Spider Mites

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a bad round round with mites too, i let my room sit for 2 weeks in the dark before starting up again. I vaccumed and sprayed bleach water on the walls. They were gone when I started back up. Their life cycle from egg to mature is only like 3 or 4 days. They cant live with out water either, I think they are like 80% water. So after 3 weeks there shouldnt be anything left.

mendo local said:
I had a bad round round with mites too, i let my room sit for 2 weeks in the dark before starting up again. I vaccumed and sprayed bleach water on the walls. They were gone when I started back up. Their life cycle from egg to mature is only like 3 or 4 days. They cant live with out water either, I think they are like 80% water. So after 3 weeks there shouldnt be anything left.

The bleaching was probably the effective portion of your treatment that eliminated them..IMO
I can garauntee you, without cleaning and/or treating the room, they will be back in your very next grow. The eggs will lie dormant until conditions improve, are favorable for their hatching, survival and your infestation will make itself known again.

as anyone tried predator mites to get rid if the spider mites?

Avid, Safer's soap, Dr. Doom Fogger and Prythrium sprays in rotation. I am just getting a grip on the little buggers. I should have them gone this flower. I couldn't use the Avid last time because they were in flower but it kills them dead, and remains in the plant tissue so new hatches drink the poison and die as well. My understanding is that new growth needs to be treated as it does not contain the Avid. You can use it in veg but not flower.

Sorry man but you are screwed. I just got through with a mite problem and I came to the conclusion that they are almost impossible to get rid of. Just except the fact they are there and do any non toxic remedy you hear of.

I used an organic PCO fogger from my hydro shop, it only costs 10 bucks and it does the job, try putting like 2 inches of perlite on the top of the soil to help stop future pest problems, but the fogger should do the job it killed everything in my tent, its well worth it and does not harm the plants at all

whiterussian said:
I used an organic PCO fogger from my hydro shop, it only costs 10 bucks and it does the job, try putting like 2 inches of perlite on the top of the soil to help stop future pest problems, but the fogger should do the job it killed everything in my tent, its well worth it and does not harm the plants at all

"perlite" is useless as a prevention device OR for eradication of "mites". I have never used the fogger that you used, but IME, no "single" treatment of anything, has ever eliminated a mite infestation entirely. IME, it has always taken multiple treatments over a 1-2 week period, "at least".

Hick said:
"perlite" is useless as a prevention device OR for eradication of "mites". I have never used the fogger that you used, but IME, no "single" treatment of anything, has ever eliminated a mite infestation entirely. IME, it has always taken multiple treatments over a 1-2 week period, "at least".
Oh im so sorry "HICK" maybe scratch that use sand on top of the soil, and yes an Organic PCO Fogger will stop the problem what it does is kill every bug the fogger hits and when you hot box your grow area with a PCO fogger everything is killed except the larvae, so if you killed all the matures and pack "sand" on the top of the soil it should stop his problem because i know the fogger works because ive had both insect problems and it killed both so yes theres such thing as "1 Treatment" cures

Whiterussian, I think u are confused on how spidermites live and thrive man. They are not in your soil, or whatever medium u are usuing.

MAYBE if you had one plant, a one shot treatment would work, but I still don't think so, not with a spidermite infestation.

If there was a one shot spidermite fogger that actually worked and got rid of all mites for the entire grow, they would overtake EXXON in record profits, that is for sure.

A few folks have allready stated what needs to be done. In one word...Dilligance. Multiple treatments, only a few days apart, and a few different "brands" of spidermite control is the only thing that will work, imo.

slowmo77 said:
i hit mine with the insecticidal soap and haven't seen another one yet.

i could be wrong rockster but doesn't the fog settle on the leaves and buds just as a spray would. you know like fogging up a window. think about it and get back to me. i'd like to understand this better

The one I use sprays from a container and evenly disperses about the room and leaves no visible trace.,breaks down in light,has to as its used for treating domestic pet areas in homes and they don't even have extraction?

Just need to repeat a few times as it doesnt get the eggs.

sounds good to me rockster. what was it clled again and where can it be found?

NorCalHal said:
Whiterussian, I think u are confused on how spidermites live and thrive man. They are not in your soil, or whatever medium u are usuing.

MAYBE if you had one plant, a one shot treatment would work, but I still don't think so, not with a spidermite infestation.

If there was a one shot spidermite fogger that actually worked and got rid of all mites for the entire grow, they would overtake EXXON in record profits, that is for sure.

A few folks have allready stated what needs to be done. In one word...Dilligance. Multiple treatments, only a few days apart, and a few different "brands" of spidermite control is the only thing that will work, imo.
No man i know what spidermites are and the reason i said perlite was to help "FUTURE" pest problems like fungas gnats ect, all i know is that i stand by that PCO fogger it does work it kills most pests within a 1000 feet, and if your just using it in a single grow area??? come on man it kills the pests ive seen it first hand, im not trying to mislead anyone here, just passing on what has worked for me in the past.

Latest posts

Back