TBG/Mutt white widow grow :-)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
Nice looking plants j99jm. :aok: Here are our ladies. Sorry about the yellow in the pics but the lights were on and i didn't feel like moving them out this time. :p So far we have all females except one. For some reason she just don't wanna show us her stuff. :hubba:

Somehow I ended up with 9/10 females. I was pretty shocked, actually. Who needs "feminized" seeds. :p

Its been a fun yr. growing with ya on this...Look forward to next month and harvest. TBG. :banana:
You have a very merry Christmas Bruddah. :48:

One of the plants I topped instead of creating two upper colas....sent all the energy to the bottom and shot up 4 branches....sorta wierd.
Other one I topped just got more compact. These F2 WW is "strange" in responding to topping. Really cool. :cool:

BTW, less wattage used when switched to 120W worth of HID....Buds are 4x more dense then under 180W of flos....so in a nut shell....put the CFL's away and go get floods. Lil more up front (barely anything paid 20 bucks for a 55W CFL or 30 bucks for a 50W HPS....get the HPS) had to see for myself how well CFL's did....stick with a HID. ;)

couple leaves bumped into the vert bulbs...under 70W and 50W hung vert.

Picture or Video 142.jpg

Picture or Video 143.jpg

Picture or Video 144.jpg

Damn mang i missed your update. :doh: Anyway your ladies are looking great Mutt. :aok: Yes these babies do grow very strange. We didn't do any topping or LST and our ladies are all over the place. I think these seeds were ment to stay locked away. ;) Anyway here are some pics of our ladies taken this morning. They wre all put into flower at the same time and as you can see by the pics a few of them stretched while the others stayed short and bushy. On a few of them you can see the buds are much bigger also. :confused2: Like i said these seeds need to be and will be locked away if not thrown away. :p

100_0870.jpg

100_0873.jpg

100_0876.jpg

100_0879.jpg

even if they are a bit different they still look like some serious plants to me great green and some buds starting. and i still want to come and play potter inthe room ill be real still i promise :D

Mutt said:
BTW, less wattage used when switched to 120W worth of HID....Buds are 4x more dense then under 180W of flos....so in a nut shell....put the CFL's away and go get floods. Lil more up front (barely anything paid 20 bucks for a 55W CFL or 30 bucks for a 50W HPS....get the HPS) had to see for myself how well CFL's did....stick with a HID. ;)

Hey Mutt. These little HPS babies are underrated. More lumens per watt than cfl's. Just remote the ballast, and viola, a mean little growing machine.

Looking real nice Mutt. :aok: I can see the purple on your one lady. ;) Don't feel bad mang out of our 4 ladies one has shown a few flowers so we went ahead and plucked them off. Haven't seen anymore so we'll keep our fingers crossed.

i got about 100 watts worth of CFL's right now, do you think if i ditched them and replaced them with a 70 watt HPS bulb (ballast on the outside of my grow cab) do you think i'd get better results then as well? How much heat does one of those 70 watt HPS bulbs put out, just the bulb by itself, not in a flood or a housing or anything. I just have no idea what sorta heat signature they got, if i could keep a 70 watt cool like i do my 100 watts of CFL then id probably try switching it up for some denser buds

Hey mutt and tbg ,,lookin good guys i hope everything keeps going good for u guys ,,and i hope them darn hermies stay away

HAPPY GROWIN TOM TOM
AND HAPPY SMOKIN

akirahz said:
i got about 100 watts worth of CFL's right now, do you think if i ditched them and replaced them with a 70 watt HPS bulb (ballast on the outside of my grow cab) do you think i'd get better results then as well? How much heat does one of those 70 watt HPS bulbs put out, just the bulb by itself, not in a flood or a housing or anything. I just have no idea what sorta heat signature they got, if i could keep a 70 watt cool like i do my 100 watts of CFL then id probably try switching it up for some denser buds
;) go for it dude. I still use CFL's for veg, but I can get the leaves within 2-3" and not burn the leaves. CFL's were hotter. IME

CFL's were hotter.

Really? Wow, I guess that makes my decision easy to buy a 400w HPS for my flowering.

Back to the journal topic... ;)

Those are looking beautiful guys! I may include some WW on my first seed order. :bongin:

akirahz said:
... i was curious, if i buy the 70 watt hps one, would i be able to get away with using a 100 watt bulb?

No you can't. I know this because I bought one of the 70 watters (HPS) at Home Depot and also bought a 100w to do like you said. But, the 100w bulb requires a larger socket. So, I took it all back and plan on buying a 400w HPS on line for about the same amount of money.

keep the same wattage bulb with same wattage ballast.
yeah if you go in they got all sorts...wall mount, pole mount, motion floods, all sorts. just shop around ;)

BenDover said:
Really? Wow, I guess that makes my decision easy to buy a 400w HPS for my flowering.

Back to the journal topic... ;)

Those are looking beautiful guys! I may include some WW on my first seed order. :bongin:

Thanks, for the remarks :D
reason the CFL's were hotter was becuase the ballast was right there next to the bulb. Plus more lumen/intense light per watt than with CFL's per watt.

I took a top...in FLOWER!!!! :eek: but hold off telling me I shouldn't have...:ignore: :p
First run ever done with lights vert....so gettin used to training sideways. All the buds have purple hue to em. Sorta cool. Took a taste...potent stuff there. But not expecting much of a yeild....hey win some lose some.
But def. a freaky plant. ROFL
I think TBG and I had some "obstacles" in this grow. but thats what seperates the men from the boys. :hubba:
Bad dirt, unkown variables, and new methods got us both before and will again. but still endin up with bud.:cool:
Glad you got your dirt issue worked out TBG...can't wait to see some pics.
Here's my "show n tell"....burnt leaf tips from light, topped in flower to get light to the other plant, 2 plants in a single pot, DANG I'm such a newb :p

Picture or Video 172.jpg

TBG, MUTT hows it been goin guys???? yall ladies are looking great like always. Are yall thinking about doing another WW grow??? ill like to take part in it if so cause thats what ill be doing next. Ill like yall to know that with yall help i had no problems atall ( besides Ph brefly) jus and to remember what yall said. Glad to see the grow still goin.

Update. First let me say i can't wait to get these freaks outta my damn grow room. :p Well two of the four ladies had some problems with the nutes we gave them but they seem to be getting better after the flush. We have one lady that has stretched to almost 4 feet tall and you can tell she is Sativa dominant. She is also the only purple we got out of this bunch. Sorry for the crapy pic this time around but i didn't feel like pulling them out of the grow room. ;) All the Widow's are on the left.

100_1030.jpg

Latest posts

Back