Spiral mercury bulbs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vicious_13

Reaction score
ive been growing inside for about 4 years but an unrelated fire destroyed everything now due to space & finances i have to grow outside

im planning to grow outside for the 1st time and i was wondering if those spiral mercury light bulb things will work for vegetative growth until their ready to be moved outside? (ive always used HPS lighting for vegetation and flowering)

Duders go cfl or t-5's or both fer your veg needs! Just my opinion!

yes those spirals are compact florescent and they do contain mercury.
I use them for my mothers and cloning. I use T5's for veg. Use at least the 32watt ones.

listen to the chef.. i too have used cfl's and they are great for vegging.. jus peek at his grows and his work jus shows for itself.. and t-5's are awesome aswell and keep internodal growth tight.. hemp goddess and legalize freedom can both tell u their great successes with them

Yea man can't go wrong with cfl's or T-5's. I got to agree with what flaboy88 said though, the chef grows some dank buds under them cfl's just look at his pics.

Either way their both awesome for vegging it's more of a personal preference when it comes down to it.

When you compare lumens per watt, the T5s win hands down. A 32W CFL puts out about 2400 lumens or 75 lumens per watt. A 54W T5 puts out 5000 lumens or 92.6 lumens per watt

Yeah, yeah, yeah, Goddess.....but does your t-5's come in a perrty spiral twist!!! Yeah..Uh-huh!:eek: :D

The Chef,

Not to the best of my knowledge, BUT T-5s come in a really cool folded configuration. I think they are called PL-55s or something like that. It lets them put out twice the lumens in the same area.

Spirals! I like spirals! Kinda like a crazy straw!

Latest posts

Back