T5 Bulbs? What's the best combo of K?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

000StankDank000

Reaction score
So what is the best make of bulb for T5? I seen crazy priced 54 w Hortilux bulbs.

What would you say is the best combo for veg? Example all 6500 k a mix of 6500k and 2400k or what?

So what do you feel is the best bulb setup for T5?
Stank

I have always vegged with all 6500K, but this latest light, since it is 12 tube, I got 4 that are red. Too early to tell if I am going to like it though or whether I am going to be getting 4 more 6500K tubes for next veg.

Thanks blowin . That's what I'm talking about. If I could find them local I'd grab 4 and mix them in with my 6500K bulbs.
Do you know where I can order them?

Over the 30+ years of growing, I have found that high priced bulbs are simply not worth it. You can throw in those, stank, but IMO, it is a waste of money and I doubt that you will see much if any difference,k if any, in vegetative growth adding those $30 bulbs, than if you are using regular cheap 6500K T5 tubes. That kind of money could actually buy another fixture...

Clearly..... It's the fact I had it all dialed in and now it's not. I was told was nute burn flushed em and it's gotten worse. I'm thinking it's the cold 56F the lowest when bloom lights not on. It's like the plant is killing itself. I have a sick plant thread I will update

I dont know how good they are like Goddess said i just happen to come accross them. Does the uva an uvb help MJ grow? BtL

Hey Stank nothing changed accept the lights in your grow? Im planning on setting up another setup an was planning on switching to T5 cause ive heard alot of good things. Check out the link in my other post, i fixed it so it works now. Its the website for those bulbs, from what they say there the bomb but how much is truth an how much is sales **? BtL

No 3 things changed . Light, no worm castings and cooler temp oh and strain lol.
I have a thread in sick plant section. I'm a novice grower far from pro .
I'm a fan of hortilux bulbs I run there MH and HPS so why not T5?

I just read in Ed Rosenthals book that uvb light is good for plants, those hortilux bulbs emit uvb light an it says normal T5 bulbs dont. So if thats true the hortilux bulbs should work good, he also says you only need 10% of uvb to help so if you had a 1000 watt garden you would want 100w of uvb. Any buddy done any testing? Im always looking for ways to improve yield! BtL

If I could find them local for $30 a tube I'd toss 4 in my 8 bulb fixture and see.
Wonder who sells those in Toronto Canada ? Everything is more that Oakland PH pen says $87 MSRP it's $120 local for me. I bet those bulbs are gonna be $50 a bulb local which would make it not worth it.

Theres a Hortilux dealer 8 miles from me, ill probably check into them.

you can get 10000 kelvin t5 bulbs with uv a at high tech garden supply for around $10. i only use them in flower though. i know the light color is very blue for the flowering phase but i have only used one uv a out of my 4 t5's (the others are bloom spectrum) and supplemented with bloom color temp cfl's.

Since I went T5 I wish I never did veg has gone to ****.

This cannot possibly be a result of the T5s. I has to be something else. The timing a coincidence. I cannot imagine anything, even in my wildest dreams, that could cause your grow to go south because of switching to T5s. Tell us what is going on?

56° then it's most likely your root zone is WAY to freaking cold!! I'm going through the same exact thing right now, and the only remedy for me is to go back hydro as there's much more precise (and quicker) control with the root zone!

I have yellowing from the middle down, and a bit of a droop going on. I was thinking it was bugs or PH or toxicity, but after checking.. the PH is great (6.1 run off) the PPM's were fine (1050 PPM but that's also factoring in "waste") but the temps of my run off was 58°. I'm using Bluelab pens that were recently calibrated.

Changing the light spectrum most likely won't fix a dang thing with a root zone at that temp. Many processes slow down and even nutes will lock out. I know.. it sucks.. I've literally just come to this conclusion in my own room a few days ago. Find a way to get some head near that root zone at night. I run a small heater on the outside of the tent...but if I had a way to "duct in" some heat that'd be best! I have 2 runs to finish up before switching hydro. Doing the veg room switch today.

Sorry about my rant, maybe you'll find some good in there.. lol! :D :aok:

And yeah.. it's not your T5's mate. I had amazing benefits to attaining T5's after using my MH. Less stretch, closer nodes.. less heat, I think better spectrum? Just where it's at, as far as veg is concerned. :aok:

Latest posts

Back