Started

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pussum

Reaction score
Well I started growin. . . one. One seed was all I could get germinated out of the bag I had. So I will maybe look into getting more later but for now I want to start this ONE and see if I can get it to take root. I put it in the soil, MG that feeds plants for three months, alla TBG. It is about an inch or so deep. I will water it just a bit tonight, but I am shakey on the light cycle. I will do 18 on and 6 off and see how I fare with that. I hope it works.

Any pointers and signs to look out for are well appreciated.

One last thing I forgot. I will be picking up a light timer tomorrow, but I am not sure how they work. Can I set it so that it will click on for 18 hours and off for 6 so I don't have to be home to mess with it or do I have set it like an egg timer almost where it will click on and stay on for 18 hours, but once 18 hours is up I have to be home after it is done with its 6 hour nap to set it for another 18 hours or what?. Can I get a timer that will turn on for 18 and off for 6 and on for 18 and off for 6 ect?

Whats up pussum. Sounds like your off to a good start. Much GREEN MOJO coming your way for your baby. Yes you can set your timer for 18/6 and you shouldn't have any problems.

GreenMojo.JPG

Best of luck pussum, hope that seeds a girl :)

Well, a little bit of an update. Just for the hell of it I put a couple of the seeds that didn't sprout into a cup of water and let them sit on the cable box for a couple days. This morning I checked them and all of them sprouted a root. Not just a root, but a, in the very least, one inch root. They are getting put in the dirt today when I get home.

:) makes me very happy!

I watered the one that did sprout first last night when I put in into the dirt. I didn't really know how much to water so I figured less is more in this case. I hope I made the right choice. It is like everything I spent so much time reading just emptied right out of my head when I started so now I have to read all this stuff all over again.

When I go to the store to get my timer I am going to get a 4 gallon jug of purified water to water the plants with. I didn't have any bottled or distilled water at the house so I had to use tap water. I am not sure if purified water or distilled water is better so I will have to do some reading later before I go to see which would better suit me.

Well it is the end of day one now. I am just wondering if maybe I put the seeds in a bit to far. I put them about 1 - 1 1/2 inches down. Also about how long till they start to peek their heads out of the soil?

The soil was still moist from the first watering so I added a bit more, but I think I will skip watering tomorrow just so I don't over kill on the water. They are in one gallon pots and seedlings so about how much water should I be watering them? I don't want to over kill.

I am having trouble getting the inside of the box up to correct temp. It is by the furnace, so I don't know what the problem is. I am going to be picking up another light bar from the store and mounting a second one so that should help.

Latest posts

Back