Outdoor Garden Shots/ Show 'em Off

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking awesome guys and gals!!! I can't take any profile pictures of the gardens but I can do some close ups. After I get the rest of the peppers and tomatoes in tonight I will get some shots. Maybe I can get a few good chicken shots while they are helping me in the garden.

SherwoodForest said:
Is that Sevin dust? What are you killing with that? Have you ever used Nolo bait?

whats nolo bait? yes, it is 7 dust, or actually 5%. japanese beetles invaded. so did the white flies, and some spiders, and several leaf cutters. left it set 2 days, then the rain came. its raining now. i'll check them at daylight. i use it outside on my mj occasionally.

howdy GSS:D . glad to see you made it;) . yeah, be careful on the shots bro. would love to see what you have growing. between weeding and working on a vehicle we just aquired, my menu is pretty full.

todays rain means inside the barn work on this ride. welding up exhaust. always fun.:rolleyes: . its the crawling up and down off the floor that hurts.

spent 6 hours weeding yesterday.:eek: . saved some of our snow peas from the dreaded rabbits. will prolly be doing some fencing up here in a bit. 6 A.M., daylight is now coming on. and , here goes another day of work, down on the farm. have a great day all. your bud, Irish...

IRISH said:
whats nolo bait? ...
Biological Bait for Grasshopper Control This bran bait is not harmful to animals, people, plants and other insects, but kills most species of grasshoppers by infecting them with Nosema locustae, a parasitic protozoa. Grasshoppers will spread the disease among themselves by eating sick hoppers and by laying infected eggs. NOP compliant.

Apply early in the season, as the over-wintering grasshoppers emerge. Two to three weeks may be required for initial effect. Broadcast 1—2 lb/acre around the entire infested area, as well as outlying areas such as drying grasses and fields. Heavy infestations may require repeated applications.

Nolo Bait has a limited shelf life, and while product is viable for 90 days after the label date, use as soon as possible. The manufacturer warrants that the product will be viable upon arrival as subsequent storage conditions can cause product damage. Store in a cool, (42°F is optimal) dry, place until you are ready to apply it. Do not apply to standing water.

Can only be shipped to the following states: AL, AK, AR, AZ, CA, CO, FL, ID, IL, IA, KS, MO, MT, NE, NM, NV, OH, OK, OR, SD, TN, TX, UT, WA, WY. Pesticide I.D.# is required for CA commercial growers.

1- cucumbers
2- carrots + tomatoes
3-cauliflower
4-lettuce
5-mj
6-green beans
7-green beans
8-general shot
9-cauliflower, brussel sprouts, cabbage
10-cabbage
11-cauliflower
12-marigolds

1- brussell sprouts
2-onions
3-tomatoes
4-tom plant
5-cherry tomatoes
6-bell peppers, jalapenos
7-peanuts w/early bloom
8-corn, spruce trees
9-corn, spruce trees
10-mj
11-mj
12-and more, mj:D :cool: .

some update pics. enjoy.

dude.... I think we might be related somehow..
are you human?
:48:

human enough to know my back, neck, and shoulders hurt like you know what, from today's weeding. my gf is out of comission for awhile. she has whats known as cellulitis. it is a blood disorder, that attacks her ankles, and feet. very painful after being on them for awhile. more tests. more doctors. been going on for a few years. i think thier just guessing at her condition now. nothing they have done has even remotely worked.

so, until the 'lil woman is better, it's all me in the garden.:eek: . i'm the one with the green thumb anyway. always had it.

enjoy the pics all.

When a woman has pain in her feet and ankles the best remedy is to get them in the air:hubba:
Garden's looking pretty good. I especialy like the corn. Wish I could grow some but every time I try the raccoons wait untill just before harvest, nock it to the ground and eat one bite from every ear. It wouldn't be bad if they just took a few ears and left the rest, but nooooo. So I'll stick with my tomatoes, peppers, onions, and herbs.
I'll put up some pics later today.
Good luck and good growing.

thanks cubby. thats what her dr said too.;) , and who am i to argue with an elder?:cool: .

one year, we planted a whole acre of sweet corn. we were going to give it all to our local food pantry, to give away to families in need. ( it felt like a way we could give something to our community). the corn grew great. the raccoons came, and wiped it all out in a matter of a few nights.:eek: . it is always planted in intervals, so's not to be overwhelmed with the whole mess at once.

after they had thier way with 2 separate harvests, we put electrified 2x4 fencing, intertwined with barbed wire. needless to say, they still got to the corn.:confused: .

so now what i do, is physically sit out there at 69-75 days. this is when they come and do thier raids. usually between 1AM, and 5AM. and do i ever have a treat for them. throw on the switch, light up the whole garden with bullseye electric fencing, a fully loaded ithaca 12, and a fully loaded mossberg 500.:hubba: .

