T5 Bulbs? What's the best combo of K?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i dont understand the above statement plenty of growers grow full veg stage with T5, how can they be stretching for the light when the light is a couple inches from them? an also a T5 can put out just as many lumens as a MH an is a whole lot closer than a MH so i dont agree with your above statements..BtL

i have vegged in all 4 of my grows under those 10000 kelvin t5 finisher bulbs. as a fatter f mact, i flower under the t5's as well though i switch out most of the 10000 kelvin bulbs for 2700 kelvins. never had any stretch at all. 6 or 7 different strains. i am even hoping for a bit of stretch this go 'round because i screwed up the ph on my buckeye purple plant and it is stunted....

I figured I might have riled some folks with that claim... it was like this. I had to lift the T5 high enough for the pattern to cover the plants under it, perhaps as much as 8 to 12 inches.
Like I said, first few weeks fine, but then they started to look like they were trying too hard. Vague explanation, I know. Perhaps it was more likely I was trying to cover too many plants.

i only grow a couple at a time in my small tent so you are probably right. 8-12 inches is really far away with t5's though. i keep mine like 2-3" away. i am not riled though. i don't know enough to be riled...

I'm all fired up to try a DWC under a couple LEDs and I was wondering what I'd be doing with the T5. It sounds like I could use it ( 4 x 4' tubes) over 2 mother plants. This place never ceases to amaze me.

I have 8 big plants under T5 that I veg the whole time under. Works well after bulb change of cheap Chinese bulbs.

I have 8 big plants under T5 that I veg the whole time under. Works well after bulb change of cheap Chinese bulbs.

Any pictures, StankDank? That sounds about exactly the point where I thought I saw them wanting. Maybe I'm just seeing them leaning toward the light and reading too much in to it.

After only a couple weeks using the T5 theres a noticable difference compared to the MH, the plants are short an stocky an the nodes spacing is nice an tight compared to the MH. I have plenty of space for vertical growth but i like to keep them short an bushy. I had to add a heater to the room to keep my temps where i want them cause the T5 runs so cool!! BtL

Latest posts

Back