Starting a grow in an older dirty house, any suggestions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KushBlower12

Smoke em' if ya got em'
Reaction score
hey guys, hope all of your gardens are are smiling today.

I was wondering if you had any good ideas for starting a new grow op in an older run-down house. I will be using 3 rooms-1 larger veg room and 2 med size rooms for flowering and I will have all of my windows properly sealed with reinforced plywood. My first priority will be cleaning the best I can. I will use a good bleach and water mix for the majority of it. Then I plan on possibly building a frame inside of the veg room with plastic walls and ceiling (a room inside of a room) and sealing it off with either tape or calking. Then I will run my lights on movers and exhaust through the attic. I know there are several moving parts in this scheme such as air condition and inlines with scrubbers but I want to make sure my overall structure is right first. I dont want to have any issues later on. Oh ya, and I will be having a electrician look at things before I move in... that could be important until I can afford solar panels.

So please ANY help would greatly be appreciated. Anything I should look out for as far as the older house?

I would use a good all purpose germicidal cleaner-dilute it lightly just like you would the your nutes. Bleach can destroy floor finishes and make things look even worse-not that you could'nt use it in the bathroom per se.
I can't use a whole room as of now but I've got my plans for that.
I would build like a window box that would cover the whole window. You can use OSB-then hang some heavy curtains right by the glass. Paint the OSB white on the inside-then mount a small flourescent squirrely bulb so you can turn it on and it will look like lights on but it will be dark in the room.
Will keep the house looking lively and not abandoned.
Do any sprucing up you can on the outside-don't go overboard-just make it look kempt.
Grow on!!!
:joint:
Gb

thats a cool idea Geezer..Thanks..

I would think ya pulling carpets? caulk and paint everything..Flat white...after the germicide...sounds like a good grow..would like to see some pics when shes running..take care and be safe

I pulled carpet one time to find out there was groty tile underneath it-get the heat gun!!
:rofl:

Thats the great thing - the house is rundown and doesnt have any carpet. its concrete which is perfect in my book. I am really thinking about covering the entire room with plastic just for extra care against bugs. And what would you guys veg with? 4 400 watt lamps or 2 1000 watt? either way they will be mh and on light movers - and 600 watt hps for the flowering.

Ive got the windows covered. Im good at making it look like nothing and I will definitely be good about making sure my house doesnt stand out.

sounds great, maybe fire off a few extra bug foggers in grow areas, to take care of the old house bugs

Sounds like a good idea, the plastic sounds good. Make sure to do a little outside recon for big leaks, windows, etc.-moisture controll, definitely check the walls for any kind of mold,black or otherwise. I would hate to think of you doing a grow without knowing that sneaky crap was around.

Ya know i think that it might be less of a problem with the germs and bugs than it might be with grown pests like rats. Unlived in houses often have them, because they dine on the cockroahes, and other smaller pests. Rats themselves are usually safe, and don't carry rabies in this county(USA), they carry fleas and ticks that can cause human harm and the ratties might eat your plants...yikes!

I'm a ratter, i own two beauties. But they eat pretty much any damned thing. I'm sure they rather eat your killer weed plants than cockroaches. So maybe look for them in your new place.

Latest posts

Back