suitable mag glass to see trichs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KP419

Reaction score
Looking to order a new magnifying glass tonight and not sure how strong it needs to be to be able to see the thrichromes clearly. Does anyone know what strength glass I should get?

i use a 40x loupe from e-b.. for under 5 bucks, you cant beat it. dont get me wrong though there's def. room for improvement....peace

This is my favorite kind. Takes a couple weeks to get it depending on where you live.

hxxp://thumbs3.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mHFnTHoyEdtmcokt3fuoZIA.jpg

Change the xx to tt
I really love this one.

I seen that one but was like 17-28 days for shipping...i need it asap tho i was going to get it but cant wait that long

lots of people like the radio shack one. 12 bucks I think.

If you have a jeweler or jewelry store in your area, you can see if they have any Loupes that you could buy. Theirs are usually 30x and higher. Or if you can find a 30x mag glass somewhere(but not likely). I don't like the cheap scopes as they are hard to work and see clearly through them. I tossed the one that I first bought after I got my lighted loupe: hxxp://www.discount-hydro.com/active-eye-30x-pocket-microscope/

Not sure how long it would take to get it though :)

Radio shack. They have a small hand held, light up, $11.99 25x-75 or 100x zoom. You can see from a whole bud, to individual trichs.
I think its for computer stuff, but i ordered one from amazon, then my dog ate it, and needed one quickly, and went there.

hxxp://m.radioshack.com/radioshack/... 60-100. Sorry. But thats it. Works amazing.

I have that one,,and Ill tell ya. They can be a pain in the ***,,plus be carefull the light that comes with them can make yur triches look on the Amber side,,when they are not.
Get the one that hooks up to yur Computer.

Oh get the one that hooks to your computer. Everyone should have the one that hooks to the computer:) i found to help fight the amber lookin ness, just use a white flashlight, or led keychain to light up the area. Anything brighter than the light in the mag. The radio shack one has its set backs, but its def worth the ¥13.00 :)

I find it easier to clip a small leaf and put it on a flat surface on a piece of while paper. It is awfully hard to hold the Radio Shack type steady enough and at the correct distance when held by hand, trying to examine trichs on a plant.

:yeahthat: definitely better to cut a sugar leaf and lay on a flat surface that is away from the HPS light. That is why I like the loupe that I have as it has a built in led that is a bluish/white light that shines right where yer looking. It would take tooooo long a cable for me to connect a microscope to my computer :laugh:

[/quote] I think its for computer stuff, but i ordered one from amazon, then my dog ate it, and needed one quickly, and went there.[/quote]:spit: per potscientest

Try Iams next time.

Kp419, I ordered a 45x jewelers loop with light. $4.95 and the $12.00 radio shack 45-100x scope per recommendations here. seemed cheap enough to have both.

Iams you aint got nothin to say to me!!! And your lucky im too broke to afford wow, or id switch to your server and pwn your noob@$$. :) lmao, juuuuust kidding. I miss playing soo much. I got into it between my 2nd and 3rd deployment. Growing to me, is like playing a greener version of wow. Ahhh deathgrip my bloom juice over here, silence cal/mag problems. Chains of ice trichomes....:) WHERES MY STRENGTH BUFF FOR BLOOMING!!!! im dead....

RES ME RES ME:)

lol never thought i'd see wow in here, but this place is full of suprises. btw dk's are for those who can't pwn anything and really want to be an off tank..lol. Full tank is just too much pressure!:holysheep:

You still ganking other peoples guano?.....:eek: :ignore: :D

Just kidding. wife got me into it years ago. great fun and a great way to stay out of the summer heat.

Smoke a fatty and head off to alterac valley and own the horde. Smoke another and run a dungeon.

on topic, just got my radio shack scope in the mail. just need to get her big enough to use it.

FTW

Latest posts

Back