Started the garden.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackson1

Reaction score
3 kinds of lettuce, spinach, sugar snap peas, green and red seedless grapes, blue berry's and raspberries so far.

Tomatoes, beef steak and sweetie, cucumber, 2 kinds of squash, carrots, sweet corn and green beans. I need to find potatoes and a few other things i want to try.

All in raised beds besides the grapes and berries are in large post. I'm Stoked......

Happy gardening.

I've got beefsteak toms, roma toms, multiple colors of bell peppers, jalapenos, anahiem chilis, sweet banana, and poblano peppers that have just broke the soil within the last couple days. I also grow as perrenials, green grapes, everbearing strawberries, and rhubarb. I also grow alot of culinary herbs. I don't know one mj grower that dose'nt also grow eddible and/or ornamental plants.

jackson1 said:
3 kinds of lettuce, spinach, sugar snap peas, green and red seedless grapes, blue berry's and raspberries so far.

Tomatoes, beef steak and sweetie, cucumber, 2 kinds of squash, carrots, sweet corn and green beans. I need to find potatoes and a few other things i want to try.

All in raised beds besides the grapes and berries are in large post. I'm Stoked......

Happy gardening.

I can't recommend smoking any of that stuff, jackson :hubba: I think you're ordering seeds from the wrong place?

ArtVandolay said:
I can't recommend smoking any of that stuff, jackson :hubba: I think you're ordering seeds from the wrong place?

So true Art, so true. I guess ones for the munches and the other is to cure those munches. Hey, I'm not giving up on the lettuce, I heard that stuff can put you on your butt if grown right. :D

I will start mine in april tomatos. cilantro, jalepenos a few others I have to decide..I would love to grow potatos.. I have grown green onions red or yellow would be awesome I have tons of seeds I need to look through...the tomato plants are a great cover around my pot plants..

2Dog said:
I will start mine in april tomatos. cilantro, jalepenos a few others I have to decide..I would love to grow potatos.. I have grown green onions red or yellow would be awesome I have tons of seeds I need to look through...the tomato plants are a great cover around my pot plants..

Very cool, 2Dog. One thing i didn't think about was peppers. I might just do those as well. I scored potatoes today. Some red pontiac, georgia jet sweet potatoes and yukon golds. I am very happy about finding them today.

I'm going to be in over my head soon.

Tomatoes. I am growing Cherokee Purple, Giant Belgium, Golden Nugget and Early Wonder for tomatoes. I sowed a bunch of Azoychka (big yellow maters) seeds from TSC but none of them came up.

Egg Plants Fairy Tale Hybrid, Little Fingers and Listia de Gandia

Hot Peppers. Fatalii, 7 pot/pod, Chichen Habanero, Bhut Jolokia, Trinidad Scorpion (red & Yellow), Chocolate Bhut, Chocolate 7 pod/pot, Chocolate Hab, Red Savina, Hot Paper Lantern, Tree Hab, Jalapeno, and Tobasco.

Bell Peppers. Sweet Bell Mix and Sheepnose Pimento

I am also growing the regular vegetables.

It is fun to garden but I have gotten out of hand with it. I got a tractor with a tractor tiller now, a row hipper/bedder, disker, and a two bottom plow. I am making money selling vegetables (in season) at the inner city farmers markets that promote organic growing. Those rich inner city folks are paying $1 to a $1.50 for a single bell pepper!!!!!

By the way, all of these are in round drinking cups at the moment, I will plant out on Good Friday (April 2nd). I started all these inside under a 2 bulb 4ft shop light. I then hardened them off and they are outside in their little cups.

I'm just doing a few pepper plants this year. Bhut Jolokia and Giant Jalapenos both from seeds. I'll be putting them outside in April.

for potatoes all you need to do is throw a couple in a cupboard for a while and they will start to grow eyes, i can take 1 potatoe and cut it into 4 pieces and throw them in the garden and grow huge plants with them,

TexasMonster said:
Tomatoes. I am growing Cherokee Purple, Giant Belgium, Golden Nugget and Early Wonder for tomatoes. I sowed a bunch of Azoychka (big yellow maters) seeds from TSC but none of them came up.

