Super Shiva!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice grow my friend.

What hydro system are you using? Flood and drain or something else?

Good luck.

Flood and drain. I am using 4 gallon kitty litter boxes. One inside the other. The top one has holes in the bottom to let the water through, the bottom one has the hose connected.
The bucket with the red lid is my 'controller'. Seeing as water will find its own level, I set the red lid bucket up with the water coming in the bottom, and leaving to the other buckets at its side. There are two extended fittings in there which will cause the bucket to drain back into the reservoir when it gets to a certain level. This means that i dont have to set up each bucket, just the one.

Nutes are Advanced Nutrient Grow, Micro and Bloom. Fir the first two weeks I have added only half of what they recommend for veg. Its now been pushed up to full strength.

Todays Update.

Grow Grow Grow

400W MH with a wing style reflector. 18 hrs on 6 off
Hydroton medium.
Advanced Nutes Grow Micro and Bloom at their recommended dose for Vegetative.

looks like the one i pruned early is gonna make a go for it.

DSCF0034.JPG

DSCF0035.jpg

DSCF0040.JPG

Healthy looking plants...mostly sativa? That's a good, clean looking garden.

I made an educated guess at the 'tips burnt' when i noticed that the leaf fringes were turning up and starting to burn too. Hmm...
Got rid of water/nute solution and threw 10 gallons of water through each bucket, top thru bottom and out thru pipes into reservoir.
Plants didnt like it one bit and wilted.
Refilled reservoir with 20 G fresh water and added Advanced nutes 30tspn of Grow and Micro, 8tspn Bloom.
Checked water again PH between 5 and 6 (note.. need to get a better tester!)

I think that the PH of my nute solution got a little out of whack and i got a 'lockout'.

Checked this morn, plants have gained 1/2" overnight and look great!

As to the 'type'.... erm... These are the 'freebie' seeds from a UK seed place.

They were labeled as 'Super Shiva', but, after asking the seller, I have been told that these are 'Mixed Sativa'. So, I have no idea whatsoever past 'sativa'.

Last night, as well as flushing the plants, I added a shelf for the clones to sit under a 4ft double shop light.

Planning on taking clones sometime over the next week.

I got around to marking which plant is which... and I used real novel names.
Plant 1
Plant 2
Plant 3
Plant 4
Took two cuttings off each of 1 thru 3. Plant 4 is the stunty one, and I plan on keeping that around for more 'experiments!'

My idea is to root the cuttings and then work out what method I am gonna use for sexing. I was gonna put the 'mother' plants over into the 12/12 room and watch for sex. Getting rid of any males, I will then decide which is the best. I will keep the clones from that one and start them growing, I will save the best of those to be the 'mother' going forward.

Going quite well at the moment.

Plants are tall and growing fast, i would estimate 1/2" to 1" a day. The leaf tips are still showing a tiny bit of burn, but, I think I caught it in time.

Tomorrow, some of these are gonna make a trip next door, to the flowering room!
I have a 600W HPS for them to sit under.

4-29-2007 9-08-54 AM.JPG

Dang..... why is it that there is always something that i forget...
Was finishing the flowering room today, 6 buckets, tapped so that i can put water in any number of them from 1 thru 6... neato!!.
I also prep'ed my grow room so that i can do the same in there.
placed the res, etc, in the flowering room, hung the light, etc.. etc.. went to connect the pump to the control box... and... DOH... loads of black 1/2 ID Pipe, but none of the nice flexible clear stuff. I need that flexible stuff!!!

So, that has to wait until tomorrow.

Plants 1, 3 and 4 went over into the flowering room about 15 mins ago. I checked to see if the irrigation was working, and set all the timers.
They are now sat under a 600W HPS+Spec bulb.
They are also getting nutes (advanced nutrients Grow-Micro-Bloom) at the lowest flowering dosages.

I checked that the stop taps were working in the bloom room, so that only 3 of the 6 planter boxes get water.
I also corrected the Veg room layout so that I can isolate each planter box.

So... 1 in veg room and 3 in flower.

I am going to move my two Bubblegum plants into two of the vacant Veg room buckets and see how these grow.

6 - 8 weeks to go :ccc:

Plants are loving the 12/12 HPS, grown about 3 inches in 4 days!!

The two Bubblegum that i have under Flouro is about ready to put under the MH.

Also most of the clones are looking very happy. Roots are appearing out of the bottom of the starter blocks, will be moving them into the 4" blocks tonight.

Daughter has now also got her spring project (Sunflower seeds-->plants) under the flouro. These are nice and aroun 2" tall. These will need transplanting soon to!

The clones got put into 4" rockwool cubes and are now under direct flouro.

Bubblegum gone under MH.

Still no sign of sex in the flouring room. But, i noticed yesterday that the temp in there was hitting 90deg, so, i have to work out another venting system.

can i have help with which is which... i have three semi decent pics of what i think is a male, and one fuzzy female suspect.
can you verify pls

female 1.jpg

male 1.jpg

male 2.jpg

male3.jpg

hi muad'dib,i was havin the same prob with outer fringes of leaves turning upwards and very tips of leaves were burned and curling,i used nutes too early so i flushed plants and they seem to b doin abit better but not much,the leaves are healthy and green but the tips are still brown and curling even though im only using bottled water so i will keep an eye on your post to see if it comes good,best of luck m8.

Dob.. after I did my flush (and I used 12 gals of well water per bucket) I noticed that the plants were looking overall a lot healthier, but, that the affected leaves never seemed to recover.
The leaves from that point and upwards grew a lot faster and healthier, but, still got the tips burnt on 50%.
A week ago, I got my pencil PH meter. Using this I found that I was running my nute mix/water a little on the acid side. You might want to check this, as I believe that it was blocking nutes and showing the burnt tips was because of that.
I have had a couple of people state that they think the best way to recover from a semi serious burn is to flush with water, at a ratio of 3 to 1 (ie. 4 gal planter=flush with 12gal clean water) and then to run the system for a week with just plain water to pull the rest of the nutes down from the plant (like an extended flush). This is what i will do if it happens again, as this sounds like a real good answer, and it wont hurt anything.
Hope your prob gets better.

Suspect male is now removed from the grow op and has been introduced to the compost heap. May he rest in peace.

It looks like 2 of the 3 plants that I have in flowering are gonna be male. I just moved a 4th plant into the flowering room, and after I thin out the males, there will be 2 bubblegum plants going over, and the female clones will be put into veg for a coupla weeks.
:420:

I am sad!
so far 3 of the 4 'mystery sativa' have shown male.
One went a few days ago, another two went today.

Ho hum, well, i guess this is what they call learning.

The one on the left is one that i made grow with two main stems, the one on the right is 3.5ft tall! Man, these have such a sweet smell to them.

I have another of these mystery sativas that is still in the flowering room, it went in later than the first three. I also have two 'bubblegum' which are just about to go into flowering.

Wish me luck with these ones!!

If these all go tits up, i will be starting some more seed soon to recoup losses.

Yeah, I could give my local 'collective' a call to see if anyone has spare clones, but, I am still learning and would rather learn 'the hard way'.

5-22-2007 8-53-47 PM.JPG

bubblegum is a great strain to grow. a lower producer but it pays off.
I just harvested mine, and man was it a colorful harvest!
good luck to you, hopefully be getting more females.

HE HE im sure this grow is over man the thread is almost a year old.

Latest posts

Back