stressing @ flowers end?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kanehduhbuz

Reaction score
:) which is correct, or r both, or maybe both false? 1. - when your girl(s) r getting ready to b cut down - if u cut off all the leaves + leave only the buds, the plant will become stressed + if u leave the lite on 24/7 4 a couple days the plant will send more resin to the buds, trying to protect them? 2.-another, is when u r ready 2 cut down, don't - instead put the plant(s) under total darkness 4 maybe a week or 2. this is supposed to stress the plant into giving up more resin. now i don't no which 2 believe. i have purchased some beans + the packaging says 2 do the total darkness thing - but i'm not sure about all of this. all info/facts welcome.:D

You asked some good questions and i am not to sure of a few but i think i can safely say that putting the lights back to a 24 hours on cycle is a no go. This will of course cause some stress to the plant and also cause it to go back into a vegg growth cycle and stop producing "resin" altogether.. I think you are mostly asking is stress related to THC production and I am not 100% positive but i would say no.. But as far as the darkness thing, I have actually heard of people doing this at the end of their grows before but i think if the plant does benefit from the darkness it is not because of the stress that was caused by it but rather something else.. Hopefully i helped a little maybe someone more knowledgable will know :D

Im no pro but i have done a lot of homework and here's what I would say...

Turning the lights back to 24/7 is gonna stress it for sure, and as i understand it, stressing a plant late in it's flower cycle is gonna encourage it to turn hermi in a last ditch effort to reproduce. And when a plant turns hermi it stops (or slows) working on producing thc and starts putting more energy into producing seeds.

I have no idea about the darkness...i cant think of why it would help but i just dont know

Also, most everything i have read says that there is not a 100% connection between resin and thc. For instance, I have smoked some shwag that had tons of resin but only like 5% thc.

Kane, buddy... all the suggestions you mentioned r a no-no.

you want to keep all the leaves on the plant - they r the source of stored energy for the plant to use during flowering, and do nothing to mess with the light cycles.

the time to harvest the girl is by detecting the change in the trichomes which is the source of the THC in the bud. As soon as you start seeing the trichomes go from cloudy to amber, that's when you harvest. do not hack at and injure the little girl before you harvest... you can do that after when you clean off her buds :hubba:

good info there crazy guy - thanks :) now, - if u were 2 take a look @ toronto420seedbank, specifically the White Widow XXX (from Ontario's Best), it says to "flower for 8 weeks, but 10 weeks will really give u the crystals u r after. We suggest the final 2 weeks of the flowering cycle to turn the lites off altogether. This keeps the flowers from regrowth + stresses the plant into giving up its last drop of goodness as crystal to protect the flower.":eek: i also thought that when u r ready to chop the plant down, a good thing to do is trim off all the leaves, leaving only the buds to fend 4 themselves under the brite lite. since this s/b very stressful 4 the plant, doesn't or wouldn't the plant send more resin production to the buds, trying to also protect them?:confused:

Latest posts

Back