Spider Mites

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monkerz

Reaction score
I am flowering with spider mites. What can I spray on them to try to lower the amount of mites on the plants?

Can I use just soap and water?

there are many weapons..i just used DR DOOM in my shed..if they are not bad use neem oil soap and water. How bad are they? and how many plants? what is the temps? but most in portant is the Humiddity? I sometimes use a hummidifier to raise it..Mites dont like it..doesnt kill em just slows them down..I grow in a shed out back and so I am aware I will battle bugs and do an okay job..but sometimes I pull them if they look to be getting bad..good luck 2U..:bolt::bong:

Man, dont use soap and water. Go to your local hydro shop and grab some Neem oil, Einstein Oil, Or any organic fungicide with CHrystanthium(sp).

Soapy water, iso/water mix, or a pyrithrum based insecticide/miticide are all options in 'controling' an infestation.. BUT, IMHO/E, it will require much more drastic actions in order to rid your grow of the borg.
Avid, or some of the foggers(Dr. Doom, ect.) have good results. Then an entire sterilization of the room, fixtures, fans, EVERYTHING... before starting up again.
Just typr "spider mites" into the search feature here. You wil have plenty of reading and plenty of quality info' and reviews on what does and doesn't work.. ;)

Hey does anyone have any pictures of spidermites? I have never seen them..and i wan2 know what i should look out for?

_Sir Smokes Alot_ said:
Hey does anyone have any pictures of spidermites? I have never seen them..and i wan2 know what i should look out for?

They are very, very small. You almost need a magnifying glass to see them. Generally the first indication you have mites is little white places on your leaves where they have sucked the "juices" out. They are usually found on the underside of the leaves. In addition to higher humidity, cooler temps also slow down their reproductive cycle.

Sometimes a little spidermite Family will set up can one one of my leaves, I wipe em off with a neem mix in a sponge, which gets all the eggs as well as the mites. Its a bit tedious but well worth it I think. Dr Doom is great too...

neem oil with a drop (spreadder)of cascade.do this every 4 dayz and there gone in 2 weeks.the neem oil scrambles there mind,flyng insects forget how(spray on some nats and check it out),insects forget how to mate/eat/drink,eggs normally don't hatch.I've seen plants webed out(entire buds covered),seperated,treated and still produce some kick azz smoke.

I hate spiders...haha where i live our wood pile can have hand size ones crawling on your arms while your bringing the wood in! It is sooooooooooooo scary. Especially wen i'm ripped haha

i just bought some insectasidal soap from homedepot thats safe to use on fruit and veggies up to and on the day of harvest. it says it kills on contact but is non harmful to us. it cost under 6 $ so its worth a try. i'll let you know how it works

INTHEDES said:
neem oil with a drop (spreadder)of cascade.do this every 4 dayz and there gone in 2 weeks.the neem oil scrambles there mind,flyng insects forget how(spray on some nats and check it out),insects forget how to mate/eat/drink,eggs normally don't hatch.I've seen plants webed out(entire buds covered),seperated,treated and still produce some kick azz smoke.

I recommend changing the treatment you are using every other time or so--they develop resistence to treatment fairly fast--for example use neem oil for a couple of treatments, safer's soap for the next, iso and water for the next...

I think your best route is fogging as spraying buds isnt best practice.

Neem will impart a taste,its good stuff but is a bit gacky just like insecticidal soap which is for smooth plant surfaces that can be washed,unlike pot.

Chems which kill them can also damage your pistils and if the pistils from spraying die,the calyxes suffer and seem to produce less resin,maybe because its not viable anymore,dunno?

Also with spraying/wetting its a potential mold problem if not done correctly.

The only cannabis friendly in flower spray I know is SP Plant Invigorator and I don't know if you can get that in America as I'm a Brit in the UK.

Hope this helps.

Oh and forget about beneficial bugs to control them,they are ok in a veg room but on 12/12 they don't do the job,not Phyto. Pers. anyway.

same old question.. same old answers.. and EVERYBODY has the answer till your leaves curl up and then the "pros" are M.I.A. goodluck.

I rotated Doktor Doom and insecticidal soap, and anti bacterial soap and they still LIVE!

i hit mine with the insecticidal soap and haven't seen another one yet.

i could be wrong rockster but doesn't the fog settle on the leaves and buds just as a spray would. you know like fogging up a window. think about it and get back to me. i'd like to understand this better

How long can Mites survive without food??
I had my grow room empty for about three weeks....
Would that be enough to kill the mites left in it from my last grow??
I Didn't sterilize fans and lights.... :hubba:

nikimadritista said:
How long can Mites survive without food??
I had my grow room empty for about three weeks....
Would that be enough to kill the mites left in it from my last grow??
I Didn't sterilize fans and lights.... :hubba:
three weks ain't even close... and the eggs are still around. If you had 'em before, I'll bet a dolllar to a donut, you have 'em again without a thorough disinfecting of 'everything'...

Latest posts

Back