Tap water/storage?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
THG & Growdude, i posted w/o being 100% pos of the process. i was part right in that water passes through the membrane, but a better definition was found on Applied Membrane.com.

"Reverse osmosis (RO) is a membrane separation process in which feed water flows along the membrane surface under pressure. Purified water permeates the membrane and is collected, while the concentrated water, containing dissolved and undissolved material that does not flow through the membrane, is discharged to the drain.

The key requirements of Reverse Osmosis (RO) process are a membrane and water under a pressure. Other requirements include prefiltration to remove suspended impurities and carbon to remove chlorine (damages the membrane).

Most membranes remove 90-99+ % of the dissolved impurities depending on the impurity and the composition of water.

Reverse osmosis systems (RO Systems) remove salts, microorganisms and many high molecular weight organics. System capacity depends on the water temperature, total dissolved solids in feed water, operating pressure and the overall recovery of the system."

i still dont know the ammount of H2o wasted. is there an effiency rating on these?

SSH

I just picked up some RO water from work LOL. just to get me going. I dont get paid until Friday and I have to move my little ones so I did what any father would do for his kids got water for them.

I will buy some water from the store on Friday so that I will be ready for the next res change.

There is no way to know how much water will be wasted--it depends on how bad your water is to begin with. But, be aware, you can put 4+ gals of water down the drain for every gal of RO water you end up with.

i think ill stick with a 5 gal bucket of H2o and let it sit overnight w/airstone. maybee RO Membrane technology will advance to be more efficient.

SSH

The Hemp Goddess said:
There is no way to know how much water will be wasted--it depends on how bad your water is to begin with. But, be aware, you can put 4+ gals of water down the drain for every gal of RO water you end up with.

Thats why I am going to just buy some water this weekend from the store that way I don't have to worry about wasting water. Were trying to save money not waste money.

Latest posts

Back