Advertise On Marijuana Passion

spraying during veg

shimmz22

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 3, 2011
Messages
60
Reaction score
1
hey all, im currently in veg stage of my grow right now. I was wondering if its truly beneficial to spray your fan leaves during veg? Does it make a big difference if you dont? Any advantages of doing it? Any input would be highly appreciated and +REPS.
 

SensiStarFan

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2011
Messages
946
Reaction score
61
The only times I ever spray anything on my plants are when I mist clones under a humidity dome, and when I am spraying my plants with a solution to try and eliminate pests such as mites. I have never seen a reason for spraying plants in veg or as seedlings. I know spraying in flower would be a big no-no because you can encourage bud rot.

-SSF-
 

4u2sm0ke

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
17,336
Reaction score
13,503
I sprey mine in Veg all the time..it aids in the Humidity and the plants seem to like it
 

niteshft

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2011
Messages
702
Reaction score
33
4u2sm0ke said:
I sprey mine in Veg all the time..it aids in the Humidity and the plants seem to like it
:yeahthat: It's especially helpfull when you can't control the humidity during really dry times and is recommended for regular house plants. You should always keep water away from flowers.
 

Hamster Lewis

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2009
Messages
16,529
Reaction score
3,731
This is one of those topics that can get heated..lol Below the trimming fan leaves question lol.

I have sprayed my fair share of plants in veg but never saw anything beneficial so no longer do it. I wld avoid spraying in flower though. jmo
 

OGKushman

Needs More Cowbell
Joined
Jul 19, 2009
Messages
2,248
Reaction score
402
i agree with hammy. while i "may" have seen minor improvements, i also obtained Powdery Mildew...:mad:

i no longer spray, i no longer have mildew. Now i also use other preventative steps; but i also believe the risk is not worth the benefits.
 

Irish

Plant Whisperer...
Joined
Feb 22, 2010
Messages
1,467
Reaction score
223
i never spray the fire, i fan the flame!:hubba: :cool: ...
 

maineharvest

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 11, 2007
Messages
2,503
Reaction score
721
I just gave my plants a spray today. I usually spray once every couple weeks and only during veg. It helps clean out clogged stomata. I have animals and my place can get dusty and dirty so I like to spray. I have no idea how much good it actually helps but it makes me feel better when I baby my plants. I spray tops and bottoms of the leaves.
 

smokingjoe

What was I saying?
Joined
Nov 6, 2008
Messages
742
Reaction score
429
A lot will depend on your ability to control the environment. Foliar feeding can produce some decent growth benefits, but can also encourage pests and parasites.
 

Gixxerman420

Broke-n-Tokin Tent Bonger
Joined
Feb 6, 2011
Messages
702
Reaction score
25
I never mist after seedlings or rooted clones... But it stays fairly humid where I am too so... If it's arid where you are spraying would be beneficial...
 

docfishwrinkle

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2008
Messages
1,674
Reaction score
976
foliar is a great way to correct def's quickly while correcting the prob in the soil. humic acids & algae are great to slam micros into them girls quick. 95% nute uptake through the leaves vs. 5% through the roots. much quicker response then waiting for roots. diamond nectar & calmag+ is also another good one
 

Hamster Lewis

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2009
Messages
16,529
Reaction score
3,731
docfishwrinkle said:
foliar is a great way to correct def's quickly while correcting the prob in the soil. humic acids & algae are great to slam micros into them girls quick. 95% nute uptake through the leaves vs. 5% through the roots. much quicker response then waiting for roots. diamond nectar & calmag+ is also another good one

Solid point and a good post doc....
 

Latest posts

Top