striped purple stem ??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grama42

Reaction score
hello growers can any one tell me if this is normal my ladies have striped purple stems and very bushy they are 6 weeks old and i now have them 12/12 i have pictures here i hope you can see them the yellow light makes it hard to get a good shot grow safe :aok:

angelina pis and plants 063.jpg

angelina pis and plants 062.jpg

angelina pis and plants 059.jpg

It's either a pheno or a defficiency. It's usually meaning you need more bloom nutes i think or potasium which helps the overall health of the plant. i think. lol

i get it all the time, usually on specific types of plants... I currently have white widow and cali orange bud which are perfectly green, but then i have a big bud plant with straight purple stocks and as far as i know its as healthy as can be....

dude that plant looks really nice!

If your still concerned purple stalks, like said, can be cause from the genetics, can be caused from a nitrogen deficiency and can be caused from being root bound.

What size container are you using and what kind of nutrients? You can try flushing her out, But im PRETTY sure its genetic dude. your plant is very beautiful

grama42 said:
hello growers can any one tell me if this is normal my ladies have striped purple stems and very bushy they are 6 weeks old and i now have them 12/12 i have pictures here i hope you can see them the yellow light makes it hard to get a good shot grow safe :aok:

man... sorry to say but that looks like a total hermie. JMO, lets see what others say i might be wrong, but it looks hermie to me because theres a lot of those balls growing out of the side with no white hairs!!! hermie or male, i hope its female though :) good luck

pimpdaddycoolz said:
Its a female. from what i can see. I dont see any balls. some clearer pictures would help though.
YES clearer pictures would help, thats why i cant tell :)

Do you know what strain it is or is it bagseed? To me the plant looks fairly healthy, what nutes are you using? how much and how often?

In the middle pic all i see is calyx and pistils, i don't see anything to make me think it's a hermie.

Potassium, temperature or genetics will cause Purple stems.

Nitrogen deficiency is not indicated by purpling of the stems as far as I know.

Yellowing leaves.

What nutes are you using?

This is from weedbay.net

And smoking joe, im sorry, your right, its not a nitrogen deficiency. I was going off of a web site that must have been wrong... Thanks! for my sake!

"Why are my Seedling’s Stems Purple? Contributed by: KiDKiND

DO NOT PANIC. A seedlings purple stem doesn?t necessarily indicate an unhealthy plant. Please take the following possibilities into consideration:

1 - Purple Stems could be a result of that wonderful thing we call genetics, if this is the reason, you are to expect a purple stem throughout the life of the plant. It must be noted that purple stems aren't a dominant trait, and are rarely genetically induced.

2 - A baby sprout with a purple stem is almost always 100% natural. Young seedlings are still adjusting to their environment and may be slightly lacking in a Nutrient. If this is the case, healthy
plants will regain their green/greenish-brown color within a few days to a week or two.

3 - If you have ruled out the possibilities of genetics and the seedlings adjustments to life, you should begin looking for a nutrient deficiency. Purple stems are commonly caused by a Phosphorous (P) or Magnesium deficiency
, if there is a P deficiency you may also notice symptoms
such as brittle leaves or greyish spots. To assist the uptake of Phosphorous (as well as most other nutes) you should ensure the pH is slightly acidic-- 6.0 will suffice."

That was just to make it clear. Everything there has already been said hahaha just thought id throw it in anyways

Latest posts

Back