Outdoor Garden Shots/ Show 'em Off

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lookin' good there Irish,
I'd like to have some corn like that. Next year I'm growing some in a cage so the raccoons can't get it.
All in all the garden's looking nice and productive, super healthy.
By the way, how's the elbow?

cubby said:
Lookin' good there Irish,
I'd like to have some corn like that. Next year I'm growing some in a cage so the raccoons can't get it.
All in all the garden's looking nice and productive, super healthy.
By the way, how's the elbow?

thanks cubby.:) . the coons are lurking.:eek: . gotta do midnight recon on 'em shortly. too bad we can't post dead critters' up. i'd show you a stack of 'em.

btw, i eat coon. it's delicious. the trick to preparing it is cleaning it. gotta cut out as much fat as possible. then hard boil the remaining fat, and ladle it off, for around 5 hours. then prepare it however you please.

we put it in the crock-pot, cover with barbeque sauce, and simmer 24 hours. same as we do our squirrel.;) :) ...

yeah cubby, it's starting to produce well now. cherry toms are ripening up well too. been eating green fried toms, and yellow squash, and gill fillets, couple nights a week.:hubba: .

elbow still broke.:eek: . i cut the cast off, and am rehab'ing myself. doing pretty good, long as i don't take a direct bump on it. 'least now, i can wipe my own bung properly.;) :eek: .lol. lol. lol...

if you ever had a broke arm, on the main one you use, you know what i'm talking about...

The raccoons should be easy to see, they'll be lurking around the edge of the garden wearing little red and white checkered napkins around their necks....LOL.:hubba:

Nice gardeeeeens irish, this is my first time growing anything but it start with my spice garden: mint, sweet thai basil and some rosemary. Have to think about the green spliff thing. Get back to you with more details. Keep it pointed to the sun

the chef said:
Nice gardeeeeens irish, this is my first time growing anything but it start with my spice garden: mint, sweet thai basil and some rosemary. Have to think about the green spliff thing. Get back to you with more details. Keep it pointed to the sun

If you have mint planted in the ground your going to have mint forever. Mint is the cockaroach of plants, it will survive a nuclear hollicost. I planted a 4inch pot of it 15 years ago and I'm still finding it allover my yard. Even Roundup wont kill it off. Good Luck, I'll sip alittle juelip to your gardening future.:eek:

Wow everyones set-ups are so nice and cool! I cant wait to start growing

Here's a few pics from my garden this yr.
I've collected some seeds from this yrs garden - The left is a wild native sunflower. The right is native purple coneflower

pix003-2.jpg

pix014-3.jpg

Picture 013.jpg

Picture 014.jpg

thanks dubious.:)

hello tex:) . very nice butterfly gardens.;) :cool: . do you get hummingbirds around your flowers? we love bird watching. we feed 'em all winter, and plant flowers for 'em in summer. someone told me there is no pileated woodpeckers here in michigan, ha. i have two pairs that nest here every winter.

our yard is like a wildlife refuge each winter.

picked some peaches & cream sweet corn fresh from garden tonight for dinner. mmm , mmm, good.

thanks for sharing...Irish...

There's a pair of hummingbirds that feed on various flowering perinials and shrubs around the property here.
There's also butterflies and dragonflies.
I am definately aiming to attract various insects and birds.
I am pleased with how much more activity is out there in the garden since I started woring on it last yr.

Some updated garden pics:
Pic 1: Some tomatos ripening up
Pic 2: Green tomatos, nice and healthy
Pic 3: I've got dozens of bell peppers already, huge and delicious
Pic 4: This is the bell pepper bed, there are 40 pepper plants in there
Pic 5: Two NL's, plenty healthy and pushing out pistils like crazy
Pic 6: Three more of my girlies
I'll put up some more garden pics later. Just wanted to let you guys know how the garden was progressing at this point in the season.:farm:

yard & garden 048.jpg

yard & garden 049.jpg

yard & garden 050.jpg

yard & garden 052.jpg

yard & garden 053.jpg

yard & garden 054.jpg

Some Pics from around the yard;
Pic 1; This is a lavender hybrid tea rose. It's called sterling silver, I have no idea why:confused2:
Pic 2-4: My front yard. This is as close as it gets to tropical in the upper mid-west. There are Castor bean plants, Canna, and Elephant Ears. Not showing but there are a bunch of asiatic lillies in various colors.
Pic 5: A Hybiscus, I recieved it as a gift 15 years ago and it was 15 at the time, but looking really raggedy.
Pic 6: is my tall garden phlox and daylillies. These attract hundreds of butterflies and huge bumble bees.:hubba: :farm:

P6050004.JPG

P1010014.JPG

P1010017.JPG

P1010021.JPG

P8130044.JPG

yard & garden 055.jpg

very nice pics cubby. totally amazing yard. we love it.:D :cool: . been trying to pull up a close-up of the lavender rose for an hour. server wont let us.:rolleyes: .

man, those nl's look so much like this KULT, it aint funny. they look spectacular. nice buddage happening now.:hubba: .

i moved two plants inside yesterday, and all is well with them. i took 4 clones also, and put them in my little homemade bubble cloner. can't wait to fire up my dwc buckets.:) .

awesome pics my friend...Irish...

We are literraly going thru a tornado warning as I write this. The rain was comming down so hard it bent my plants in half, I went out in that junk and moved them all closer to the fence, under the grape vine to give them some protection. Nieghbor down the hill had a hub cap fly thru the rear window of his brand new car, he just got it thru the cash for clunkers program. I guess he'll have to do that again, the inside has at least 2 inches of water in it.
Anyways, thanks for the comments on my pics:aok: I gotta' get some of my bulevard. That area is full of purple and white cone flower, lavender, variagated japaneese grass, and purple and white liatris.
Like you I'm trying to attract more wild life to my yard for viewing. This year I have a pair of cardinals living in my grape vine, thier really nice. :)
A couple weeks ago a hawk killed a small robin right in front of my house. My first instict was to try and scare it away but held back, it's nature. While the hawk had the small robin down on the ground and looked like he was massaging it with his talons (obviously he was'nt) the mother robin was doing loop-d-loops over the hawk and screeching.:eek:
Well take care I gotta' go out and survey the dammage.:confused2:

hey cubby, what is in the greenish/grayish pot at the top of the steps, pic 5 , i believe?

looks to be clones? the 'lil woman pointed them out to me.;) , you know me, i was looking at the BIG GIRLS dance'in on the lawn.:hubba: .

wow. a 30 yr. old hybiscus? thats crazy cubby. also very elegant. finally got the sterling silver rose to blow-up.:D . my 'lil lady says the hybiscus looks as if it's silk. very dainty, and beautiful.

thanks again buddy for sharing those beauties...

Latest posts

Back