Taking to the indoors..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T-Bone

Reaction score
Hello Everyone, been growing for 10 years outdoor organics. Recently the winter has me depressed and i need a hobby...this is where you fine people come into play. i am wanting to use just a 250HPS and i believe a digi ballast it the way to go, i was just wondering about where i could find something like this with a hood, bulb, remote ballast, filter and fan? not looking to go crazy, but would like something that will last for a while, going with auto AK or blueberry auto. not too many as i will also do a tomato plant or two, cant stand the store crap. please let the sugestions roll in, thank you
~T-Bone

I am not even sure if they make 250w digi ballasts....I wld just go with a 400w digi ballast...I run my 400w regular ballast with the ballast outside the tent and the temps inside the tent are not that high...one fan on top of the tent cools things...as for where to get it...well ebay has good deals or if you want to go with something other then ebay try HTGsupply...I got both my 600w digi and my 400w standard on there...

Hamster Lewis said:
I am not even sure if they make 250w digi ballasts....I wld just go with a 400w digi ballast...I run my 400w regular ballast with the ballast outside the tent and the temps inside the tent are not that high...one fan on top of the tent cools things...as for where to get it...well ebay has good deals or if you want to go with something other then ebay try HTGsupply...I got both my 600w digi and my 400w standard on there...
Seems like HTGsupply has almost 50% of the stuff on ebay. I am looking at a remote ballast kit that comes with a air cooled hood(no fan) and bulb (400w) at a very attractive price. Oh ****, I gotta start a new thread!:holysheep:

Ebay always has some good deals...I got a 600W hps with air cooled reflector with a used 600w eye hortilux bulb, and a brand new eye hortilux bulb, for the price of what the new 600 bulb would have cost me.

Craigs list also has some good deals sometimes.

maybe a 400hps would be better for my set up, this is not just for some serious dank, but also some veggies. so this should be a good idea, im just looking for something that might run coolish, i will be bringing in fresh air, and a carbon filter, and a digi should help with efficiency. anymore ideas wouls be great.
~T-Bone

T-Bone said:
maybe a 400hps would be better for my set up, this is not just for some serious dank, but also some veggies. so this should be a good idea, im just looking for something that might run coolish, i will be bringing in fresh air, and a carbon filter, and a digi should help with efficiency. anymore ideas wouls be great.
~T-Bone

You need to buy the right size light for the grow space you plan. A 400W HPS is good for around 9-10 sq ft. So, how big a grow space are you planning? What are your plans for ventilation?

also may i suggest that you look at air cooled reflectors while you are shopping? If you are going to be growing in a small space, you may want one, they are a little more expensive, but you will probably kick yourself later when you have 90 degree temps, for not spending a few extra bucks now.

I actually have my entire basement to do what i want, i was actually planning on using an inline filter with a 6"fan trough insulated AC flex tubes. So i am building a table and to vent, i am installing a dryer vent with screen(no mice).
~T-Bone

The vegetables need less light than the MJ, I'd run tube fluoros for the veggies.

I used a 400W switchable ballast for my last 3 grows in a 1 1/2' x 3' x6' cabinet, with 4 to 6 4' plants in it, it worked really nice, untill I wanted a bigger space, but it was giving me a little over 1/2 elbow every harvest with Afghani#1, or Atomic NL, and they were nice tight buds. Heat was an issue in the summer, thats one of the reasons I went bigger, with the little cabinet I barely had room for the reflector, and not enough space to run ducting.

I'm using it, and the cabinet for my veg space now.

So, does anyone have any ideas on what type of bulb/ballast/reflector? and where should i get it from?(secure site) thanks everyone. as for strains, i was going to go with a few lowryder crosses for the first grow as 70days start to finish sounds good for a start so landlord doesn't get too up my ***.
~T-Bone

Latest posts

Back