Starting out seeds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Though you can do it any way you want I would do the autos outside where you can’t control the light and the photos indoors where you can control the light...depending on where you are located, you may be able to get 2 whole auto seasons of grow in one...or just plant more seeds...

Last edited:
Here’s how I do autos...I take a solo cup and cut off the bottom...fill it with your grow medium and then bury that in your final grow container. A pot in a pot...after the plant is mature enough that it should be transplanted just use a pair of scissors to cut down opposite sides of the cup and gently pull one side at a time out and now your plant is transplanted...autos don’t like the stress of a physical transplant...
Tats Great Idea Thanks

I probably would not put the autos in the ground. You need to keep autos as unstressed as possible. I would try to transplant only once as this is stressful and I would not put them into the ground. I would use good sized fabric grow bags.
How would it work if I planted auto seed directly in jiffy pots and put jiffy pots in fabric pots and just watered the buried jiffy pot until the plant established itself. Would that eliminate transplant stress.

I live in Mass, and want to put one of my autos outside this year. I was a bit late getting them started this year. Currently they are 3 weeks old, in solo cups and ready for first (and only) transplant. I was just going to put it in my veggie garden, from the solo, but I like the idea of burying a nice big fabric bag in the dirt....maybe Ill put in fabric and keep it under LEDs a few more weeks.

I assume it will go to flower if I move outside and put in my garden??

Thanks.

It won’t flower by simply moving it outside...it’ll flower whenever it’s ready...good to get it in it’s final pot though...I just transplanted five autos this morning...my experience is, autos start flowering fairly soon so...what I usually do is cut slots in the bottom of my solo cup to drain and also to make the bottom easy to remove...then I’ll sprout them in the solo cups and remove the bottoms of the solo cups and plant the whole cup minus the bottom...when the sprout is big enough to transplant, I just take some scissors and split the cup down opposite side while it’s still in the dirt of the larger pot and pull out the two halves of the solo cup one at a time leaving the plant behind in the dirt...low stress transplant...

I live in Mass, and want to put one of my autos outside this year. I was a bit late getting them started this year. Currently they are 3 weeks old, in solo cups and ready for first (and only) transplant. I was just going to put it in my veggie garden, from the solo, but I like the idea of burying a nice big fabric bag in the dirt....maybe Ill put in fabric and keep it under LEDs a few more weeks.

I assume it will go to flower if I move outside and put in my garden??

Thanks.
I also am from mass

Latest posts

Back