SOMEONE HELP!!! My plants are extremely droopy!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenuine

Reaction score
My plants are extremely droopy for the past three days. They are in the 4th week of veg and are pretty big. Recently in the past three dayz the leaves just started drooping.. They recover a little bit during their night cycle but by the end of the 18hr light cycle they are droopy again. I use hydroton, which is the medium in hydro. (NOT SOIL) Is anyone familiar with this?
I dont know what to do!! I've foliar feed them today, put a compost tea in yesterday.... finally I decided they might be in nutlock and took out all the nutrients and water from the resevoir and replaced it with just water to flush.
Hopefully that will help.. I dont know if I'm over watering or underwatering...but It automatically waters for an hour 4 times a day.
CAN ANYONE HELP!?!? The stems arent droopy but the leaves are bad... they seem stunted. IT sucks!!

sincerely, Freakin out!

If this is an ebb and flow system, (fill and drain), then yes, put nothing but water for a day or two.

No spraying of the leaves either.

What size lights are you using and how close are they to the plants?

Increase your watering cycle if it's an ebb and flow to 1 hour on, two hours off, 24/7.

Let me know more about your grow after you've done this.

The lights are 600 watts.. and at one point my friend lowered the lights (which i thought was too close to the plants)...That is when this problem started. I raised the lights over a foot above. And at times they seem to get better, but by the end of the 18hr light cycle they are droopy again. I want to flip them because it's time, but I'm afraid of what will happen if they are not healthy. THIS IS SO FRUSTRATING!! They were doing fine. They are a little yellow...possibly a nitrogen def. In that case what would you recommend?

Also how can i tell if they are over watered or under watered? I don't think they are overwatered, because they drink a decent amount and i refill the resivour. Is there a way to tell tho? Someone tell me how to get them back on track.

Jenuine said:
The lights are 600 watts.. and at one point my friend lowered the lights (which i thought was too close to the plants)...That is when this problem started. I raised the lights over a foot above. And at times they seem to get better, but by the end of the 18hr light cycle they are droopy again. I want to flip them because it's time, but I'm afraid of what will happen if they are not healthy. THIS IS SO FRUSTRATING!! They were doing fine. They are a little yellow...possibly a nitrogen def. In that case what would you recommend?

A 600 watt light should never be closer to the plant canopy than 24 inches. Your plants are cooking.

Raise your lights and the plants will improve.

The damaged parts will not recover. However, the new growth will be fine and the undamaged parts will start to grow rapidly.

24 inches. No closer. Move them up as necessary to keep that distance.

Good luck man!

Im using cfl's with less heat and im having the same problem but its only 1 plant, the biggest 1 it blew up when i changed the lighting but just started getting bushy. i have plenty of growth within the nodes and lots of pistils are showing up, but still a week later it is still droopy.:(

heres a pic of mine

img46.jpg

watering - water till it leaks from the bottom of the pot then re-water a few days later , that should be enough for them.

the lights is what does it most though like stoney bud says , but say you dont use a 600w just adjust it closer slightly if its less than 600 that is

(im a sick plant expert lol) except bugs !!

Latest posts

Back