Outdoor Garden Shots/ Show 'em Off

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I

IRISH

do y'all just love garden shots? heres a place to show off your work.:cool: .

been ready'in our gardens here in southern michigan since st. paddy's day. most everything has sprouted now. been work'in the compost piles as well.

these two gardens are loaded. we have here, green beans, wax beans, sugar snap peas, peanuts, brussel sprouts, cauliflower, onions, potatoes, cilantro, lettuce, carrots, bell peppers, tomatoes, flowers, peaches & cream, and honey & cream sweet corn.

in another garden,:hubba: , we have cucumbers, cantalope, and yellow squash.

and we are atm working on a fourth garden for pumpkins, and watermelon.:cool: .

ain't it funny how you always have friends around when it's harvest time, but thier nowhere to be found come till'in, and plant'in time?;) . oh well, thier always welcome on the farm here, anytime. besides, the 'lil woman, and myself can get 'one with nature' when were alone, and in the garden.:hubba: , but thats another story.

i'll show y'all some of our other gardens when we get them straightened around. we would love to see some of yours, so get out those cameras, and get to post'in 'em up here.

( ps. come on Turkeyneck, Godspeed, Cubby, Trillions of Atoms, RBH, both you Hippys;) , Blancolighter, Slowmo, 4u2Smoke, Ettesun:) , Dubbaman, TCbud, Docfishwrinkle, The Effin Gee, and a few others i have shared gardening knowledge with:cool: ;) , get on in here brothers. show off your mad skills.:D .) all are welcome here. Irish.

oh yeah, the peanuts are pic #4.:) :cool: .

took a close up so a few that have'nt seen 'em grown before know what they look like vegg'in.;) .

the actual peanuts grow under ground on the roots. they'll finish by late september, ( 'bout the same time as the mj :D ). we boil our peanuts in the shell. we spice 'em up with our homemade, dried, and crushed peppers, and a 'lil crab boil, in a salt brine bath. then, we can 'em.:hubba: .

get to post'in. can't wait to see some pics of others gardens. and be mindful of your surroundings while posting up your pics. i sometimes get that certain one i just have to show, and there in the background will be some small detail that could get noticed. so, what i'll do, is go to paint, and brush that detail right on out of the pic.;) :cool: . Irish.

Very nice Irish, i myself have some Carrots, Onions, Turnips and Spuds (Maincorp) going, they are coming on very nice.

not the outdoor garden shots i was hoping for :(
;)

I just have eaten the roasted variety of peanut, you know what planters puts up on the grocery shelf. You shell those peanuts and spice them and can them? in a liquid? or dried? I am confused.
I got cherry tomatoes, carrots, onions, snow peas (they are shutting down because of the heat wave). Pics in my journal below.

no. leave the shell on. wash off dirt. add to big pot of brine. soak for a few days covered. then , ( preferably outside), hard boil them to desired tenderness, and can in normal fashion(as you would your jalapenos), with brine in jars.:cool: :) . ie, boiled peanuts. waa-laa. pretty easy really.

we do all our canning outdoors. it's just to much heat to have going in the house. we grow so many things, that my gf , and i, are canning for literally weeks straight. it becomes monotonous, with all the cutting, and dicing , and boiling, and sterilizing. it's deffinately a huge chore. but hey, it's one thing we look forward to every year. then when it's over, and the goodies are put up, we get to enjoy our hard work all winter.:D :cool: .

nothing like going to the pantry, for a quart of spaghetti sauce, and a quart of buds, knowing they came from your own hard work. wish some more of todays kids would come on back to the days of old. hmm. wishful thinking...