corn, it's what's for dinner.:D .

so now what i do, is physically sit out there at 69-75 days. this is when they come and do thier raids. usually between 1AM, and 5AM. and do i ever have a treat for them. throw on the switch, light up the whole garden with bullseye electric fencing, a fully loaded ithaca 12, and a fully loaded mossberg 500. .

corn, it's what's for dinner. .
get them racoons irish.. they a pita imo. granted they do have a purpose an place in our ecosystem but they dont have any place in ur garden an they not on any endangered species list so i say have some target practice brother. lol

I was thinking next year I'll plant some corn up at my cabin inside a chainlink cage. I bid on a mystery lot at a builders auction last week and ended up with400 linear feet of dog run. I can build a 150X50 enclosure, cover it with 6mil clear plastic to use as a greenhouse in the spring, then just cut it off when the good weather gets here. I figure if I put a chicken wire top on it should keep the raccoons out. Maybe I'll run a couple of wires through it and hook it up just to give them a zap if they can't resist. If nothing else it should at least give me a little entertainment.;)

is the parcel close to your reside? is there running water? these are the factors i would look at. lugging water is a pita. i know. my well pump was out this past winter, and i had to haul H20 in. no fun.

they dug holes through our chicken wire to get at the corn. crafty little buggers, they are. you have to do a full military scale night op on 'em;) , i'm tell'in ya. it's the only solution if you are a country gardener.

i'm sure city gardens have coon problems too, it's just that us country gardeners have to take 'special precautions' against this enemy. ( intel say's , this particular season, they'll be carry'in the news ; wmds. ( weapons of mass devouring ):eek: ;) :D ...

Location is not a problem. I'll just put it along the west side of the house. Water comes from the lake by a small pump hooked up to a small generator.
Lake water is great for the garden. But I will rototill down a foot and a half, dig it out and put in chicken wire so they can't dig under. I'll be spending alot more time up there in the near future, possibly move up full time. I'm selling my business and retiring. I figure I may as well do it now before I get too old to enjoy it. My cabins not like a "cabin" it's a year round house, 4 br, 3 1/2 bath on 240 acres of the most out of the way land you can find. It's far enough out that the nearest municipality is'nt a town but a township with a population of just over 3 dozen people. I see more wolves and moose than people. It's the kind of place where you better enjoy your own company because there's no one else around. This is good most of the time but if an emergency arises you're in a fix. But it will give me plenty of room and time for gardening, fishing, and horse back ridding. Winters are no picnick though, -40s for days even weeks is not unusual, But there's always some old guy saying "this is nothing, when I was a kid........" But it's an adventure I'm looking forward to.:)

sounds like my kind of place cubby.:cool: .

had a bad mishap a few days back. had a fall on a concrete porch at a friends place. my elbow has a closed fracture. i have an appt. with an orthopedic surgeon real soon.

could'nt have happened at a worse time. this will put a hold on alot of things i had planned to do this summer. real bad timing. :( ...

i do have some updated pics of our gardens. nothing will stop me from seeing them through the season. they may suffer a bit weeding wise, but thier far enough along to finish, either way.

the toms' are just beginning to produce golf ball size toms. the green, and wax beans are producing, the yellow zuchinni are also coming on.

heres where it is now. enjoy. keep it green.

1 is mj garden:)
2 is 6' 2" plant i have in largest outdoor plant competition.;) :hubba: .
3 is mj shot.
4-more mj.
5-still more mj:D
6-(oh, theres the veggies) yellow squash.
7-muskmelon beginning to put out blooms
8-cukes
9-early girl toms.
10-cabbage
11-lettuce
12-green beans.

1- wildflowers
2-marigolds
3-potato plant
4-peanut plant
5-wax beans
6-spruce trees, growing fast
7-corn
8-bell peppers
9-carrots, (outer row).
10-toms'.
11-mj.

Irish...

Sorry about the fall hope it heals soon. The gardens looking real nice. Mines comming along pretty decent. Been munchin' on cherry tomatoes for a week or so. Regular tom are almost as large as a baseball but still green. My romas are comming along as well. I've harvested the first decent crop of hot peppers already. Herbs as well. Onions look pretty good, as far as I can tell considering their underground.
I was just thinking, as far as weeding goes, I bought a tool called "the winged weeder" it looks like one of those tools that you'd never use or does'nt work but it does work and you can easily use it one handed and don't even need to bend over. It just sort of slides just below the surrface of the soil and cuts off the weeds at the roots. I like it because it does a great job on clover (I have tons).
That MJ plant is looking really sweet. What type is it? I've got 9 northern lights that im putting into 5 gallon buckets today if it dose'nt rain. I'm really surprised by these plants because they aready average around 42 inches. My northern lights ussualy top out at 36 inches. These seeds are from the same batch I've been growing for the last 4 years. I don't pinch or train in any way, I just let them do their thing naturally, they know what to do without my help. I'll try to post some pics later today.
Till then, keep growing and best wishes on your recovery.

