Please help me

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi there bc0430 .
I rotated her for you .
Its good to see you have resolved the problem ...;)

Bc's Plant (475x640).jpg

geeze guys (and girls), these plants are killing me. Quite a few were doing a lot better, some not as great but decent, but there's some things happening now suddenly. After doing a TON of reading and searching, I am like 99.9% positive that our problem has been Nitrogen toxicity all along. Exactly what I'm reading on it sounds like whats happened. Unable to soak up water which makes for extremely dry conditions, looks like a drought, the damage starting halfway up the plant to the top etc. Now, we're getting the claw leaves with yellowing/brown on the tips.
I can find so much information on what it is, and a lot on what to do with a N deficiency, but nothing on how I can fix toxicity. The interesting thing is that they haven't gotten nutrients in a while. They've been flushed, given blossom blood, given revive and then flushed one last time (We were told root burn from nutes, so to get them flushed before adding nutes again- PPM was at around 1500!). We were planning on starting up nutes again tonight. Has anyone dealt with this before? I can't believe I didn't even think of this. I was looking at our babies last night and was like oh wow, some of those leaves are DARK green... isn't that nitrogen? *light comes on* ooomg nitrogen... Anyways, I feel pretty delusional at this point that I'm still hoping that I'll actually get a yield off these things with all these ups and downs, this has been such a disaster in the last two weeks? The plant and bud size was amazing for where they're at, think I can fix this and continue successfully?

I don't believe your initial problem was nitrogen toxicity. One of the biggest problems I see is that you panicked and tried too many things at once and now have them in a tail spin. The Bud Blood first and then the Revive is probably to blame for the apparent nute burn that you are seeing now. You had too high nutrient ppm to begin with when you applied the Bud Blood and that began the problems. Then the heat issue just magnified the problem. by flushing them, you corrected the problem but then recreated a new problem with the Revive. If you have flushed out everything again and then allowed them to rest for a few days, then you can start back with regular nutes at about 700-800ppm but no higher for about a week and see how they do. They are probably going to get a little worse before thay get better. After 7-10 days you can increase the nutes to about 1000ppm. If they continue to do better, you can increase the nutes to about 12-1300ppm but I wouldn't go any higher.

Having this major hickup will certainly affect the yield but to how much is anyone's guess. The big thing you are going to have to watch out for now is "stress herming". Examine the buds every day until harvest for little tiny yellow bananna looking things growing out of the buds. They are only a few millimeters long but the bright yellow stands out pretty good in the buds. If you start seeing them pop out, you can snip them out but if you start seeing a bunch then its time to chop as they will wreck the harvest.

The most important thing is be patient and don't panick :)

Yup, inexperience is definitely showing in the problem solving stage, thank you so much for your input!

It actually gets easier with time and experience. Most of us have had our crash and burn moments. I just made a mistake yesterday by pouring half of a gallon of bloom nutrients into my veg hydro tank when it should have only been 20ml. My ppm went from 750ppm to 1900ppm. Not to mention I wasted $20 worth of important nutes. :doh:

hushpuppy is right IMO. whenever I have had significant damage to my plants it is better to be patient during recovery and not overwhelm them with too much care. keep in mind that these are weeds and in nature no one would be there to help them along. I know it sucks but you wilol lose some weight, how much is dependant on how much sufferage. when the plants are crunchy they have lost all water in them which tells me its not taking it up or its too hot and water is evaporating too fast either way. monitor your ph and use just ph'ed water until things start to return to normal. I recently sprayed a new seedling motherplant that was 3 weeks old with some organic insecticide that contained different oils in ti ie clove rosemary peppermint and thyme, and it burnt the hell out of it. i just left it alone and used just water for the next two weeks and much to my amazement they look beautiful again, tons of new growth. these things are hardy and will bounce back if not over nurtured. JMO

Latest posts

Back