Cool, love the veggies! I have a 20 by 20 garden for them. We got zuchini, yellow squash, bush beans, jalapenos, corn, and tomatoes. My fruit trees are looking good this year too, might get some pears and apples from them babies. It's a very green year for me here, love that!

thanks for the shots Umbra.:)

heres a few more of a little of everything.;) . from flowers, to garden, to hostas, to field deer, to herbs.:hubba: ...

everything in the garden is much larger now. these pics are 2 weeks ago. ( need to put the date stamp back on my cam, mind plays tricks, you know?).

it's raining out today. i'll put up some recent pics soon. i procrastinated yet again:rolleyes: , and did'nt get fencing up around our snow peas, and wax beans, and so the little furry creatures came in the night, and had thierselves a feast.:eek: . a few bean plants were left. will have to replant.

there is also 2 more rows of corn, bringing the total to 8 rows now. the last 2 rows, we planted 2 days ago is called Chubby Checkers sweet corn. it is bi-colored, and sugar enhanced.

enjoy. keep it green...

IRISH said:
got pics sherwoodforest?
Pics, sure this is from a few days ago.

garden 30.jpg

That is some place and garden ya got there, Irish :). When Mrs & I decide to clear out of hurricane alley, I want a place just like that. Just not that far north :hubba:. Real nice :)

IRISH said:

nothing like going to the pantry, for a quart of spaghetti sauce, and a quart of buds, knowing they came from your own hard work. wish some more of todays kids would come on back to the days of old. hmm. wishful thinking...

Could I get some cuttings from your spaghetti sauce plants? :)

nice garden SherwoodForest.:) . wow, not a tree in sight. (just the few hiding behind the fence.;) ). very nice indeed.

thanks Art.:cool: . i work hard on my gardens. it's a never ending weed fest. i am out there daily doing upkeep. there used to be one huge garden out there, an acre.:eek: . it got to be to much work for two people. now we do several smaller gardens. put spruce trees in the old garden spot. it will eventually be a great spot to stash some monster plants.:hubba: .

used to live in hurricane alley myself. was actually neighbors to Andy.;) .
went through hurricane Georges. lost everything we had. talk about trials, and tribulations. still have family on the gulf coast. they rode out katrina.:eek: . something about starting over again, and again, just did'nt set well with me. plus, the ground there is lousy. clay everywhere. i managed.

nice flowers umbra.:) . i'm not to good at flower names. i'll take a crack. are they hibiscus?..

umbra said:
OH you want flowers, heck ya.

Really nice color there Umbra. From the foliage I assume their either Rhodadendrons or Azaleas, Am I right. I really like purple or lilac flowers, don't know why, always have.
This is a rose I got from a friend 2 years ago as a tiny cutting from a graft. It just started flowering a few days ago.

yard & garden.jpg

IRISH said:
nice garden SherwoodForest.:) . wow, not a tree in sight. (just the few hiding behind the fence.;) ). very nice indeed.
Muuuhahahaha! More importantly, not a neigbor in sight!:D I lived in the city my whole life and 5 years ago I bought this place in the country. I love it, it's a farming dream come true for me. You appear to have some issolation yourself, how close are your closest neighbors?:confused:

neighbors are getting closer all the time.:eek: . farms are turning into housing developements.:eek: . pretty soon we'll have to put privacy fencing up. i keep in good terms with all our neighbors. they all love canned goodies.:hubba: . but who does'nt?.. planted many spruce trees this spring, to keep prying eyes out of yard. they grow fast.

pic 1 & 2 were taken last week.

3 is peanut plants.:)

4 is onions, cabbage, brussel sprouts, cauliflower, green beans.

5 is tomatoes

6 is carrots, toms.

7 is random with spruce trees

8 is garden (other);) :) , that was dusted a few nights ago.

found a grasshopper on one of my mj plants, rolled up in the top of a plant.:eek: . the japanese beetles are playing havoc in all gardens. i got the cure for that too. have been neglecting gardens. will be weeding over next few days straight. have alot going on atm.

enjoy, and keep it green, Irish.

Is that Sevin dust? What are you killing with that? Have you ever used Nolo bait?

Latest posts

Back