Please help me

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bc0430

Reaction score
I've tried a few forums but I haven't gotten any info. I'm really hoping that we can revive our plants, any help is greatly appreciated. They are 4th week into bud and up until this point have been doing amazing. Dark green, growing fast and super bushy. Last Tuesday we flushed them with straight water, PH was checked and right on. Friday night we ran Blossom blood through them for the first time (our first time using this, we heard it was really good- is anyone familiar with this?). We checked on the plants last night at 10:30pm (Saturday), all were good and still a bit heavy so we planned on watering today or tomorrow. This morning we went in at 7:30am to close our veg room door so the light wouldn't disturb the ones flowering and they looked like this! All of them were extremely dry and crispy and the leaves curled up. In only 9 hours! Everything is on timers but it looks like one of our 2 large fans turned off so our guess is heat burn? It wouldn't have anything to do with the blossom blood would it? We watered this morning and most of the fan leaves are coming back, most plants are softening, but a few are still crispy. We misted them twice since watering. We have fans going and the door open to cool our grow rooms. Is there anything else we can do? Do we have a chance? Will it stunt the bud growth if they do make it? There's 38 all together with only 4-ish weeks left, we can't lose them! (Slightly panicking) They still look pretty rough today. What leaves were softening last night, are back to dry and crunchy. Should I try revive?

Dry and crispy curled up leaves? Sounds like a major ph problem, over feeding, or a heat issue like you said. Pics would help us.

Gotta lose the live link bc...click this and it will help you post your pics on MP.

>>>http://www.marijuanapassion.com/how_to_upload_pictures.html<<<

Even if peeps wanted to click that link you have to be a member of that Tool Shed RIU in order to see the pic.

ok, I figured it out. Here is one of the worst and most crunchy ones. The fan leaves came back but the tops leaves are bad.

plant2.jpg

Wow...how hot did it get in your grow space? Tell us about your grow space. How many sqr feet? What kind and how much light? What is your ventilation set up like?

It's about a 10'x15' room, the plants are raised on a bench in an L shape. We have 6 1000w sodium lights. I'm not sure how hot it got, it was normal temperature when we went in to check on them at 10:30pm Saturday night, Sunday morning it was a little warmer than usual but they all looked like this. We have 2 vortex fans, venting is 6 inch. One of them had shorted and turned off at some point in the night (the timer for that one is apparently messed) A few of the plants that were under the fan that was working have perked back up and look back to normal, but the majority (I''d say about 34 of the 38) are still rough looking.

Huh...doesn't really sound like it got hot enough in there to have caused this. I hear the word crispy and think ph but I didn't see anything in your pic that screamed a ph problem. Maybe it was related to that new Nutrient you added? Not sure...wish I could be of more help.

Ya, part of me was wondering about the Blossom blood, but really only because it's new and it was the day before that we used it. I just don't know if it could do this much damage, this fast? When we flushed before the blossom blood, all of the runoff and soil PH was checked and was perfect so I don't think that was it. We're super careful with PH. This plant that I took a pic of, I just touched a leaf and a piece broke off. This is so devastating. I'm going to go pick up some revive and see if that can save any. Will a problem like this badly affect the yield?

Are you sure it was Blossom Blood?
This item looks like it is for pH control.

rambridge.com/products/garden/blossom/blossom.aspx said:
BLOSSOM BLOOD

Selective pH Control Water Treatment

The addition of Blossom Blood to a nutrient reservoir during the flowering stage of a plant will promote fuller buds and flowers utilizing selective pH control.

Developed for stabilization and floral production in hydroponic applications, Blossom Blood may also be used in soilless growing mediums. Blossom Blood is a specific type of pH buffer salt and is compatible with all quality nutrients.

What leaves were softening last night, are back to dry and crunchy. Should I try revive?
this throws me off.. and the look.. looks like condition caused, more than bad food/ph/or something.
it was getting better, then overnight got worse again?.. what changes overnight?
do they get fresh air still?
do you run co2?
are your lights on daytime or nighttime?

common sense says it's likely from the blossom bud if it went tits up right after.. but i dunno.
looks like you took all the moisture from em somehow.
sorry not much help, an odd case this is

Our lights are on at night time, 7pm-7am right now, so I'm wondering if they got bad again because of light/heat last night. The fan is fixed now though so it didn't over heat again. We were recommended the blossom blood to help produce bigger buds, and were told to use it once the buds were well established (3ish weeks into budding). We don't run co2. We watered with our week 8 nutrients yesterday before the lights turned on and that's when they started to soften and come back a little. I'm assuming it's heat burn because there's a few plants that were under the working fan when the other turned off, and they're doing good. They were also given blossom blood.

That very much looks like "hot and dry". When you went into the grow room in the morning before the lights went off, what was the temperature? and do you know what the humidity is/was? I suspect that a combination of heat and dry air did this. You say you have 2 vortex fans, are they exausting the heat out of the space or just used to blow air around room? If they are exausting, do you have any oscillating fans to move the air around the plants? You have 6 1000wHPS, they put out quite a bit of heat. Are they in hoods or tubes connected to the vertex fans?

