stubborn seeds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

dirtysox

the last 5 of 50 seeds wont pop, doing papertowel method, any suggestions
just read "file the edges" that scares me, cause I think I would sreww up seed

they might just be dead seeds. You already have a 90% germ rate...not bad at all. I have done the paper towel method with two seeds of the ame strain where one popped in two days, the other took a week. Perhaps they are just late bloomers.

I will keep them wet for another week to be sure, and thanks.

dirtysox said:
the last 5 of 50 seeds wont pop, doing papertowel method, any suggestions
just read "file the edges" that scares me, cause I think I would sreww up seed

They may be duds. Or maybe they're old and hard. Try putting them in a glass of water overnight. If they sink, that's a good sign. If they float doesnt necessarily mean they're dead, tho.
Some hard seeds, like Morning Glory do need to be nicked with a sharp knife, then soaked for a few days. Never heard of sanding MJ, but I guess it's the same kind of thing. Worth a try, Id say , if soaking doesnt work.

Las,

much agreed. you have 90% germ rate...focus on the 45 that are alive and well.

gfan

dirtysox said:
I will keep them wet for another week to be sure, and thanks.
i cracked 7/7 with gentle sanding (nail file)on the edge and put em in a warm place with paper towel method after 1 seed took 5 days to pop (very rare ) ...you can test the seed to see if it's viable by putting it in some water in a cup and if it sinks ...its good ..if it floats throw it away ..this may help i hope !! goodluck !

Latest posts

Back