starting new grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dr_toker81

'Re'Member???
Reaction score
so yeah. i just went shopping today. got pretty much everything i need.
I got three 2 foot flourescents ... jiffy starterstrip cups, some jiffy compress peat pellets.
I got 3- 75 watt grow lamps " all i can afford at the moment" .
I bought a fan and a vent for the 3x3x4 box i built, and i wrapped the inside with white glossy coil stock "facia" .
Im very proud of it actually!!! I wired my own switches and recepticals. Built it in memory of my old phototron which was stolen from a supposed friend. <----jerk. :hitchair:<--- thats me hitting him with a chair :D

I got my little tiger stripped babies soaking in some paper towels on a plate in the closet.
Going to make clones out of my mother female i already have with the pellets and see how that goes since it will be my first time trying this. Any advise?
Any good advise for any of this or any feedback would be greatly apriciated.
thanks everyone,
dr_toker81

Ive been using the Jiffy pellets to start from seed and they work great. I just cut two clones and put them in the jiffy pellets today so we will see if I can get those to root.

Do you have any rooting gel for the clones?
How many watts are your cfls?

yes i have rooting hormone powder. i think its made by a company calls scotts??? not sure i ripped the lable off to hide it from my wife lol.. the cfls r 75 each. i think i might by one more. i think im only going to try to have 4 main plants for harvest but im going to have a seperate thing going for an all year round thing so i an have like maybe a once a month harvest. enough to keep my head well lol.

Jiffy pellets were bomb back in the day when I did soil...

Hiding it from the wide, eh?
That's a tricky game I just couldn't bother myself to play. I established my habits and hobbies early in the relationship...
LOL

Scotts is a good rooting hormone. I like to mix a bit up in wazter, dip it in for about 30 second and let it soak it up, then I aplly the powder to the stem, great results for me...

Hey, hiding this from the wife is just wrong. If you are sharing a home with anyone, it is not cool to put their freedom in jeopardy because you are growing. They should either be in agreement or you do not grow. This includes, parents, roommates, spouses, kids....

The Hemp Goddess said:
Hey, hiding this from the wife is just wrong.

shes cool with it these days. it was when i was first trying things out. but yeah...

im using a walmart crap soil its called expert its 0.10-0.08-0.06 but it does the job. next time i think im gonna mix my own med.
and yeah blanco thanks for the advise on the scotts. i think im gonna try to dip the stem into the water and them roll it in some hormone powder and then when i put it in the pellet try not to touch the sides so it doesn't brush any off. actually i might try it your way as well and see what works better. im sure it will turn out the same.. but anyways thanks again bro

Latest posts

Back