sprout slow growth..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stoner 420

Reaction score
i been trying to get a new grow going and i have germed 8 or 9 seeds all popped and sprouted and then the either die or just stop growing altogether... i have had one sprouted above ground for a week and a half and all i have is just the first set of jagged leaves and very small new growth ... what i am useing.. box: 31'' x 18'' x 46'' w x l x h... use wal-mart potting soil and all purpose mg but have not started nutes yet.. water with tap water.. don't have a ph meter thats why i grow soil cause i don't have the funds for hydro... temps 80 with light on .. 24hr light .. pls help i can't figure this out.... thanks in advance will add pics later.. if needed

it's the soil probably. MG did the same thing to mine. I use Fox Farms now, and it's not too $$$--- maybe twice what MG is

Also, let your tap water sit out for a day before using it so it can de-clorinate by evaporation. Those are both cheap solutions!

Good Luck, and green vibes :joint4:

thanks GM but i mistyped i guess cause i don't use MG soil just the ferts.. the soil is the 2 dollar non-perfertilized soil.. u may be right about the tap water thing so i will try that and see if it changes... thanks for the advice.... i don't have a hydro store anywhere close so i have to get at wal-mart or lowes.. if anyone has a good flower nute they get at wally world or lowes... i can't order online cause i have no bank card or cc.. pls pls pls pls help me

just thought since i was not getting any replys i would post some pics of the two plants i do have that has not died on me.. this is really agrovating cause i usually don't have any problems. i just finished my 5th grow first in the new place so i don't think it is the tap water i have done the same thing with these i did with the last.. i just can't figure it out.. i have never checked ph cause i can't find a soil ph meter or tester locally and don't ahve a hydro shop or online ordering option.. so not sure that is the problem either.. do u think it is the way i am germentating.. i do it in a tuberware bowl instead of a zip lock bag .. pls i need some help from u exp. soil growers i know you are here... btw what happened to stoney bud don't here much from him anymore.. thanks

ps. not all the cups in the box have plants in them just the two in the pics and two more beside of them that i just put germentated seeds in to try one more time... blue cup has water in it for humidity and water as needed..temps are normal

my favorite x-mas tree 087.jpg

my favorite x-mas tree 088.jpg

my favorite x-mas tree 091.jpg

my favorite x-mas tree 090.jpg

my favorite x-mas tree 089.jpg

stoner 420 said:
just thought since i was not getting any replys

You have to remember lots and lots of posts are posted after yours and its very easy for post to get buried before people get chance to look at them :)

Simply :bump: yours up again ;)

Hello Stoner :)

Is this the same soil you used before?
Same lights?
Same grow box?
How old are your seedlings as from today?
You say you just finished grow 5 in the new place, what does this mean?

Stoney changed names, the name is now potus

hey stoner have you been using cfl lights thru all the other grows? wouldent hurt to up garde to a 150 watt hps

bye the way i got the same fans from wal mart they work good in my grow

i had that problem once i think it is all that perlite you have on top of your soil.. that stuff has alot of aluminum and othe menerals in it... every time you water from the top you are soaking your plants with the run off from it..... just my thoughts..

thanks everyone. yes it is the same setup i have used on my last grow. did fine with it all . sorry what i meant is i have successfully finished 5 grows one of them being in the new apartment. the tallest it about 25 days old ( yeah i know ***) and the little one is about 12 days. the other two in the cups i put in yesterday .. i have been useing cfls for all my grows and have averaged about 1 oz per plant. yeah risktaker they are pretty good i increased the pitch of the blades and it pushs alot more air now. thanks Gettinggrey i did not think of that i was just trying to keep the gnats out for the moisture. i would love to upgrade to an hps light but unfortunatly i am low on funds and can't find one locally.. i don't like ordering online . i am going to try to order some seeds in the near future.. hopes this helps explain more so someone can help me.. do u think it is due to overwatering.. i think i over watered the tall one but even now the new growth is brownish.. i don't like to give up but i am about to say the hell with it.. pls help save me... thanks to everyone and their input pls continue to help me figure this out.......

ps. i have not started nutes yet due to not knowing what is causeing it... also i can not get my temps down to 80 no way in hell . the room it is in is 74 but the box is 85 to 89 all the time.. someone help pls pls pls pls pls pls.........................

