Still Having Problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ataraxia

Organic Enthusiast
Reaction score
I posted once with my problems and the consensus was that pH fluctuation, overwatering, and possible over feeding was the culprit. I went a week with only water and no nutes. This appeared to perk them up a bit. I added nutes with the next water and I got nute burn again. I've watered them twice since over about a week with no nutes. There are a few different symptoms but all similar. Yelowing/browning of leaves. Leaves dry up and die. One plant has yellow/white spots on a few leaves. I was feeding with Botanicare Pro Grow. I now am only using Distilled water, pH of 6.75 about once every four days. The lighting is a 250W HPS, about 24" above plants, on 24/0 light cycle.

Pic1: Alexa, yellowing/browning lower leaves, leaves on top "taco leafing"
pic2: Same plant, browning leaves
pic3:Same plant, "taco leaf"

pic4:Lilah, yellowing/browning leaves
pic6: Lilah, browning/rusty leaf

pic5: Sylvia, yellowish/white spots on margin of leaf

Any input is greatly appreciated. I know at least two of these are girls, and I would like to flower soon, but I want to get them healthy first.

IMG_1614.JPG

IMG_1617.JPG

IMG_1618.JPG

IMG_1621.JPG

IMG_1622.JPG

IMG_1624.JPG

Your nute mix is too strong.

What are the mixing instructions on the nute?

Exactly, how are you mixing it?

Flush your plant with a gallon of fresh water and let it drain.

Once you tell me how you're mixing it now and how you're measuring, I can tell you how to mix your next batch for feeding.

You'll be cutting the strength by at least half, maybe more.

The nutes I've been using are Botanicare Pure Blend Pro Grow 3-1.5-4
The directions have different amounts for different stages of growth. For seedlings and rooted cuttings, use 1/4 ounce (7mL) of Pro Grow per gallon of water. For Mid-size plants, cacti, succculents, shrubs and houseplants, use 1/2 ounce (15mL) of Pro Grow per gallon of water. For mature vegetative plants, use 1 ounce (30mL) of Pro Grow per gallon of water. For best results, use every watering.

I used two different mixes. The first time I used nutes, I mixed a batch of 5mL/gallon of distilled water. I measured it using a graduated cylinder, then added it to a gallon jug of water and shook it up real good. I used this on the oldest two plants. They seemed to react fine. I then used a 10mL/gallon mix two waterings later. This burned them. I used plain water for two waterings, and then tried again with the 5mL/gallon and my plants looked like they do now. The past two waterings I have been using just plain water, and adding it until it comes out the bottom and then stopping. You're suggesting next watering I use at least a gallon of water per plant and just let it all drain out the bottom?

thanks stoney

I don't know what plants these guys who make nutes are growing, but it's not MJ. Almost all of the nutes on the market are too strong to use as suggested by the manufacturers unless the plants are huge and growing very fast under strong lighting.

I can't use my Flora Series nutes full strength until my plants are at 4 feet tall and growing full on.

Yes, I suggested that you flush the nutes that you've used at too strong of a mix. A gallon of water per/plant should be enough of a flush to rid the soil of it's stored added nutes.

Then, back down to half that strength until your plants are at least twice the size they are now.

Watch them closely for any new damage.

Also, to gain perspective, remember that this plant you're growing can naturally top out at anywhere from 10 to 20 feet tall and almost as wide. What you have is still a tiny baby comparatively.

Latest posts

Back