first grow start to end this time

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joker250

Reaction score
Hey everyone im new to the site and also new to the hobby if you will. i have moved out on my own now and i feel its time to take a walk on the green path.

since im useing somthing smaller to grow kinda like an over sized pc case is what it looks like and i will post pics when i get a min to take some. but anyways i want to grow a smaller plant or plants. i have a 2 types of seeds.

1. about 5 seeds right from jamaica. (i wont get in to how i got them)

2. 3 seeds found in a bag of weed that blew my head off.

i have made a boxish thing that i will house my plants in their whole life it is 2f L x 1f W x 2.5f H. i a big box from work to make the sides . i also taped the sides of the box so its water tight. lol i used alot of tape but again thank you work. i will use the computer fan idea so theres some air going through it. i have a 9v ac phone charger that i cut the ends and wired it to the fan and ut worked i know everyone says use a dc charger and also use a 12v could this be a prob now my question is...

Q. a) whats the worst that could go wrong because im useing a ac and not a dc?

b) not gunna lie whats the diff between the two :eek:

for lights im gunna use these ones i used on a planted fish tank i had they stayed above water for so long so i know their safe water wise and they dont get fire starting hot lol i went to a grow store to get these lights i was cutting my plants in the tank every day so im hopeing they will help me.

now i have no idea what the plants lifes like i just know to put a light over a seed in a pot and water lol .. i dont understand the ferts and light cycle and flowering and ya lol i have looked on the net and have read but im not sure about some things..

Q. i have the seeds in jiffy cups now i heard somewhere that you could put the jiffy cup on a plate of water and it will soke up the water as needed? wouldnt this wreck the jiffy pot it self? and does this really work?
Q. how many hours should i have the lights on for?
Q. what kind of frets should i use (i live in canada bc)
Q.can anyone explain what the plants cycle is? (example flowering lol)

thats all ill ask for now i dont want to be the pushy new guy askin all the crazy questions lol
thanks for your time everyone! :)

welcome to MP. most of your questions will be answered in the resources section, top of page. the more you learn, you will also have more questions. in each forum read the 'stickies' first. members here are friendly and helpful, but ya gotta do your home work. have fun! welcome to your new addiction

what do you think about the jiffy pot in water idea??? would it just fall apart?

Latest posts

Back