T420K's Low Budget Growing Project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich420

Medical patient & grower
Reaction score
I've been uploading all my update videos to You Tube along with some instructional videos for the new or beginner growers to show & prove that it is indeed possible to grow on such a small budget and/or limited grow space. I'll be going over everything from seed to harvest with this project, I'll be adding instructional videos along the way to show everything I'm doing with this low budget set up to help out the beginner grower.

Aside from this current set up, I am partnered with 2 other patients for an industrial size grow set up. We are renting out an office type building, there is a vegetative room, a flowering room, and the bathroom is where the mother plants stay. For legal and privacy reasons I won't be journaling that grow project. Thanks for understanding.

I will be updating this thread alongside my youtube with fresh pics and videos 2-3 times a week so check back often. I obviously can't upload my videos to be played in the thread so for every update video I'll throw in the new youtube link after the previous one. I'll keep uploading the new pics here. I won't be adding the instructional video links here as there probably is more experienced growers than beginners, you can find them on my youtube page if you wish to view them. Each time an update video is added on this post I'll go ahead and add a new post to the thread mentioning it so you know what's new and old.

The low budget growing project set up:

The garden is in the corner of a small walk-in closet.

5 plants from bag seed. Strains: Blue Dream, Durban Dank, Lavender (the clone that is weeks ahead of others).

2Gallon buckets.

FoxFarm Ocean Forest Soil & Miracle Gro Potting Mix
FoxFarm Grow Big, Big Bloom, & Tiger Bloom nutrients.

8 to 10 23w 5000k CFL's. (You will se a 250watt HPS in week 5, it's temporarily. I set it up for a few days to see how well it will work for the cabinet garden at my new location. Some plants will stay behind under the CFL's so I can finish the low budget project)

2 fans. 4" and a 7".

Growing techniques: LST tying tops down, and stem/stalk bending on a couple.

Temperatures & Humidity: 78-88 at 40-55% humidity. (Higher temps under the HPS during testing)

Other: Basic pH testing strips. Simple rooting hormone powder for clones. Dirt M.D. foliar spray. G.H. Floralicious Plus (super concentrated enchancer) used as spray or nutrient additive. (dirt md & floralicious given as samples from hydro shop)

Feel free to post, all feedback is welcomed.

Rich, I would like to welcome you to MP.

We do however, prohibit live links unless they are to another place on MP--they can lead anywhere. So, unfortunately, I am going to have to delete all your live links.

Have you ever grown BIG before (like you are planning on)? There really is a whole lot to this growing thing. I do have some suggestions for your budget grow if you are interested.

The Hemp Goddess said:
Rich, I would like to welcome you to MP.

We do however, prohibit live links unless they are to another place on MP--they can lead anywhere. So, unfortunately, I am going to have to delete all your live links.

Have you ever grown BIG before (like you are planning on)? There really is a whole lot to this growing thing. I do have some suggestions for your budget grow if you are interested.

The budget project is just a cheap closet grow to show the new or beginner growers it's possible to grow with a small budget under CFL's..

Like I said in the main post, I would like to show off the larger scale (industrial size) grow that I'm working on with 2 other patients but for legal and privacy issues I'd rather not report on that set up. The building has 2 office rooms and a bathroom, just imagaine what's being done in there..

Latest posts

Back