T - 2 days til I go 12/12

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorthernHoney

1st timer
Reaction score
I am so excited, I can't wait to see what they do in this stage. But really I do have a question. I am getting my 400 HPS and I want to get a new reflector with it. The one I currently have with my MH is one of the smaller ones (I don't know the measurements) but now that I am getting the new bulb for flowering I thought I might get the bigger one because it will spread more light. I have 5 now that I know for sure are females and they are definately different looking from the other 6 but I don;t want to jump to any conclusions about them. So I am only going to have 5-6 plants in all so should I stay with the smaller one for flower or go big? I also need to check out flowering nutes but never seem to see the ones you are all talking about as I am Ontario so I may be back on later in the week asking about the ones that I have found here. Also I am concerned after reading the thread on not rotating or moving plants because I've done it alot through there veg period. I am looking at them closely with a loupe everday to check for signs of mites and sex and also because I find them fascinating. I hope I have not done any damage but they are big and bushy and look healthy. Anyway, I'll stop rambling and any advice you can give before I throw the switch will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

You should have already begun with the flowering nutes. Go out today and find a good line or choose overnight for delivery. Not that it will hurt it at all, but best to start off on the right foot. Sounds like your payin close attention. Also sounds like you don't know for sure where the seeds came from. Keep a close eye for hermies in the next few weeks. Oh yeah, more light is always better.

I start flowering nutes the day I flip to 12/12. What are you looking for? You may need to order online. I purchase ALL my nutes online.

The closest Hydro store that sells anything useful is on the rez. So I will have to go see what they have in stock for soil and then report back. Now, I may have to postpone a couple of days becuz I watered everything over the last 2 days with ph'd water and fish emulsion, in my brain I thought it would be a good idea to give them one last boost and then water the next time with plain ph'd water then start the flower nutes, goes to show eh? I will be out there tomorrow to get my bulb and reflector and nutes so I will check back and see if the nutes I find are suitable before I flip. They look so good I would rather wait a few days then wreck them.

Good Luck to you....I dont see a reason why ya cant flip now...just do as ya say and water next then use firs week flower nutes..and an extrra boost of fsh dont hurt:aok: take care and be safe

I start flowering nutes the day I flip to 12/12. What are you looking for? You may need to order online. I purchase ALL my nutes online.

Good Luck to you....I dont see a reason why ya cant flip now...just do as ya say and water next then use firs week flower nutes..and an extrra boost of fsh dont hurt take care and be safe

:yeahthat:

I flipped my single WW this AM even though I watered just yesterday. My nute website (GH organic line) said to start the flowering nutes week 2 of the flip - go figure ..... so I went with it before I saw this post.... but if 4u2 says it's ok - well that's good enough in my book.

I wouldn't delay the flip either. There are some here that do not give flowering nutes until the plant starts to bud. You will be fine.

When it comes down to days to flip lights, or best time of light cycle to harvest....
The point becomes moot...make no difference.

Okie Dokie then, Tomorrow evening will be the launch. I have to work tonight so I will go get my bulb tomorrow then flip in the evening. I have the next 2 days off so I can be sure my timer and everything is working properly. BTW can I move them around while they are flowering or should I leave them alone?
I'll let you know tomorrow what nutes I can get there and see if any of you have used them before... Thanks everyone.

NorthernHoney said:
Okie Dokie then, Tomorrow evening will be the launch. I have to work tonight so I will go get my bulb tomorrow then flip in the evening. I have the next 2 days off so I can be sure my timer and everything is working properly. BTW can I move them around while they are flowering or should I leave them alone?
I'll let you know tomorrow what nutes I can get there and see if any of you have used them before... Thanks everyone.

you can move them around ,for more even light distrabution ,if you choose 2 it never did any of my ladies any harm ,,,best of luck in flowering :peace:,

I try not to move my plants too much, but the way my room is designed I have to do some moving, to get to the plants in the back. I have seen no noticeable problem with doing this. I also have friends that rotate their plants a little everday, and the one friend has one of the best yeilding grows I have ever seen. I'm interested in reading this thread about not rotating, or moving your plants, as I just read that info also. But I also see no harm done in moving things if you have to. People compare this to outdoor grows etc, I have grown outdoors for over 20 yrs, in 5 gallon buckets, and never paid attention to how they were put back when moved, if I had them exactly facing the same direction, and sometimes plants got moved often, if I thought my grow had been compromised. I see no problem with moving things if you need to...and until I read some scientific theory that prooves moving them harmful, I will continue to do what I have to do to get the best yeilds possable. Good Luck with your flip....I'm right behind ya!

Thanks again everyone, I think that when the others show sex and I can dispose if them it will open up a lot more room so I shouldn't have to move them around to much. Since this is my first grow I don't even know what male plants look like yet so I always have my head in there looking to see the changes. I said to my husband yesterday I wondered if my plants feel violated since I am always touching them. But I will be way more careful now. I'm sure I will be confused tomorrow after a trip to the Hydro store I always walk out of there wondering what they are talking about. The guy always trys to upsell nutes and additives but tried to talk me out of a digital ph meter and wanted me to buy the strips, I bought both. The strips are just sitting there. It's a kinda weird place.

I rotate my plants 1/4 turn everyday...I am my own light mver..:giggle:

Right on 4U! on another post in this section people were saying you should not move your plants...thats the first I had ever heard that, and I think I have read every book on MJ growing (exageration, but I have read many!) I asked to see some sceintific back-up for thier theroies...we will see what comes from that.

Northern...you'll have no problem telling the males...no worries! Thier was a real good article that got posted as a sticky last week I think, written by jmans weed...you should read that before you go buy your nutes...it's kind of long, but very informative. He ran a side by side test of several differnt nutrient companies lines. It's called nute study I believe. I wish I had read something like that before I bought anything. Or you can just go with the old faithfuls, Like General Hydro's 3 part, or Fox Farms full line up, orAdvanced Nutrients line up, as long as you go with one of the companies that have been around for awhile, and follow the directions, you can't go wrong. To save you the time of reading that study, he found "earth Juice line up to be his favorite....but the Advanced Nutrients to have the best yeild. Basically coming down to organic or chemical ferts. Good Luck to you, when you go take the strips back with you and return them for store credit on the nutes you buy...tell them your freinds said you don't need that crap!...lol GL!

Actually, I thought of doing that very thing. That's $12 toward my nutes! I have looked at that sticky and will go back over after I have a little sleep. I will post about my adventures later. Have a good day.

Never moved my plants. They are fixed in a flood tray, strapped tithe wall, tied to eachother, and yoyo'd to the ceiling... No way to move em.

My harvests are around a pound every 45-60 days from 4 plants. In a room 5x5x8 foot tall.

Latest posts

Back