Sprouting seeds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

German Gigalo

Reaction score
Sup everybody,
I have six ladies that are coming up to their sixth week in flower and I noticed that my buds are starting to produce seeds. Should I harvest now to avoid overly seedy weed?

That is a very tough decision. I ran into a similar issue 2 weeks before harvest. I was touching one of my flowers and then poof! A stray male sac exploded. Being so near to harvest, I chopped them later that day rather than having a hand full of hermi seeds and nasty tasting bud.

ya im pretty fired up about this. crazy thing is that none of the 6 plants are clones, all are full blown ladies, all are sprouting seeds here and there (mainly in lower darker region of plants) and none are showing male flowers. I did add a single CFL about 2 wks ago in the shaded lower area, maybe thats the cause?? U said nasty tasting bud? was this because you didnt flush the nutes?

If you plants become engorged with seeds, your buds will taste like seed as well... At least that's the story around the campfire. ;)

German Gigalo said:
ya im pretty fired up about this. crazy thing is that none of the 6 plants are clones, all are full blown ladies, all are sprouting seeds here and there (mainly in lower darker region of plants) and none are showing male flowers. I did add a single CFL about 2 wks ago in the shaded lower area, maybe thats the cause?? U said nasty tasting bud? was this because you didnt flush the nutes?

Must of had a male flower on then at somtime, since its a hermi trate plant I would finish this one off then get a new strain, dont use any of the hermi seeds or your going to have this problem again.

The only other thing it could be is if you had a male or hermi before and did not get all the pollen cleaned up.

Also if the plant becomes over seeded you will lose potency as well as taste awfull.

Latest posts

Back