stupid question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
greenjerry said:
I like to start to grow some plants...can I use the seeds from my last bag of pot...

i am not a expert like others here but i am sure u can. Also was the bag seed good or just everyday crap?cause i think the plants will only be as good as the pot u got them from again i might be wrong sure somone else will help u out wiht more exp hope i helped:eek:

flaboy420 said:
i am not a expert like others here but i am sure u can. Also was the bag seed good or just everyday crap?cause i think the plants will only be as good as the pot u got them from again i might be wrong sure somone else will help u out wiht more exp hope i helped:eek:

Yes, to an extent you are right. But if you smoke pot from a seedy bag then it will not reflect the quality of the marijuana that is grown sinsemilla, fresh bud, cured properly, etc.

I have had brown, dry, crappy marijuana produce strong home-grown. And I have also had the same type of crappy shwag produce weak home-grown. But even the weakest home-grown grown to maturity and dried & cured properly is probably better the seedy schwag bags purchased.

Give it a try. It will give you good experience in learning how to grow, mistakes, etc.

I am not a big fan of using bagseed and encourage others to use known, quality genetics. Bagseed (especially those few seeds from that really dank bag you got that should be sensimilla) can be the result of a plant going hermie. And hermie seeds tends to produce hermie girls.

Growing is an expensive, time-consuming labor of love that is illegal in many places. Your final product depends on a large part on genetics and lighting. Why not optimize both? You can buy quality seeds from reputable dealers for around $5 each. Why risk growing some schwag or hermies when quality genetics are so inexpensive?

The Hemp Goddess said:
I am not a big fan of using bagseed and encourage others to use known, quality genetics. Bagseed (especially those few seeds from that really dank bag you got that should be sensimilla) can be the result of a plant going hermie. And hermie seeds tends to produce hermie girls.

Growing is an expensive, time-consuming labor of love that is illegal in many places. Your final product depends on a large part on genetics and lighting. Why not optimize both? You can buy quality seeds from reputable dealers for around $5 each. Why risk growing some schwag or hermies when quality genetics are so inexpensive?

Quality genetics is optimal situation, but not everyone can risk obtaining good seeds through the mail. I myself took the risk only a few weeks ago, and thank God it was successful, no problems, no confiscations. But if you have the money and are investing in grow equipment, and if you are willing to take the risk, definitely kind seed is worth it.

well if thats all you got is bag seeds and your not an expert at growing MJ than thers nothing wrong with getting your virgin green thumb a little wet :)

thats just IMO

Cheapest way to learn the basics is with bagseed. That way when you make silly noob mistakes, it won't cost you a lot of cash. Once you get your temps, airflow, smell ect, under control then you can order some primo beans and you'll have the hands on experience, plus ALL the GREAT knowledge you find here at MP to help you have a successful grow. Just my 2 cents....

IMO a first grow should be bag seed and as inexpensive as possible so that way you can have a learning experience. From there if you wnat to do it big do so i did my first couple grows with fluro ballasts and bag seeds and from there went on to HID lights and quality genetics.

Seems like the genetics of the plant itself should be the last corner you want to cut? The seeds aren't really that expensive, why cut that one corner to save a few dollars only to maybe end up with crap? Dunno, that's just me...
Wouldn't it be horrible to sit and watch a plant grow and grow and grow only to up with a tiny yield of crappy bud despite the fact that you were meticulously careful to do everything else right? I'd be bummed.

:watchplant: :confused2:

if its commercial weed with seeds in
somethin probably hermied
i imagine most of it is grown from clones???

you can get good quality genetics quite cheap
look at mandala or nirvana seeds

but if all u got is bag seed
and dont wanna commit urself to this wonderful hobby
just go for it
somethin is better than nuthin
and u get extra enjoyment from smokin ur own

Latest posts

Back