Supercropping article i like to share.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SwisherSweets

Reaction score
Article i found in an old book i had in the basement. Original Article written by Soma from hightimes.

I am going to go over several methods. i grow in beds with 25 plants to a bed. my beds are made of wood, and are 1.25 meters long, 1.10 meters wide and 30 centimeters high. I coat the entire inside of the bed with thick black waterproof plastic, the kind that is used in making outdoor garden ponds and fountains. i staple it very securely, a few inches up over the top lip.
I then put in 5 centimeters of hydro corals (these little round clay pellets developed by some dutch genius for growing tulips.) On top of the hydro corals i put a piece of plastic-coated, rustproof chickenwire. on top of the chickenwire i place a perfectly fitted piece of felt root cloth, obtainable at most nurseries. in each corner of the beds i place a 70mm-wide pvc pipe that is 35 cm long and goes all the way down into the hydro corals and sticks up through the top of the soil, giving the soil access to alot of air. the beds are placed on multidirectional wheels, so they can be moved around easily to get to all the plants. Next, I put in 25 cm of organic soil with a large amount of worm castings and 25% perlite. the perlite is very important for air around the roots. I carefully pack the soil around the pvc pipes in the corners.
After the beds are full, i start planting a few different types of my favorite genetics. i reach into my rich genetic library of cannabis strains and take some clones of what i want to smoke and share in the very near future. the clones are spaced evenly with an equal amount of soil given to each.

during the growth cycle, i feed the plants with a rich mixture of red and brown sea-weed solutions, with added kelp seaweed and vitamin b1. when the plants are growing in the bed, some grow a little taller than others, so i immeediately start to forcefully bend them, a la the supercropping technique. i bend them by rolling the stem between my fingers while squeezing failry hard. when i feel the inner pulp squish together, i gently bend the stem without breaking it. within three to four days, it straightens itself out forming an elbow-looking crook in the stem. the added stress makes the lower buds try harder, and the result is superbuds(buds that have multiple colas) hence the name supercropping.

after the first week of flowering, i give the plants the flowering food for the first time. the food i use has a npk ratio of 1.5-13-14 and is made mostly from guano. i start with a light dose of food, and slowly increase the amount each week into the sixth of seventh week. in the fift week i make a pure guano tea with a high phosphorus content, and water the plants with it three times that week. in the seventh week, i stop giving the plants food, and start to flush them. flushing is when you give your plants nothing but water. for the last three weeks, the plants are flushed to take away any extra food taste from the finished jewel.

the strains that i used in the last harvest were somango, white light, somativa, and nyc diesel. on some of the diesels, i have 60 to 100 grams of dry buds, as they have many branches. i like to grow big plants because they have a large root system as below so above.

starting in the sixth week of flowering i turn the lights down 30 mins a week, using the timer, and slowly turn the temperature down a few notches, to simulate the onset of winter. i also dont need to water the plants as much, as they use less and less as they get close to finishing. watering the plants too much in the end can cause bud mold, which is something you definitely want to avoid.

Latest posts

Back