Swishersweets Small Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SwisherSweets

Reaction score
Hi guys this is my little grow nothing serious just a little one

P1010216.jpg

Was curious, is this from heat, or too much water, or a nute burn. or a combination of all posibly. used the fox farm stuff big bloom at 1 tsb to a gallon 3 days ago and i forgot i watered it and watered it the next day(ya typical stoner) and today i noticed it was getting kinda hot in the room and im trying to keep the bulb as close as possible to not allow streatching with a big fan on it but it still heats up bad. temps range from 75-85 never over 90

Its growing under a incondecent for now because my HID got back ordered. just trying to make do with what i have available to keep it going.

ab.JPG

abcd.JPG

Pics are a bit blurry but if you are using a regular incandescent thats the likely culprit. They give off tons of directional radiant heat and are fairly worthless to grow with. Grab one of those cheap twisty CFLs from walmart or something until the HPS arrives.

to slow mo wasnt planning on feeding them again for another couple weeks like you said but thanks :p
Yeah to what larnek said it is pretty worthless but all i can do till my hid comes tomarrow. Be patient and wait i guess.

hopefully my light makes it here today. Its a 150w hps, should be perfect for 3 small plants. Picked up 2 bags of ocean forest for 28 dollars so whenever this little bugger gets a little bigger I'm going to transfer into that stuff. I got two more seeds germinating, one seed was cracked a little (not from germinating was cracked b4 i started germing it) wounder if it will sprout or not, who knows.. the other should for sure. going to put that baby in the ocean as well. The current soil im using is some stuff i got from a local nursery thats mixed with peat moss, soil, vermicil, and very little perlite. its ok but i want to try out the fox farm line for once. I know i wont be disapointed.
Oh yeah Current Light cycle is 18 hours light/6 hours darkness

thanks for the advice, not no pro grower, second grow ever. first time i did it i ended up getting too much heat around me at the time, so for reasons for the best, i had to pull em, but they were amazing. Now days i live 500 miles away from were i came from out in the middle of no were in a town were not a single person knows me or even comes over. So i figured being kinda a hermit now days. might as well go for it.

Looking good buddie..

kitty kat ate my plant! that bastard!!!!

so i had to start a new one, got 3 others in dirt waiting to sproute out
1 other that has sprouted but is just half inch tall and very small leafs
this one is my oldest only little less then a week inch tall

P1010211.JPG

How is the kitty feeling? Stoned.lol

Nice grow buddy

well i sorta figured out how to take a better picture. :)

The biggest is from you can see from the last photo growing good. only about inch and a half 2 inches tall, the rest are a inch tall.

I foilure fed the oldest one at first a couple days but i seem to get negitive results cos the originall leaves sorta burned off and one of the 3 leaf has a little browness on it but should be fine cos i stopped it and just let it grow and the new growth is lush and green and healthy. I spose i should of heeded that warning on no nutes for FFOF soil grows till time shows.
The rest seem healthy and fine and getting big fat leafs.

Grow Room temps range from most the time 76-87 degree's, mostly 77-80. Keep big fan blowing on the plants with abundant cold fresh air comming in. when temps are high i turn fan on 2, when temps are low i just put it on 1, never had to put it on 3.

No bug problems wich is good, and i've been keeping my waterings to tiny cap fulls and when its really dry between big waterings, then i give em a good dose. After good dose dont water again till 4 to 5 days later while i seldomly give small cap fulls.

P1010218.JPG

Man are they growing nicely

Could use a little help. After a good month or however long till my plant shows it could use a boost when the FFOF soil isnt kickin in the juice anymore. However i was curious on how should i do the feeding schedule for the nutes.
I see on alot of the post use the feeding chart, and use half strenght untill they get used to the feeds. Well obviously i would assume i wouldnt just start with big bloom because my plant would be bigger than a seedling by then, so i was woundering should i make up a mixture of 1tbs of big bloom and 1 tsp of grow big and foilure feed it or put it directly in soil?
Any sudgestion on what has worked for others with Foxfarm nutes because i have never used them before. I have made mixtures of the stuff for other items such as my indoor orange tree and other such items i have outside and it does wounders.

looks as if they are turning out to be little green monsterz ;) keep us updated

for info on FF nutes and how to..my growjournal mentions sum basic info and use of the tigerbloom.

well not much of a update but heres how there doing. as you can see there turning into very lush plants. I decided today to pick up a moisture meter. I was hoping to get one that read ph and moisture but i got the last regular one in stock because the growing season is done in my area.

Today gave em a healthy boost of Big bloom fert 2 tbls spoons to gallon, I figured it be fine considering it isnt high in nitrogen and its about the 3rd almost 4th week for the oldest and 3rd to 2nd for the smallest so i figured it be ok. I wanted to give em a boost with that stuff because from what i read it helps unlock salts and helps branches and stem growth.

Oh i use regular tap water from the area and the water is really clean were i live.
Far as strain you guys are going to laugh. I honestly dont remember what strains of weeds i have. I just know i got them threw marc emery seeds back in the day. Just hung on to them all this time.
Well guys i start my first day of college to become a welder tomarrow wish me luck.

oh yeah this is a picture of them like b4, and a second shot to show how i have no streatching and to show how small and tight they are for now.

kush.JPG

magic.JPG

Latest posts

Back