Stress?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smokey Mcpotster

my bone marrow is resin
Reaction score
I don't know who had more,me or the plants.:D
As you can see by the pics I'm still battling some issues. I am growing in 3.5 gal dwc buckets. The new flower room is 40x40"x86". 600w HPS cool tube. Temps 75-78 deg. RH 40% Using lucas formula w/ 7.5 ml cal mag per gallon. The 3 are Mandala satori or speed queen. Like a noob I didn't label them well.
Started with 8 plants. 3 killed themselves, couldn't take my nute torture anymore I guess.:eek: Of the 5 I had in a 10 gal tote 4 were fem. 1 male. I took the best 3 for flower. Talk about tough, it was hard enough to kill the male. I had to kill a female!!! My wife refused to play taps while I chopped her up. I pretended to cry, she laughed. I have been able to keep the ppm @ 700 /.5 conversion, before cal-mag, past that they get a little yellow. I still seem to have a bit of yellowing on a few leaves, should I boost cal mag up to 10ml per water change? I am going to take clones later today and put her into flower. Any thing else I should look out for going into flower?

And a HUGE thanks to all the people on here, for taking the time to post and help others. I couldn't have got past germing without your help!!!!!!

DSC00726.JPG

DSC00727.JPG

i'm not sure what the "lucas formula" is, but i'd wait till they got a bit healthier before taking clones.... if you're seeing deficiencies or toxicities with mothers the problem is going to passed in the clones.... i use some of my clones as future mothers so i make sure they're in the best of health before clipping....

just my thoughts though....

Thanks flesh, I think the only deficiency at this time is my experience, first grow. I had them growing green and strong. I had to trim some roots. I had 6 plants in a 10 gal tote. Roots were one giant ball the shape of the tote. That was 10 days ago. I had to trim 80% of the roots off to get them separated. I should have backed off on my nutes when I switched them to the buckets. 700ppm was to much after the hair cut.

The lucas formula is the GH flora series without the grow. You use 8 ml of micro and 16 ml bloom per gallon in dwc. Nothing else is supposed to be used but I read of many ppl who use cal mag to help with the r/o- distilled water issues.

I appreciate your thoughts, thanks for the help.

With trimming the root ball you have caused the plant to pull nutes from the leaves to grow new roots just like clones do. Give the plant a few days to establish its self and just use plain PH'd water so the new roots are not damaged.

Green Mojo to help them along.

I'm not a hydro guy, but I have been growing for awhile, and I just wanted to say that they do not look too bad (stressed) from the pics. Or maybe my monitor is junk??? lol

Latest posts

Back