What kind's of seed's are u using?

looks like nute burn but if you haven't fed them i don't know either.. are you reusing soil or is this fresh soil?

what kind of seeds are u useing: i am useing bagseed for some primo in my area. i know the first few i messed up was cause of the bottle i stored them in but i tried some others not in the bottle... ( are u reuseing soil ) no i am useing fresh soil everytime.. i know i am getting frustrated.. how long should it take for the seed to show themselves after putting them in soil after germenation.. how big should they be in 12 days from germenated seed planted... useing cfls.. 6 23 watt \ 4 cool white and 2 soft white.. this should be plenty to start a few sprouts.... thanks for input guys pls keep them coming...

ok i will keep posting and see what happens. the seeds i put in there the other day have all died. i had one pop above the soil and was real green while it was under the seran wrap. then i took it off last night and came home today to find it wilting up and dieing i just do not understand i have never had this problem i have always had 100% success with germenation and sprouting. i caught some rain water yesterday and will try that on the other two i have .. this is really pissing me off i am about to quit and i don't wanna but i am just wasteing seeds.... pls help me

Try some quality seed's maybe buy some off the net and try a different soil ??? i really dont know what to suggest i wud be frustrated too :-(

stoner 420 said:
thanks GM but i mistyped i guess cause i don't use MG soil just the ferts.. the soil is the 2 dollar non-perfertilized soil.. u may be right about the tap water thing so i will try that and see if it changes... thanks for the advice.... i don't have a hydro store anywhere close so i have to get at wal-mart or lowes.. if anyone has a good flower nute they get at wally world or lowes... i can't order online cause i have no bank card or cc.. pls pls pls pls help me
it's the soil..no doubt about it/...nothing wrong with MG(to all the folks who knock it)I use MG....and my plants grew faster than anything i've ever seen...go get some MG 3 month feed and mix 2 bags of MG to 1 bag of regular potting soil(un-nuted) and flush thoroughly and allow a day or two to drain before planting....that'll do it...look at my journal....BIG PLANTS..how much light you got ???

thanks puff . i was thinking the same thing last night i have used this non-nute soil before but i think there is something wrong with it this time.. it was only 2 bucks for 30lb bag so not real reliable.. i will get some feed for 3mths MG soil .. and try that. do i need to put perilite in it or not.. i am going to try to order some seeds but money is tight and i need to get something going now so i have something to smoke while i wait for seeds.. i will chang the soil and start one more round of seeds and if that does not work i am done with it for a while.. thanks to everyone that has helped and pls if u have more info it is always welcome and i will post the next attempt... thanks guys and gals

i tried to use some crap soil from big lots one time...every seed i planted sprouted,...but tha was it. lots of sprouts ,...no plants though....look for really small worms in your soil...i find that lots of cheap soil is infested with something..

i put a butt load of extra perlite in my soil mix to aid drainage...make sure you mix the MG and un-nuted soils in the ratio of 2-1 (MG-un-nute)and dont over water...you'll be fine :D

i dont think heat is that big a factor. im in texas and the 3 plants i just harvested i brought in every night (deer problems) were in 90-100 degree temps all summer long even at night in the room i kept them in. i did have to water them twice a day when they were outside though. how far away are your lights from the plants? in your pics the cfls look like they are kinda far away.

stoner 420 said:

You can get a prepaid credit card to use for online purchases. They do work most of the time.

thanks every one the lights were just lifted for pics they are usually about 4 to 5 inches because of heat issues at plant level.. i could not get any growth so i just shut everything down for a while till i can get some better soil .. the cheap soil i got i think was just a bad batch cause i have used the same soil for every grow .. i might try to just get another bag and try it.. this is the only un-nuted soil they sell at my wally world and i don't have the time to go 1.5 hours away for a 30 dollar bag of fox farms .. i hope to grow again soon.. thanks everone;.....

Latest posts

Back