. :)

Also very important to get a good quality pH pen and calibrating fluids for setting up the pH of all water going into the soil/medium. Non-organic grows live and die by the pH of the solutions going in.

We in WA are really fortunate. In general, the water supply in 7 county's I have seen or done grows in, have a PH of about 7.4 or so. The lime in the mix will keep that stabile for you.

bbr7515 said:
1 cubic foot is equal to 7.4 gallons? so, with the 2.2 cubic foot bag i would add like 2 and 1/8 cups lime. roughly? that's enough for five 3 gallon pots correct. one pot be just a bit shy

Sounds right. Super stoned on some White Rhino wax. Enjoying the holiday off. Luv being the boss. If State gets it off, why not me :)

Damn right Chef, I hear ya :) On the lime in the soilless mix, I thought the lime raises the pH so in a solution that is around 7.0 I would think you wouldn't want the lime. I like to keep everything around 6.0 for anything that isn't organically grown. My water here is around 6.5-6.7 generally and in some places a little lower.

so many choices on soil it will almost drive a man to smoke!! i will be raising 2 plants in a mix of some kind, and 2 in a hydro setup. and hydro is something i have never did. but i have done tons and tons of research.i will be constructing a grow area in a spare bedroom. using a corner of the room,(3x3x72) that way i just have to add two walls.
but i am am leaning to the s4 mix.and the addition of hydroton is a great idea

Lime is neutral. So it can either raise or lower PH depending. But it buffers the PH to stabilize it for the cycle. That's why I like a good amount per cubic foot. You can add hydro ton for drainage. But it's just another step that's not needed. Sunshine #4 or Pro mix are well draining right outta the bag.

trillions of atoms said:
7.4 is good???

Stick to cooking dude....im waiting on your killer big nug pics and advice.

please get advice elsewhere... .

this is redic.

Not sure what you mean? 7.4 is a good tap water source with no adjustments. As far as pics, there's tons.

Latest posts

Back