My husband didn't check the temp! Just panicked. We have always had an issue keeping humidity up, it's about 50%. We've been doing this a year and have never had this happen before. The last two yield were unimpressive but we sorted everything out this time and they were doing awesome. I can't believe this happened so quickly. The vortex fans are pushing the heat out of the room and we have oscillating fans in there to move the air around. We just put revive in/on them and checked the runoff. The PH was 6.0 so that's good but the PPM was at 1600! Alot of the fan leaves that have come back are yellow so I think chemical burn (especially with the amount of nutrients). And no, our lights are not enclosed. About 13-15 look not awful, but not amazing like before. Losing 23 would be horrific. I am REALLY praying this revive stuff works on them. At this rate with my anxiety level over this, I'm going to need the biggest yield I can get...

What media are you using to grow in?

Soil pH 6.5

Hydro pH 5.8

We use soil. By PH, I meant the run off (water) was 6.0

bc0430 said:
We use soil. By PH, I meant the run off (water) was 6.0

I don't pay much mind to run off...I don't even check it. Are you ph'ing the water and nutrients you are giving to your plants? For soil the ph has to be in a range of 6.3-6.8. I ph everything to 6.5. If you don't ph and you are not growing Organic you are asking for problems. If you need a ph meter I use Eseasongear.com. Good prices, good service.

ok......why did you flush?

looks like overwatering and hot/dry....

dont water again till the containers dry out. we need more pics of the yellowing to assess if its overfeeding too...

the ph needs to come up too...

and imo if you didnt add dolomite lime to the soil you need to top dress and water in the next time you do. that will keep the ph around the zone.

Awesome, thanks! We ph the nutrients and water, and always have it between 6.0-6.3 but were just told to do closer to 6.3-6.5. I ran revive through them last night and also used it as a foliage spray. There are a few plants that look fantastic and a lot that look awful. I have been trying to do as much research as I can to see if they can be saved and I'm not really getting any answers. Some say give them a week and they'll be good, just harvest a week or 2 later than schedule, some say they won't make it. A lot have really crunchy leaves on the top that break if you touch them, on those plants the buds seem crunchy, but the lower leaves are looking a lot better and are fanned out again. Is there a point to keep going with these? Or once they're crunchy will the buds still grow? According to our schedule, they have another 4-5 weeks left.

bc0430 said:
My husband didn't check the temp! Just panicked. We have always had an issue keeping humidity up, it's about 50%. We've been doing this a year and have never had this happen before. The last two yield were unimpressive but we sorted everything out this time and they were doing awesome. I can't believe this happened so quickly. The vortex fans are pushing the heat out of the room and we have oscillating fans in there to move the air around. We just put revive in/on them and checked the runoff. The PH was 6.0 so that's good but the PPM was at 1600! Alot of the fan leaves that have come back are yellow so I think chemical burn (especially with the amount of nutrients). And no, our lights are not enclosed. About 13-15 look not awful, but not amazing like before. Losing 23 would be horrific. I am REALLY praying this revive stuff works on them. At this rate with my anxiety level over this, I'm going to need the biggest yield I can get...
Your humidity being at 50% is OK, you want to "ideally" keep it around 45-60%. Having the lights uncovered in a grow space will generate a lot of heat(especially 6 1Khps lights) that is tricky to remove from a space. Given that you had one fan to fail overnight could have lent itself to your problem.

If you are in organic then PPM is irrelevent as it cannot be accurately measured. But it does sound like you may have overfed them. I am not sure why you flushed them. In organic growing, you shouldn't need to flush your plants unless you have somehow overdosed them on nutrients or gave them chemical nutrients.

I would highly recommend that you get either cooltubes or large vented, enclosed hoods for them bulbs so that you can more easily remove the heat that they generate. I would daisy chain no more than 3 1K lights together to one exaust fan then connect the other 3 lights to the other exaust fan, and allow them to pull air from the room through the lights and draw fresh air in passively.

Its nearly impossible to say for sure which ones will survive and which ones will die. It is most certainly a waiting game now. Your yield will definitely suffer from this and it will push back the harvest date. You can basically take the length of time starting with seeing the first day of damage until they start back growing either bud or new leaf sets, and add that to the end of the grow. So if it takes a week for it to recover then you will have to add a week to the harvest date. But even then the yield will suffer and there's no way to know how much.

If this had happened during veg then it wouldn't have affected the yield as you would be able to veg it longer and get the plant back to where it should be. But once it has started blooming, the stage is set so to speak and any damage then will remove that much growth. It doesn't mean that the harvest will be wiped out, just that it will lose some according to the level of damage.

I wouldn't toss any of them out at this point as they are already there in flowering. You just have to wait and see, and don't get impatient and start trying different things to enhance the outcome as that will only make it worse more often than not. Once you know that you have a plant that is going to die way back and not have hardly any buds then you can pull those.

I hope this helps you :)

Latest posts

Back