Starting once again

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babe9898

Reaction score
Hey every one i need some help in making my stems stronger. I am growing a plant that is already 2 to 3 inches in hight but the stems are looking stringy. Maybe this is nomal but this has happened 2 my other plant and it died. I have a fan thats not on because I've herd that its good and not good so I don't want to take the chance. I have a bulb that is regular white 40 watts. I'm trying to make it in my buget as i still have bills to pay. I now realy want to grow because i had to many die and I'm to thick headed 2 stop and quit. I have it in a room in my basement and in one of those things you would put ur TV in but in the glass part. I should have Pics later. I also have a problem with the plant and how it is always tilting i think its because the light is on one side of the plant so it tilts that way. One of my friends has also told me to slove this problem you grow male and female plants together and then as they grow they will bind together and make the stem stronger. If im doing any thing wrong I'm up for any advise.

Fans are good for the stem and will make them stronger as long as its not blowing them over. IMO Males should be nowhere near females unless you want to pollenate for seeds. Add another light to the other side or just rotate plant daily. Are you using a cfl? If so that might be okay for now but your gonna need more than one real soon.

babe9898 said:
Hey every one i need some help in making my stems stronger. I am growing a plant that is already 2 to 3 inches in hight but the stems are looking stringy. Maybe this is nomal but this has happened 2 my other plant and it died. I have a fan thats not on because I've herd that its good and not good so I don't want to take the chance. I have a bulb that is regular white 40 watts. I'm trying to make it in my buget as i still have bills to pay. I now realy want to grow because i had to many die and I'm to thick headed 2 stop and quit. I have it in a room in my basement and in one of those things you would put ur TV in but in the glass part. I should have Pics later. I also have a problem with the plant and how it is always tilting i think its because the light is on one side of the plant so it tilts that way. One of my friends has also told me to slove this problem you grow male and female plants together and then as they grow they will bind together and make the stem stronger. If im doing any thing wrong I'm up for any advise.
hiya babe, first thing you do is quit taking advice from your friend, cause apparantly he dont know very much on this subject. you said your using a regular 40w white bulb...throw that thing away...your plants tilting cause she's offended by that bulb most likely. go to walmart/lowes/home depot and get cfl's...their cheap and do ggggreat! i would get the 3 pack of 23 watt...their cheap for the pocket, lite bill, and dont put off much heat. second, my fans run as long as the lights are on, its not bad for them. you dont want them to think its a hurricane or something...you just need air movement to the extent that the leaves barely move...the improvement will fascinate ya. since its in an entertainment stand, get a real little fan, light strip (various plug ins), cfl's, and a cheapy timer. careful of what nutes your using, i've found some really cheap nutes that are great and arrive in plain brown boxes so NO ONE will know your business. look around on this site, there's ALOT more info than you and i both could read, and far too much information to absorb...any other questions, SHOUT EM OUT....we're here to learn from each other. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>green>>>mojo>>>>>
sent your way.

im not to sure of what cfl's is, also i have been reading some of the things and most of it is just confusing me more. The kind of light i have is
40s11/CL/CD Intermediate Base 40 Watt 120 V. all of this Watts and V's CL's i have no idea of the meaning but if this is right tell me and if not im gana need some kind of pic because i have no idea of what to get.

A cfl is a compact flourescent lightbulb. They screw in regular light fixtures and is definately what you should be using if your not gonna spend money on hid lighting(high presssure sodium or metal halide). If your using a standard household bulb(incandescent), it is not going to work.

1401923179658080_1.jpg

I just looked at Timdog4's very frist grow and they looked awsome but mine 4 some reason were once about that size but the leafes werent as big. Last time mine was about 10 inches and it still didnt look like that. I just grew this at 12/20/07.And i was wondering about the lighting how long is it since octobong007 told me not to lisne to him. should it be 18hours of light/6 sleep or 24/0?

you can go either way, i would recommend going 24/0 for a few days, just to strengthen her up...then its up to you. but right now, the more light=more energy being absorbed by your baby=bigger growth and TIGHTER growth...i'm doing a cfl grow right now, its cheap and easy (like me) and my sweeties are lookin good. hit a thrift store or a flea market if possible, pick up a few 1 dollar lamps for the cfl's and your in busy ness.

Thanks babe, i havent updated journal in a long time but they are now in their 4th week of flower. They are looking awesome, ill take some pics tonight and throw em up, just been lazy:joint: . Yeah you can go 18-6, 20-4, or 24-0, as long as at least 18 hours. People go back and forth on this issue so i dont know whats better but i use 24 hours for couple days and then go to 18-6.

babe9898 said:
of my friends has also told me to slove this problem you grow male and female plants together and then as they grow they will bind together and make the stem stronger. If im doing any thing wrong I'm up for any advise.
either he was totally sarcastic or defiantly retarded.:giggle:

Ok i just went to the store and boght a 75 watt CFL and i put tothpicks to help my lil friend grow stright.

hang as many cfl's as you can, they make socket splitters, they sell at the hardware store.:eek: :bong1:

I went to a store and bought one and came to 6.99. Now when i woke up after having it on 24/0 and fan on it felt like it was 60degrees/F I have tin foil all over so that the light is reflected. The plant looks like its stayin the same.

Any advise?

add some more lights if its cold. I would used at least 5 of them for a plant.
p.s Get rid of that tin foil too..white is way more reflective.

lightly bending your plant in all directions will eventually toughen up your stock. Be careful!!!!!!!

If i do that then ill need to pay mad do for the thing that the light bulb goes in.

you mean the socket? They cost 98 cents at the hardware store, then buy some cord and some plugs. I made 5 for around 10 bucks with the bulbs. Dollar stores sell bulbs for a dollar, yea.

Latest posts

Back