TDubs tiny tent

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good Morning!
The cold and rainy here, so I’m trying to stay indoors. I’m tempted to harvest this Godfather OG at 10.5 weeks of flower. Do you think my harvest window is open, or am I rushing things? I’m actually confused because of the mix of clear and amber.

Since harvest is such a personal opinion, I guess it’s more of a question of whether I’m at peak harvest conditions….or should I wait another week?

Thanks!

8F26288B-FA05-4EF3-9CA9-E4088BD8797F.jpeg436A94FF-1650-4D67-8FC9-03FFE6292D44.jpeg2800B451-4632-40DF-9D0F-3E947F4B3017.jpeg7E880260-A5C4-4F06-A4F3-D4CB4462B31D.jpegC10EC668-1EA5-49B5-A5EC-3F855E3CDD8F.jpeg7EFC646A-5415-45FF-8C65-71DE72AFD40B.jpeg

If in doubt, you could harvest some now and some in a week then compare the smoke on the two. I’ve taken the top buds and let the lower ones go for another week before with no detrimental effects to the plant that I could see. As a bonus, you may get 2 kinds of smoke. I read somewhere that plants amber up at 5% a week but that could be misinformation or strain dependent or poppycock…

If in doubt, you could harvest some now and some in a week then compare the smoke on the two. I’ve taken the top buds and let the lower ones go for another week before with no detrimental effects to the plant that I could see. As a bonus, you may get 2 kinds of smoke. I read somewhere that plants amber up at 5% a week but that could be misinformation or strain dependent or poppycock…
That’s a great idea….thank you! Yes, I will remove tops and get more light down into the lower portion of the canopy for a week. I hadn’t even considered a partial-harvest option. Thank you! I’ll chop the tops this afternoon.

That’s a great idea….thank you! Yes, I will remove tops and get more light down into the lower portion of the canopy for a week. I hadn’t even considered a partial-harvest option. Thank you! I’ll chop the tops this afternoon.
I harvested part of a Freakshow plant last fall and let the rest go for a couple of weeks. The early stuff is really jittery. The later stuff is still energetic but I like it better but that is personal preference.

I harvested part of a Freakshow plant last fall and let the rest go for a couple of weeks. The early stuff is really jittery. The later stuff is still energetic but I like it better but that is personal preference.
Thanks OldFogey. That’s a really good call, especially with the high THC reported for Godfather OG. A little mellower might be good.

That Freakshow sure sounds like a unique and tempting strain. I wish I could manage to grow it outdoors.

Thanks OldFogey. That’s a really good call, especially with the high THC reported for Godfather OG. A little mellower might be good.

That Freakshow sure sounds like a unique and tempting strain. I wish I could manage to grow it outdoors.
You can grow the freak outside and nobody would know but us 🤣

Good Morning,
A quick update to the journal. Here are a few rough photos showing the second (and final) harvest of the Godfather OG. I saved the top colas for smoking and I’m using the lower “larfy” buds for edibles. This wraps up the 4 month grow….that one felt like it took forever.

Here she is before chopping off the top colas
EF835373-5CE3-4EA3-8D53-27CFCEFF71C4.jpegAB17E24C-08AD-4876-8575-C927022CFD86.jpeg

And here she is after being topped.
BA7B8F20-B60B-432A-818B-7A394250149B.jpeg52613A98-3478-42DD-AC45-3A864AFE1129.jpeg

This plant was awesome.,..not only sticky as hell, but easy to grow. Her colas were stacked nicely without too much stretch.

7412D383-49A8-4F89-A869-F6B12F0E6111.jpeg

And finally, the new kid on the block. The GanjaFarmer Lemonade Haze has been transplanted from a one gallon container to a 5 gallon Gro Bucket. She was moved to her own 2x2x6 tent too. I still have a GG4 that needs to be transplanted too.

C0EF1F92-2E21-4FE8-9915-D46D06560183.jpeg69E4F3C4-6528-4594-8CEC-B40A1B6C07BD.jpeg

I’m not too motivated to grow at the moment since I have an ample supply….so i plan to continue posting this grow to keep me engaged, I’m still too preoccupied with learning guitar and my attention to the garden has suffered as a result. I will only grow two plants this spring/summer for simplicity.

(Thanks for all of the guitar tips too. Most notably, The Positive Grid Spark amp recommended by Flower has proven to be the most motivational guitar practice tool I could ever envision. I modified it to make it battery-operated which really works great for mobility. Marty Music, recommended by OldFogey, has been really cool too). I’m learning basic open chords and power chords at the moment (4 lessons into it).

I plan to smoke some Godfather OG later today for a smoke report. No discernible smells that I can pick out (sorry BigSur!)

I have one on the way…
Hi Old Fogey, Did you go with the Spark 40 watt or Spark Mini? Either way, I suspect you’ll be playing a lot more now that you have the Spark. I can’t wait until I know more chords and can use it even more.

As an FYI, The Spark 40 can run on a battery too. There is a YouTube video on it using this Talemtcell battery which matches up perfectly.

Here are the two Amazon descriptions.

TalentCell Lithium ion Battery Pack NB7102, Rechargeable 17500mAh 64.75Wh Li-ion Power Bank with DC 24/19/5V and USB-C 5/9/12/15/20V Output for Laptop, Notebook, Smartphone, Camera and More https://a.co/d/95AqBxw

And I used these magnets to attach the battery to the back of the unit
OQTIQ [2 Pack] Magnetic Phone Car Mount, Phone Magnet for Car, Universal Stick On Rectangle Flat Dashboard Car Phone Magnet Mount for Cell Phones and Mini Tablets (Rectangle Flat) https://a.co/d/672hd9i

I went with the 40 watt original. The price difference wasn’t worth losing the extra knobs/controls for me. Now I need to get a pickup for my acoustic. I still have to find time to play around with an Akai MPK mini plus MIDI controller I bought at Christmas time but a new toy that will play along with me sounds like a blast.

Latest posts

Back