Start up list DWC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captain1

Reaction score
can someone give me a straight answer to start up DWC that has worked for them. I need everything to try and figure out where im failing. I have some clones that should be rooted in the next week and would like to have a basic start. I want to chart the whole process
Room temp, PH, PPM- 1st week to flower ect..

Also any extra chemicals you might use. Zone, silica ect.. this would be huge for me.

captain1 said:
can someone give me a straight answer to start up DWC that has worked for them. I need everything to try and figure out where im failing. I have some clones that should be rooted in the next week and would like to have a basic start. I want to chart the whole process
Room temp, PH, PPM- 1st week to flower ect..

Why don't you tell us about your grow and we can try and figure out what went wrong. Every grow is so individualized that it would be impossible to expect to copy someone else and end up with the same results.

OK ill go again its multiple strains not by choice. Church, lemon skunk diesel, Frosty, white shark. Cloned and will have long enough roots by next week they are about 3 inches long right now.
What I have :
1. Buckets that no light can get through 6 inch lids with nets
2. AP 100 pondmaster
3. 4' 8 bulb T5
4. 1000w MH 6 inch vented outside
5. 1000w hps 6inch vented outside
6. 400 cfm fresh 600cfm out
7. 2 wall mount 18 inch fans
8. Temp in room 70-75 max
9. RH 35-40
10. Nutrients dutchmaster Gold A & B
11. DM silica
12. DM Zone

Im not trying to copy anyone just see where I could have possibly made a mistake.

Current plants are smoked and junk trying to get a reference for next try.

13. Water temp 70-73
What I would like to know is What ppm you start at like:
1st week 200ppm ?
2nd week 500ppm?
ect.......
Anything I might be missing.....

Or you can reference My last post DWC help.

Do you hve a pen or meter to keep up with the ph or are you using those crappy strips? Also...do you monitor your ppm? It's important in a hydro grow...

Hanna digital PH calibrated daily PPM digital calibrated also. Im not super new at this its something many good growers in my area cannot figure out either. I guess I need some out of the box thinking but also going over the basics is good to make sure.

As far as pics My other post DWC HELP had them but they are gone now. Threw them out because the new clones will out run them. They were real bad.

My "Baby sitter" has the same set up, strains , chem, lights ect.. And his are huge in weeks.
So im starting over the last run was way to far for my timeline.

captain1 said:
Hanna digital PH calibrated daily PPM digital calibrated also. Im not super new at this its something many good growers in my area cannot figure out either. I guess I need some out of the box thinking but also going over the basics is good to make sure.

As far as pics My other post DWC HELP had them but they are gone now. Threw them out because the new clones will out run them. They were real bad.

My "Baby sitter" has the same set up, strains , chem, lights ect.. And his are huge in weeks.
So im starting over the last run was way to far for my timeline.

LOL...I didn't mean to imply you were super new...:)Just going over some of the more important things for hydro...I was using those god awful ph strips back when I first started and ph issues seemed to rear their ugly head constantly...when I got my pen all that was a thing of the past...

HAHA thats cool im just so frustrated. And I have spent alot that is lost. So im just trying to get a good start for next week. Cleaning buckets and hydroton as we speak. Im going to try and be perfect and not cut any corners so all thoughts are welcome Thanks HAmster

aarrrrr black thumb, i mean capt. sounds like some nasty bacteria in water maybe. any funky smells(sulfur)? from what you posted sounds like should be thriving. looks like youre doing the right thing by sanitizing all your equipement. GL to ya i feel ur pain as i too have scrapped 8 citral seedlings as i still dont know what happend. think i linked it back to a new black 5g bucket ive been aerating ro water in for sprouts. ditched the bucket & now my 6 new sprouts havent popped their heads yet but have thrown taps outta bottom of rapid rooters. go figure prolly some crap chemical from some crap china company making these buckets. oh boy i gotta go. getting myself all worked up now. wanna hit my easy button & make china go away. aaaahhhh where did i put that joint?

Thanks Doc Its scrapped. All new and clean started a grow journal so maybe we can all see whats going on. 16 babies almost ready for the big boy room.

Latest posts

Back