Egg Plants Fairy Tale Hybrid, Little Fingers and Listia de Gandia

Hot Peppers. Fatalii, 7 pot/pod, Chichen Habanero, Bhut Jolokia, Trinidad Scorpion (red & Yellow), Chocolate Bhut, Chocolate 7 pod/pot, Chocolate Hab, Red Savina, Hot Paper Lantern, Tree Hab, Jalapeno, and Tobasco.

Bell Peppers. Sweet Bell Mix and Sheepnose Pimento

I am also growing the regular vegetables.

It is fun to garden but I have gotten out of hand with it. I got a tractor with a tractor tiller now, a row hipper/bedder, disker, and a two bottom plow. I am making money selling vegetables (in season) at the inner city farmers markets that promote organic growing. Those rich inner city folks are paying $1 to a $1.50 for a single bell pepper!!!!!

By the way, all of these are in round drinking cups at the moment, I will plant out on Good Friday (April 2nd). I started all these inside under a 2 bulb 4ft shop light. I then hardened them off and they are outside in their little cups.

Well done. I fear this will be me too, lol.

gmo said:
I'm just doing a few pepper plants this year. Bhut Jolokia and Giant Jalapenos both from seeds. I'll be putting them outside in April.

Small and simple, i like it. What is Bhut Jolokia?

dman1234 said:
for potatoes all you need to do is throw a couple in a cupboard for a while and they will start to grow eyes, i can take 1 potatoe and cut it into 4 pieces and throw them in the garden and grow huge plants with them,

Love the potato growing. Thanks for the tips. I was wondering if you cut them and dry them some before planting? Some do I hear to insure from root rot or whatever. Have you heard that?

Bhut Jolokia, aka the Ghost Pepper, is the hottest known pepper in the world. 1,000,000+ Scoville units. It is 2-3x hotter than the next hottest pepper, the Red Savina Habenero. I tried a little piece of Bhut Jolokia and it is very, very hot. The only thing I have had that is hotter is hot sauce made with extracts.

gmo said:
Bhut Jolokia, aka the Ghost Pepper, is the hottest known pepper in the world. 1,000,000+ Scoville units. It is 2-3x hotter than the next hottest pepper, the Red Savina Habenero. I tried a little piece of Bhut Jolokia and it is very, very hot. The only thing I have had that is hotter is hot sauce made with extracts.

Sounds painful. I'm a light weight with the hot stuff. Not sure my tolerance level but i don't like my mouth on fire and no way to put it out, lol.

3 days now and they are growing like crazy from seed. I'm going to have to transfer them into 16 oz cups or something until they go to into the planter boxes. Weather is good but still to unstable to plant yet, afraid temps could drop hard at night still. Might wait it out until April 2 giving them as much natural sun as possible until then.

Thanks for sharing your gardens even if they aren't the "real thing", lol. Keep it coming.

oh I forgot I am doing strawbberries planted last year so this year I should get fruit...prob need to plant them into the ground...

jackson1 said:
Love the potato growing. Thanks for the tips. I was wondering if you cut them and dry them some before planting? Some do I hear to insure from root rot or whatever. Have you heard that?

I actually just started doing this the last 2yrs, so im not an expert, i cut them as i dropped them in the ground, the plants that grew above ground
were over 3 ft tall.

2Dog said:
oh I forgot I am doing strawbberries planted last year so this year I should get fruit...prob need to plant them into the ground...

Very nice 2Dog, fresh fruit from your own garden is as good as it gets. I am also planting green and red seedless grapes, blue berries and raspberries.

I was wondering, I am growing these from an already started plant from each that have been pruned, put in some type of soil amendment and are in biodegradable holding pots. Think i will get fruit off them this season or will it be next season before i will?

dman1234 said:
I actually just started doing this the last 2yrs, so im not an expert, i cut them as i dropped them in the ground, the plants that grew above ground
were over 3 ft tall.

Sounds good, dman. I will do the same I'm sure unless i read otherwise in a gardening book I'm reading right now.

I'm being over run, lol....

I don't know if anyone has started their's in doors yet but man, mine are growing very fast to the point I'm having to re-plant in 16oz solo cups which really expanded the area i need to light. Have to give seedlings to a buddy. His lucky day I guess.

Anyway, just checkin out how others are doing so far.

Latest posts

Back