Here are some recent pics.
The first 4 are my Nirvana Northern Lights. The first pic was taken two weeks ago. In the third pic you can see how tall they are in relation to the BBq (42")
The fifth pic is my tomatos and onions. Romas on the left, Slicing tomatos on the right, onions in rows in front of both.
Sixth pic is sweet peppers, multi colors, 40 pepper plants in this one raised bed, plus 120 onions.
Seventh pic is hot peppers, 24 of them various kinds, and of course onions
Eighth pic is one of 4 cherry toms, in the foreground. Behind it is Bannana tree plants, and the thing with the ladder init is my shade structure full of house plants outside for the summer. How you like those Christmas lights? They look cool at night and when their on the twinkle mode they make it kind of interesting to sit out there.
Ninth is the same cherry tom and Bannana tree. That cherry tom is about 6 ft. tall. I've been harvesting off these already.
Tenth and Eleventh are some of my Asiatic lillies. They got so big this year I had to put up twine (Hemp, of course) to help support them untill I get them cut to bring to a Hospice a friend works at.
Last is some of my roma tomatos. The biggest one on the end fills the palm of my hand and it's not even close to mature yet.
This is gonna be a good year for the garden. I get alot out of this urban lot. My veg. garden is only 12X40. If you maximise your planting area you have more food while reducing the space weeds have to grow.

yard & garden 011.jpg

yard & garden 019.jpg

yard & garden 026.jpg

yard & garden 034.jpg

yard & garden 012.jpg

yard & garden 015.jpg

yard & garden 016.jpg

yard & garden 017.jpg

yard & garden 018.jpg

yard & garden 021.jpg

yard & garden 022.jpg

yard & garden 030.jpg

urban gardening at it's finest cubby. :D :cool: . my g/f say's to tell you, that your gardens are gorgeous. we love the x-mas lights out on the veranda.:hubba: :cool: .

we have a nice little sitt'in out spot like yours also. and , it has the same lights draped around it.;) .

i noticed that i missed posting a pic of my onions. i will get them next time.

i had the nl's one time from dr. chronic, and none would germinate.:confused: . really wanted to try some too. thier size was the important factor to my indoor grow area. i plan on trying to get some more this winter from nirvana.

can't wait to fire up my indoor this fall again. funny how all winter you await the arrival of spring, then all summer, the arrival of fall. the two best seasons up here.:D

thanks for sharing cubby. keep 'em green. Irish...

Hey Irish ,
Thanks for kind words, and tell your g/f thanks as well, if it were possible I would hand her a huge batch of flowers right thru the computer screen.
Funny you mention your growing antisipation for fall, just prior to seeing your post I was down stairs looking at my hydro set up and thinking the exact same thing. You know what they say about great minds, (or is that one track minds?);)
As far as the NL are conserned, they are by far my favorite strain. I have never been disapointed by thier proformance, inside or out. My outside ones right now are at their max hieght, or pretty close to it. Thier supposed to top out at 3-3 1/2 feet. Right now their between 42 and 46 inches, a little taller than the norm (what can I say no green thumb, green hands):p
I grow my outdoor plants in 5 gallon buckets because around here it's not unusual to get a freak freeze in the middle of Oct. And with them in buckets I can finnish them off in my green house. The green house is also good to reduce the chanses of bud mold. I can't tell you the number of times I've seen people, myself included, loose a good deal of finnished yield due to inclimate weather late in the season. So I think a good idea for Mid-West growers is even if you grow in the ground put a few, even if their just experimental, in pots.That way if mother nature decides to play a mean trick on you, you still have a fall back crop. Some thing to burn while your getting your indoor grow under way.
Well best of luck, best of growing, and keep the sun on your face.:D

now that you say the nl's are by far your favorite strain, i definately have got to try them. i'd have to say my favorite to date is white widow. i have several good friends that are growers also, so we trade up alot, so's to be able to try different strains. still smoking on cali org. bud atm. it came by way of the good 'ol barter system.;) :D ...

got a few pics from garden this eve. got my cast wet in a bad way, and messed it up. well, it had to come off yesterday. my dr don't know yet. will let him know today. i'm sure they will put another on. bumped elbow on door frame coming in from garden, and the pain is excruciating. got to be more careful.:eek: .

1- jalapenos
2-toms
3-marigolds
4-onions
5-cabbage
6-green beans
7-random wildflowers
8-marigolds

Latest posts

Back